Bill Parcells to Atlanta???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From kffl

Falcons | Team offering vice president position to Parcells
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:47:57 -0800

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN.com, reports the Atlanta Falcons have offered former Dallas Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells the role of vice president of football operations, according to multiple sources.

Sources said he is giving the offer serious consideration and could make a decision as early as Wednesday, Dec. 19. Parcells would not be the team's next coach, but he would be authorized to hire the Falcons' next head coach, according to sources.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:shock:

Well, at least there trying to get some credibilty for this franchise. Arthur Blank is definitely doing the right thing here.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This would be good for the Falcons. Parcells would almost certainly improve their drafting. He collected the players that are doing so well in Dallas right now.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.

He turned it down.

Jilted them at the alter... :pop:

(How about Parcells taking over Harlan's position?...Too late..though)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
No.

He turned it down.

Jilted them at the alter... :pop:

That smells of McKay not giving all the power to Parcells... Bill wants total control and somehow something made him feel like it was not going to be that way... my guess anyways...

Bill is one of those nomadic type coaches.. doesn't want to stay anywhere to long.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wonder how that happened??

Did Wayne down in Miami hear Bill was going to Atlanta and decided the heck with that we are getting him?

Or was Bill in talks with both at same time?

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
according to mike and mike in the morning this morning, Bill is VERY good friends with Wayne Huizinga and before he pulled thetrigger on the Atlanta job (it did come up awful fast) he called Wayne and told him if he had any interest in sitting down. Wayne got on a plane that day and flew to NJ and they settled on the deal.

Members online

Latest posts