1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bishop Has Arrived In Packers Defense

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Sep 3, 2011.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Mar 6, 2005

This is an excellent article

• Like Like x 1
  2. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Jan 10, 2010
    I know we all watched him in preseason for a couple of years and he was brilliant. The knock on him was that he didn't maintain it when he had a chance to play in the regular season. It's great he took the opportunity and ran with it. I don't think Desmond Bishop's success snuck up on any regular Packer fan.
    And yep, great article LTF. This is the perfect example of the rebuilding of the roster from season to season by TT. Bring these guys along and they flourish when stars go down.
  3. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Feb 22, 2011
    The knock on Bishop was he was not assignment-sure. Both in preseason and when he played in the regular season he would have some great plays. But he’d screw up too. Of course coaches love the big explosive plays but they don’t like the trade off which enables big plays by opponents. Here’s a Capers quote from August of 2010: "With Des, there will be flash plays and then there will be plays where you say, 'He can be a little bit better,' " defensive coordinatorDom Capers said. "That's just kind of where he is right now. We just have to smooth it out to where there's not a lot of bad plays." (I added the emphasis.)