Biggest Impact For The Packers In 2010?

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bleacher Report has an article on the Packers entitled,

Which Additions Will Make The Biggest Impact For The Packers In 2010?

Which Additions Will Make The Biggest Impact For The Packers In 2010? | Bleacher Report

1. Morgan Burnett (well needed, thank god we got him)
2. Charles Dillon (love this guys potential RB,WR,ST)
3. Andrew Quarless (could make our Passing Game Unstoppable)
4. Chris Bryan (Punter 6'6'' 220 Rugby player, No one will get past him)
5. James Starks (would have been 2nd to 3rd round pick in 2009 draft)
6. Sam Shields (quicker than snot, can get down field fast on kicks)
7. Mike Neal (he's a Monster)
8. Brian Bulaga (Great backup to starter if needed)
9. Pat Lee (hopeful for a good year)
10. Justin Harrell (Everyone's Favorite)

It's a good group of slides on the players.

The article goes on to make the claim " Expect the packers special teams ranking to jump into the top 10 in the league. "

This due to Charles Dillon, Sam Shields, and Derrick Martin kicking some butt when Kicking and Returning, and Chris Bryan coming in to punt.

So for all of you that think our ST is the week part of our game, this writer has some answers for you.

I also like this thought,
" A line of CJ Wilson, Cullen Jenkins, Mike Neal, and Clay Matthews will be able to generate pressure by themselves without Capers having to delve into his bag of tricks."

What do you Think?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised CJ Wilson didn't make the list. Sure he's a 7th rounder but next to Burnett he was statistically the best player we took in the draft.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very optimistic article. I'd really like to believe that's all true. If a lot of that stuff does happen to come to fruition, oh man.... That'd be sweet.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I think Al Harris will shock us all....

4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, it would be shocking for Harris to perform at his previous level. I would be happy with Blackmon or Lee stepping up.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll never see the same Al Harris as we did 3 years ago.
Brother Al was already slow to begin with. And he was slowing down.
He got beaten like a pulp against Plaxico in the 2007 NFCCG, and had lost a step in 2008.
He was still pretty good, with big heart, in 2009 until that bad play vs the 49ers.
Like Robert Brooks (same field, same opponent-49ers), Harris will never regain his form. Sad. I hate ACL tears.

Hoping for Pat Lee to magically stay healthy, and magically learn how to play, is logical. Expecting it is ignorant. Same with Underwood and Traymon. It ain't gonna happen. I know TT and MM would lead us to believe that. But these are the same guys that insisted Al Barbre was ready for primetime last year. As you'll remember, he made Adewale Ogunleye look like Julius Peppers.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
It's a stretch, but I think that Aaron Rodgers guy will have the biggest impact for us this year. :p

Seriously, of that list, I'll take the dude in my signature.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll never see the same Al Harris as we did 3 years ago.
Brother Al was already slow to begin with. And he was slowing down.
He got beaten like a pulp against Plaxico in the 2007 NFCCG, and had lost a step in 2008.
He was still pretty good, with big heart, in 2009 until that bad play vs the 49ers.
Like Robert Brooks (same field, same opponent-49ers), Harris will never regain his form. Sad. I hate ACL tears.

Hoping for Pat Lee to magically stay healthy, and magically learn how to play, is logical. Expecting it is ignorant. Same with Underwood and Traymon. It ain't gonna happen. I know TT and MM would lead us to believe that. But these are the same guys that insisted Al Barbre was ready for primetime last year. As you'll remember, he made Adewale Ogunleye look like Julius Peppers.

I understand that Pat Lee has been hurt basically the entire time, but if he DOES stay healthy, there is no reason to believe he doesn't know how to play. We have no evidence of him not being able to play, and from all accounts during practice he does a great job of making plays, that is why MM was so excited about him last year before he got hurt.

I think the secondary as a whole will be the major difference for us this year. Hopefully this is the year Tramon really starts the shine in the starting role before/if Al gets back healthy and still talented. Plus the additions of Blackmon (who let's be honest isn't the best CB, but he is better than having Bush or Bell out there) and Burnett (and even if he doesn't beat out Bigby, he is still going to have packages where he will be in), and Underwood having another year under his belt (he was just a rookie learning an entirely new defense in the first year of it's installation) he did play good on special teams.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully Pat Lee can have a good year, if he stays healthy I really believe that he can. Harrell, well, I don't need to say anything about him, I hope he suprises the hell outta everyone but I just cant see it happening. Tramon is a pretty good corner, I like him as a corner, but other than that, we do need some help..

OP
OP
olwig420

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no need to lecture you all why we picked who we did in the draft even if you don't agree with it but I can't think of any reason why we did not put as much effort as we could to get the best undrafted CB's available.

Donovan Warren, CB/S, Michigan (signed with Jets)
Devin Ross, CB, Arizona (is with Philadelphia Eagles)
A.J. Jefferson, CB, Fresno State (signed with Cardinals)

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@olwig420-

For starters, how do you know they were the best available? Second, how do you know we didn't make every attempt to sign those guys?

OP
OP
olwig420

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well there are multiple sources that I could quote that say they were the best CBs available. Why would a guy like Donovan Warren not want to try out for a team he might actually have a chance to get playing time on instead of the Jets who have taken every good CB they can get there grubby little hands on in the past few months?

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our pass rush will excel this year, that and hopefully our o-line.

Members online

Latest posts