Bigby Activated

attisal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers have activated S Atari Bigby from the physically unable to perform list.The transaction was announced Saturday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

just saw this.

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers Activate S Bigby

The Green Bay Packers have activated S Atari Bigby from the physically unable to perform list. The transaction was announced Saturday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Fo...

Source: Packers.com

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Bigby is back for the Packers

As the Green Bay Packers prepare for a Sunday night home game against the disintegrating Dallas Cowboys, the Packers are getting back one of their key defensive players.The team has announced that safety Atari Bigby has been activated from the...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess they feel comfortable with the CB's they have... and I guess I can't blame them. Woodson, Tramon and Shields are playing very well right now.

I would just hate for Harris not to get another shot after working so damn hard to come back... If he's placed on IR he can't even practice with the team for the remainder of the year, and he's not exactly a youngin anymore in football years.

If we release him, I'm pretty sure that he would be picked up and given a shot elsewhere, and I would root for him, I would just hate to see him in another uniform.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
You would think if they were going to activate him, today would of been the day. Maybe since next week is a bye , they are just giving him basically 2 more weeks to heal??
Since this game should be an easy one, why risk further injury having him come in to soon??

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would think if they were going to activate him, today would of been the day. Maybe since next week is a bye , they are just giving him basically 2 more weeks to heal??
Since this game should be an easy one, why risk further injury having him come in to soon??

That sounds logical to me regarding Harris, maybe he could use an extra two weeks.

A BIG welcome back to Bigby!!!!!!! It'll be good to see him play!!!

The Wok

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can still activate both Harris and Starks Monday, giving them an extra week of practice before game action.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris ain't going anywhere.
Also, Shields has done a fine job at nickel, so why rush Al back when you can give him 2 more weeks to heal? No reason for that.

Just think though: Our new #4 CB will be a guy that good, compared to a guy like Jarrett Bush last year!

Also, Atari Bigby didn't get the NFL's new memo about the head-hunting hits, so look for him to take Dez Bryant's head off tomorrow first time he comes across the middle.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Assuming the Packers activate Harris on Monday, he’d have the bye week off before getting ready to face the Minnesota Vikings on Nov. 21 at the Metrodome – which defensive coordinator Dom Capers hinted was the timeline for Harris all along.“I think those guys (on the PUP list) competitors. Obviously, they’d like to be out there playing every down,” defensive coordinator Dom Capers said. “I think you’ve got to be smart. These guys haven’t played football for awhile. We’re at a point now where they’ve practiced.“I think they’re right on schedule for what we kind of had planned in terms of bringing them back.”

Reaction score
I don't mind them not putting in harris for this week, but if they let him go and not sign him before Monday I'm going to be mad. Simply because Harris is a better player than bigby.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mixed emotions. I feel bad that Harris because of injury has lost his starting job to Williams. I like the Packer's pass defense, adding a safety gives us more run support than a CB would. Anyway, I'll leave it up to the coaches......if I left it up to my sons it would be Harris.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea it sucks to see he isn't healthy enough yet, maybe he will still be on the team, but 35 years old isn't an attractive age at that position, it's going to be hard to see him go...if he goes

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like all of you, I hope Harris is a Packer next week. But I wonder how effective he is at his age, with an injury that takes most younger players 2 years to recover fully? I'm afraid they may cut him. He's been a great player for us.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we activate Al next week, I would hate to see him go. Sheilds has been playing at a good level though and I would hate to see him lose his in game experience, but at the same time, having a guy like Al back could help him along. I think Tramon came to be such a smart player getting to learn from Al and Woodson.. Hopefully Sheilds can do the same!

Members online

Latest posts