Boycott the Saints Game !!!

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just plain silly. Talking about biting your nose off to ........

The game will go on with or without you, plus you'll miss a good game.
A good game? Or 60 minutes of frustration, blown calls, make up calls? All they care about is money. They showed that today when the nfl backed up the foot locker rejects.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Count me out. This dispute should be solved as a result of BOTH sides bridging the gap, not just one. You can gripe about the NFL being greedy all you want, but so is the NFLRA.

Reaction score
one Sunday, thats all it is. One Sunday. Show some restraint. Send the ultimate message.
Someone else is going to end up taking your seat, so I don't think its going to really matter. The NFL didn't care that they caused the worst single call in NFL History. They won't care if you don't show up to a game

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A good game? Or 60 minutes of frustration, blown calls, make up calls? All they care about is money.

You're right. If the NFLRA really cared about the "integrity of the game" as they claim, then they'd be willing to negotiate. But their refusal to offer any concessions proves all they really care about is more money. But what do you expect from a bunch of lawyers?

Female Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just plain silly. Talking about biting your nose off to ........

The game will go on with or without you, plus you'll miss a good game.
That is true. Why take it out on the team when it's the refs that are messing up.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right. If the NFLRA really cared about the "integrity of the game" as they claim, then they'd be willing to negotiate. But their refusal to offer any concessions proves all they really care about is more money. But what do you expect from a bunch of lawyers?

You could look at it that way or you could look at it as the NFL, multi-billion dollar company, refusing to concede. The rumor is that the NFL and NFLRA are arguing over $47M over 7 years. A billion dollar industry is hageling over $7/M a year. That's SAD.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
...theung worst single call in NFL History.

Apparently, you're too young to remember the Jerry Rice Fumble game.

Then there was the Calvin Johnson call that cost the Lions a game.

There was the obviously fumble by Cutler that Ed Hoculi inexplicably called dead.

There was the Tuck Rule Game, which Woodson said was worse.

And then there's the REAL worst call... Bottlegate.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You could look at it that way or you could look at it as the NFL, multi-billion dollar company, refusing to concede. The rumor is that the NFL and NFLRA are arguing over $47M over 7 years. A billion dollar industry is hageling over $7/M a year. That's SAD.

Forget rumors. How about some facts instead? There is also the fact that the officials refuse to work full-time and they refuse to allow performance evaluations that have any meaning. They also say a 401(k) with 25% contribution from the NFL isn't enough. Instead they demand a full pension for a PART-TIME job! They also refuse to allow 2 backup crews. And we're talking about wealthy lawyers here. No sympathy from me. There is plenty of room for both sides to make concessions and both should, NOT just one side. Until the NFLRA are ready to NEGOTIATE, let them sit.

By your logic, if Walmart's cashiers all demanded to be paid $50/hr. then they should do it.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
You're a sick young woman. :)

You have to figure that real in your face violence courtesy of Mr. Rodgers and Mr. Brees will really get people talking!

It's like we are becoming the NBA at times here lately.:(And last nights game was of course the most brutal display of stupidity but this is stuff is happening in all games all the time since the season started.

And what about gambling? Are these refs gambling?

And are the refs scared of home crowds?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Someone else is going to end up taking your seat, so I don't think its going to really matter. The NFL didn't care that they caused the worst single call in NFL History. They won't care if you don't show up to a game

Last night was pretty bad but imagine how much worse it can get.:eek:We could have some things happen in the playoffs that made the Tuck Rule look like patty cake.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By your logic, if Walmart's cashiers all demanded to be paid $50/hr. then they should do it.

I don't see how you made that inference, but I'm not getting into with you again because it's useless.

I'm just saying pay the refs so that crap like last night doesn't happen again. Both sides need to come to some agreement soon.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They're already the highest paid officials in the world. That said, the "Both sides.." part is on target. Not one side or the other... BOTH.

soroilo2003

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you digest the play in sections ITS A TOUCHDOWN. Forget the pass interference that is PI plain and simple. But to say these refs blew the call is wrong.

This play went as follows Seattle's QB passes in the endzone. Yes Tate comits PI but I believe the refs are concentrating on the ball up in the air. Greenbay's Jennings makes a great leap and gets both hands cleanly on the ball. At the same time Golden Tate is also in the Air and manages to get one hand on the ball. To this the rule reads as follow.

A player (or players) jumping in the air has not legally gained possession of the ball until he satisfies the elements of a catch listed here.

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3 of the NFL Rule Book defines a catch:

A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:

(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

(c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.).

When Tate is in the air he only has one hand on the ball. He lands with both feet at the same time and imediatedly grabs the ball with his free hand. At this time Tate has possesion of the ball with both hands on the ball and both feet inbounds. Tate then pulls the ball down towards him and this causes Jennings who is still airborne to be pulled forward and lands on one foot only. So in reality Tate is the first player to get possesion of the ball. Not until Tate is on his back does Jennings knee finally comes down and he now is also in possesion acoording to the rules. At this time both guys clearly have both hands on the ball and have both feet or another part of the body besides the hands come down in bounds (Jennings). At this point is when the simultaneous catch happens and the following rule applies.

Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

So as I explained it the ref did an excellent job interpreting the rule as it reads. What I don't understand is how the NFL cannot see this and basically save them the embarressment they have been going through.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Count me out. This dispute should be solved as a result of BOTH sides bridging the gap, not just one. You can gripe about the NFL being greedy all you want, but so is the NFLRA.

I'm not sure I agree with that. One of the main sticking points of the NFLRA is about the way that the owners want to restructure their retirement into a 401k that would effectively amount to worse retirement package. Also, the argument of the refs is that the NFL has been pulling down record profits, so why shouldn't they get a raise? That's greed, but it's reasonable greed. It's not like they're asking for a salary comparable to any NFL player.

And it was the owners who locked them out, the refs did not go on strike.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you digest the play in sections ITS A TOUCHDOWN. Forget the pass interference that is PI plain and simple. But to say these refs blew the call is wrong.

This play went as follows Seattle's QB passes in the endzone. Yes Tate comits PI but I believe the refs are concentrating on the ball up in the air. Greenbay's Jennings makes a great leap and gets both hands cleanly on the ball. At the same time Golden Tate is also in the Air and manages to get one hand on the ball. To this the rule reads as follow.

A player (or players) jumping in the air has not legally gained possession of the ball until he satisfies the elements of a catch listed here.

A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:

(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

(c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.).

When Tate is in the air he only has one hand on the ball. He lands with both feet at the same time and imediatedly grabs the ball with his free hand. At this time Tate has possesion of the ball with both hands on the ball and both feet inbounds. Tate then pulls the ball down towards him and this causes Jennings who is still airborne to be pulled forward and lands on one foot only. So in reality Tate is the first player to get possesion of the ball. Not until Tate is on his back does Jennings knee finally comes down and he now is also in possesion acoording to the rules. At this time both guys clearly have both hands on the ball and have both feet or another part of the body besides the hands come down in bounds (Jennings). At this point is when the simultaneous catch happens and the following rule applies.

Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

So as I explained it the ref did an excellent job interpreting the rule as it reads. What I don't understand is how the NFL cannot see this and basically save them the embarressment they have been going through.

Actually when Tate had his hand off the ball and hitting Woodsons face means that MD had control and fell..Tate then tackled him and the ball in a sense.

And the ref that ruled it a Td was a lingerie ref that they booted...The other ref was from the SEC and had it right..ESPN radio said that tonight, so is that true??

Technically the replay would never have awarded the Packers the int...Was just looking to see if ball came loose and it never did..

So if the refs on the field ruled it a int, there would not have been enough to over turn it, Packers win

So the ref from the bra league got it wrong. And that is what 99% of the people are saying...The call on the field was wrong

packwon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually when Tate had his hand off the ball and hitting Woodsons face means that MD had control and fell..Tate then tackled him and the ball in a sense.

And the ref that ruled it a Td was a lingerie ref that they booted...The other ref was from the SEC and had it right..ESPN radio said that tonight, so is that true??

Technically the replay would never have awarded the Packers the int...Was just looking to see if ball came loose and it never did..

So if the refs on the field ruled it a int, there would not have been enough to over turn it, Packers win

So the ref from the bra league got it wrong. And that is what 99% of the people are saying...The call on the field was wrong

Dufass-- the ref was not from the lingerie league, that guy has not set foot on the field. But he as almost as stupid as you. Your argument is predicated on the fact that control is only established by touching the ground with both feet. If that were the case why would they have made three conditions a)control, b)land and c)maintain

packwon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
o.k. gang,
The nfl isn't going to fess up. And they aren't going to pony up either. So it's up to the fans. I for one am not going to not watch the games. Just the opposite. I'll watch and record the advertisers who pay to put this joke of a game on the air. Look for the list of those to boycott right here next week. -- If you pay to advertise on the packers games, you have been warned.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dufass-- the ref was not from the lingerie league, that guy has not set foot on the field. But he as almost as stupid as you. Your argument is predicated on the fact that control is only established by touching the ground with both feet. If that were the case why would they have made three conditions a)control, b)land and c)maintain

Nice...

I did say ESPN radio said it..Rob Dibble on his show at 1120 CST said it..I did include that

and about MD catching, I'll go by what I heard from about 15 former players/NFL front office people said that MD had control..not to mention the ref they had on during the game said it as well..

So, I guess I am stupid for trusting people that played and worked the game...I'll trust your words from now on

packwon

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The only reason this is a touchdown (which I do agree) is the chimps in the zebra outfits got the call wrong.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
o.k. gang,
The nfl isn't going to fess up. And they aren't going to pony up either. So it's up to the fans. I for one am not going to not watch the games. Just the opposite. I'll watch and record the advertisers who pay to put this joke of a game on the air. Look for the list of those to boycott right here next week. -- If you pay to advertise on the packers games, you have been warned.

That money is already in the accounts of the league..so boycotting advertisers now wont help

Not buy stuff at games and leaving at half, will do more then your idea

Staff online

Members online