Bills Realease Sam Adams

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No surprise in that release. However if there is no CBA and you may see all of these DT available by the end of the week:

NT Sam Adams -- Buffalo
DT La'Roi Glover -- Dallas
DT Paul Grasmanis -- Philadelphia
DT Brandon Noble -- Washington
NT Seth Payne -- Houston
DT Fred Robbins -- New York Giants
DT Warren Sapp -- Oakland
DT John Thornton -- Cincinnati
DT Gerard Warren -- Denver
DT Ted Washington -- Oakland
DT Jeff Zgonina -- Miami

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
No surprise in that release. However if there is no CBA and you may see all of these DT available by the end of the week

NT Sam Adams -- Buffalo
DT La'Roi Glover -- Dallas
DT Paul Grasmanis -- Philadelphia
DT Brandon Noble -- Washington
NT Seth Payne -- Houston
DT Fred Robbins -- New York Giants
DT Warren Sapp -- Oakland
DT John Thornton -- Cincinnati
DT Gerard Warren -- Denver
DT Ted Washington -- Oakland
DT Jeff Zgonina -- Miami

I don't think Gravy will be in a very good bargaining position.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we dont need a DT.

This is gonna happen all offseason isnt it?

any time a decent FA comes about...we HAVE to get him...and TT will be an idiot for not getting him. sigh..

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we cant get grady for what hes worth i say we try and get rocky bernard. this dude can get us some sacks from up the middle

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
we dont need a DT.

any time a decent FA comes about...we HAVE to get him...and TT will be an idiot for not getting him. sigh..

Hey cheerful! Where in this thread does anyone say any of the above???

Are you hallucinating or just trying to stir up a fight? :?:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its being brought up though. There are going to be a LOT of FA's available...and are we going to name ALL of them?

I would think (this is me though) that we would just name the ones we were interested in, and would make sense to get (like guards,cbs,safeties,lbs, maybe even a de, but NOT dt...at least not yet. If we let grady go..then yes..)

i NEVER try to start fights! .. . . .

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
its being brought up though. There are going to be a LOT of FA's available...and are we going to name ALL of them?

I would think (this is me though) that we would just name the ones we were interested in, and would make sense to get (like guards,cbs,safeties,lbs, maybe even a de, but NOT dt...at least not yet. If we let grady go..then yes..)

i NEVER try to start fights! .. . . .

GRADY is a FA -- he is gone starting on Friday.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The blood bath has already begun...

mike anderson, trevor pryce, jeb putzier, brentson buckner, stephen davis, rod smart, sam adams, damion mcintosh...

Whose next?

Lawyer Milloy...

hear the drip...drip...drip... the Vampires are circling!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT should be getting his checkbook ready if someone lets a good guard (or safety or CB) go.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
of course not, but we need OG help...and we have money to spend...theres almost no reason to not jump on something good if it comes.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh i know I dont know I just want everything to go perfectally right for the packers thsi off season well i always do but no more 4-12 saesons

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many of those guys like Sapp and Adams are washed up. How does this saturate the market when everyone is looking for quality and youth, not grampa wannabe? I don't get it. Where am I going wrong?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad no one suggested signing Adams. I recall how he used the Packers as leverage to screw the Bills. Smart thinking?? Maybe, but he used the Pack like a chump. That I don't forgive.

OP
OP
M

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
BACKIN--PACKIN said:
Many of those guys like Sapp and Adams are washed up. How does this saturate the market when everyone is looking for quality and youth, not grampa wannabe? I don't get it. Where am I going wrong?

Anytime teams have multiple options you could consider it market saturation. If nothing else, it gives teams more bargaining power by hinting they will sign one of the older guys, whether they have any intention of doing so or not. It's also worth noting that Grady could also be considered old and washed up.

Hmm...I guess I do learn a few things in my business classes. Interesting.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
we dont need a DT.

You're right, we don't need a DT, we need a MAMMOTH DT to fill the hole of the departing Grady Jackson.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
of course not, but we need OG help...and we have money to spend...theres almost no reason to not jump on something good if it comes.

AMEN. and if we do it would put a smile on Mr. Favre's face. We need to do it regardless of what he does. Reading the interview JJ did recently which indicated he felt there was more talent on the "O" line than in Atlanta he did make a point that the "G" position needed to be addressed.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mattresell said:
BACKIN--PACKIN said:

Anytime teams have multiple options you could consider it market saturation. If nothing else, it gives teams more bargaining power by hinting they will sign one of the older guys, whether they have any intention of doing so or not. It's also worth noting that Grady could also be considered old and washed up.

Hmm...I guess I do learn a few things in my business classes. Interesting.

Thanks Matt, your answer has some sense to it. But it goes without saying that most teams have an idea what other teams are up to, and what their needs are. Maybe in the financial sense it creates more competition and loweres the asking price, but often times we only see a temporary stop-gap, and sometimes that, with disasterous results. I offer Joe Johnson and Mike Sherman as a paradigm, and a cap involvement that is just now getting cleared up. I don't want to see the Packers go there again for awhile. Experimenting with free agency is dangerous, and TT knows that.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Brenston Buckner, released by the Panthers today. As old as Grady, but I think he's an upgrade, and certainly more durable

I think we need some help at DT.
Colin Cole is GOOD not GREAT. Grady Jackson is a question mark until we sign him, and an even fatter question mark thereafter. I'd like to see him back in Green Bay healthy, but I don't give that too much of a chance. Some games he is dominant, some games he simply gets winded and fades. Cullen Jenkins is a solid interior D-lineman on passing downs. Corey Williams is a decent reserve. Donnell Washington was a bust.

I suggested Ryan Pickett on another thread to be signed as a 3rd DT. Gerard Warren wouldn't be a bad idea either.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow i would love to see us sign Brenston for a year or 2 hes good but if hes that old he will only be good for a year or 2

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts