Bijan

Reaction score
In a scenario, where youve traded down to lets say #24 with the Jaguars. Bijan Robinson is sitting there as the clear best player available you think hes gonna be a blue chip perennial all pro type player. Do you take him?
I know it’s a tough call, but unless Bijan slipped to opening of 2nd Round, I’m not going RB.
It would have to be a no brainer. At #40 overall I’d trade up, I’m not completely stupid either.

I took Jahmir Gibbs in an interactive Mock at #68 overall. I did get a #13 for Rodgers there and then traded back slightly with both Day 1’s because Broderick, Paris, Njigba we’re all gone. I picked up like 4 earlier Day 2 selections by selecting at #22 and #29 to start.
I had 4 primary players locked before that #68 overall stab. We had a starting caliber TE, Edge, DT and WR to get things warmed up before close of Round 2.

That said, if Brian took him at #24 in your scenario I’d totally understand. If he feels like he’s our future I get it. Bijan can eat teams alive in both run and pass, he’s that good. Having an explosive Pair of Jones + Robinson would make teams commit to loaded boxes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Wow really, youd pick what you believe to be a lesser player just because youre that against taking a rb in the first round

Thats what they call shooting yourself in the foot

As others have mentioned as well, I don't believe a running back presents the best value in the first round. Robinson might be the best player left on the board once the Packers are on the clock but I would still prefer the team to select a prospect at a more premium position.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many times do fans need to see a team take a RB in the first round, while passing on other positions, and later regret that choice? Drafting a RB in the first two rounds of the draft is a waste of the draft pick. If Bijan falls to the third, sure, draft him, but otherwise give me a player at an impact position that I can't go sign a good free agent for at around $5 million a year. If a team needs a good RB, they can find an average one on the free agent market for about $5 million (Jamaal just signed for $4 million while Fournette cost the Bucs $7 million). Go find me an average starting corner, pass rusher, receiver, etc. that a team can feel comfortable with for that price.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So were talking about what most everyone is saying is a future hall of fame player. Its not just a good or great running back.

I love Aaron Jones but hes really not that good certainly not generational and definitely not fhof. He's never even been an all pro i dont think.

We would not even be having this discussion if it wasnt a almost unanimous consensus that this dude is special

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please define almost unanimous. I have often wondered who 'most everyone" is. Any help there would also be appreciated. Asking for a friend. Thanks in advance.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So were talking about what most everyone is saying is a future hall of fame player. Its not just a good or great running back.

I love Aaron Jones but hes really not that good certainly not generational and definitely not fhof. He's never even been an all pro i dont think.

We would not even be having this discussion if it wasnt a almost unanimous consensus that this dude is special

Special is MASSIVELY different than making a HOF statement to open your post.

I’ve not heard this “future hall of fame talk” at all as claimed.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Special is MASSIVELY different than making a HOF statement to open your post.

I’ve not heard this “future hall of fame talk” at all as claimed.

If hes as good as people are saying hes gonna be all over the media at least...he will be a hofer

Reaction score
For those that say we should just go after the highest graded player at each selection (because they secretly want Bijan ;)) what would happen if that plan resulted in 5 straight CB’s. Should we just keep drafting the best rated player regardless of need? That doesn't sound like a very wise plan of action

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those that say we should just go after the highest graded player at each selection (because they secretly want Bijan ;)) what would happen if that plan resulted in 5 straight CB’s. Should we just keep drafting the best rated player regardless of need? That doesn't sound like a very wise plan of action

I said the goal of the FO should be to aquire blue chip/ all pro players, difference makers.

If Bijan is one of those, you dont pass becas of position. There are not 5 blue chip players available at cb in this years draft.

I dont think anyone is suggesting taking 5 cbs in a row. The point is you jump on any chance you get to add blue chip players to your team

Reaction score
I said the goal of the FO should be to aquire blue chip/ all pro players, difference makers.

If Bijan is one of those, you dont pass becas of position. There are not 5 blue chip players available at cb in this years draft.

I dont think anyone is suggesting taking 5 cbs in a row. The point is you jump on any chance you get to add blue chip players to your team
Ok. So if Bijan is gone and a QB is there at #15 that’s a top 10 consensus selection do you automatically take him?

Is he not blue chip?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Here's a list of running backs selected in the top 10 over the past 20 years. I guess that means there was talk about all of them being special as well.

Cadillac Williams, Cedric Benson, Ronnie Brown, Reggie Bush, Adrian Peterson, Darren McFadden, C.J. Spiller, Trent Richardson, Todd Gurley, Ezekiel Elliott, Christian McCaffrey, Leonard Fournette and Saquan Barkley.

While there's one elite and some very good ones among them none of them hugely contributed to the team drafting them winning a Super Bowl. Actually, Reggie Bush is the only one who won a Lombardi Trophy with the team drafting him but he was the backup to Pierre Thomas with the Saints that year.

Therefore I don't see any value in spending a first rounder on a running back.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. So if Bijan is gone and a QB is there at #15 that’s a top 10 consensus selection do you automatically take him?

Is he not blue chip?

I already said qb and rb are the exception if you already have a blue chip guy and ill add young to that.

Because I was ok with the Love pick...

I would absolutely take a Hendon ****** if he made it to the Packers 2nd round pick. Good insurance and backup...could be flipped for similar value in a couple years

Reaction score
I already said qb and rb are the exception if you already have a blue chip guy and ill add young to that.

Because I was ok with the Love pick...

I would absolutely take a Hendon ****** if he made it to the Packers 2nd round pick. Good insurance and backup...could be flipped for similar value in a couple years
I agree I like that Kid, but id have to have two 2nds for me to ignore another drastically needed position group. Hes not a prolific Passer, but He’s very smart with the ball he doesn’t give his opponent any help whatsoever. He’d be a great QB in the wings. I’d be all over him past the top 63 (2 rounds)

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree I like that Kid, but id have to have two 2nds for me to ignore another drastically needed position group. Hes not a prolific Passer, but He’s very smart with the ball he doesn’t give his opponent any help whatsoever. He’d be a great QB in the wings. I’d be all over him past the top 63 (2 rounds)

Im almost certain the Packers will have 2 if not 3 2nd round picks

Id say theres no way h00ker makes it that far

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope I am wrong, but I just do not see the Jets giving up both of their 2nd rounders (unless the Pack are including more than just Rodgers). Now if you are expecting a trade down or trade up to garner a 3rd 2nd rounder I apologize.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope I am wrong, but I just do not see the Jets giving up both of their 2nd rounders (unless the Pack are including more than just Rodgers). Now if you are expecting a trade down or trade up to garner a 3rd 2nd rounder I apologize.

Nope Im talking Packers get 2 2023 2nds from Jets...with the Rodgers to the 49ers chatter picking up. The writing is on the wall, the Jets have to get this done before the 2nd round. If the 3rd comes. Theres a real possibility that the 49ers offer multiple 2023 3rd round picks. As well as a combination of 2024/2025 1sts and 2nds

Ultimately I think the Packers can squeeze the Jets for both of their 2023 2nd round picks, equivalent to a mid first round pick. Maybe they dont get anything in 2024 but personally id rather have all the draft capital now than wait til the picks are closer to #30 of each round

Could get a player back as well...I prefer its not Corey Davis as while I think hes a decent player. I think he is over priced on his current deal. Id be looking to get edge rusher Jermaine Johnson perhaps

Reaction score
You may be right. I can see one scenario where they’d give the Jets something to think about.

Including our #78 + Aaron.
For
Jets 42,43

That’s a scenario I don’t think NY could walk away from. It’s a meeting at the middle and if they lose him over switching 2nd and 3rd Rounders I think they’ll highly regret that. The Jets need stabs in a “Win Now” and as a 1-time trade partner, we should be willing to work with them (within reason)
That 3rd Rounder hasn’t been super effective for us so maybe it’s an olive Branch to get this contract off our books. This also allows us to ask for that 3rd Rounder back next year such as garnering a Jets 2024 Round 2 player straight up. We’re capitulating some, but here my thought is take advantage of NY draft placing now. Next year they’ll be picking #27 or so

Back on Bijan topic sorry. Had we not reworked Aaron Jones he’d be a viable way to go. Not the case here

Last edited:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't fight me. Jones and Dillon could both be gone next year, Dillon doesn't seem the type to build a run game around and Bijan is being hyped as a generational guy. I'm not convinced there is a WR worth taking in the first as I think JSN will be gone and Gutey probably won't trade up. Bijan is projected to be available at 15 and is probably a top 5 player in this draft if not higher (but obviously devalued as he's an RB hence "falling" in the draft).
Just saying, it wouldn't be crazy to take him to pair with Love while Love begins his career as our starter.
If Bijan is there at our first pick I take him. If not you look 3rd round at Tank Bigsby.

D

Deleted member 6794

Could get a player back as well...I prefer its not Corey Davis as while I think hes a decent player. I think he is over priced on his current deal. Id be looking to get edge rusher Jermaine Johnson perhaps

I don't think the Jets would be interested in trading Johnson. I read somewhere the Packers should ask for safety Jordan Whitehead in return. I think that might be a smart idea.