1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bigby Activated

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by attisal, Nov 6, 2010.

1. attisal

attisal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Green Bay Packers have activated S Atari Bigby from the physically unable to perform list.The transaction was announced Saturday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

just saw this.

2. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +53
    Packers Activate S Bigby

Source: Packers.com

3. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +53
    Bigby is back for the Packers

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

4. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Oh snap! Welcome back Atari =D
    Another week for Harris I guess? Maybe?...Hopefully? =\

5. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181
    dont they have to activate al before monday? What the heck is going on with that.

6. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    I guess they feel comfortable with the CB's they have... and I guess I can't blame them. Woodson, Tramon and Shields are playing very well right now.

I would just hate for Harris not to get another shot after working so damn hard to come back... If he's placed on IR he can't even practice with the team for the remainder of the year, and he's not exactly a youngin anymore in football years.

If we release him, I'm pretty sure that he would be picked up and given a shot elsewhere, and I would root for him, I would just hate to see him in another uniform.

7. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    You would think if they were going to activate him, today would of been the day. Maybe since next week is a bye , they are just giving him basically 2 more weeks to heal??
    Since this game should be an easy one, why risk further injury having him come in to soon??

8. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    That sounds logical to me regarding Harris, maybe he could use an extra two weeks.

A BIG welcome back to Bigby!!!!!!! It'll be good to see him play!!!

9. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Harris!!!!!

:_ __ _ (

10. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    AL is one of my favorite players,would hate to see him go.

11. The Wok

The Wok Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    They can still activate both Harris and Starks Monday, giving them an extra week of practice before game action.

12. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Harris ain't going anywhere.
    Also, Shields has done a fine job at nickel, so why rush Al back when you can give him 2 more weeks to heal? No reason for that.

Just think though: Our new #4 CB will be a guy that good, compared to a guy like Jarrett Bush last year!

Also, Atari Bigby didn't get the NFL's new memo about the head-hunting hits, so look for him to take Dez Bryant's head off tomorrow first time he comes across the middle.

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Assuming the Packers activate Harris on Monday, he’d have the bye week off before getting ready to face the Minnesota Vikings on Nov. 21 at the Metrodome – which defensive coordinator Dom Capers hinted was the timeline for Harris all along.“I think those guys (on the PUP list) competitors. Obviously, they’d like to be out there playing every down,” defensive coordinator Dom Capers said. “I think you’ve got to be smart. These guys haven’t played football for awhile. We’re at a point now where they’ve practiced.“I think they’re right on schedule for what we kind of had planned in terms of bringing them back.”

14. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    I don't mind them not putting in harris for this week, but if they let him go and not sign him before Monday I'm going to be mad. Simply because Harris is a better player than bigby.

15. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +133
    Mixed emotions. I feel bad that Harris because of injury has lost his starting job to Williams. I like the Packer's pass defense, adding a safety gives us more run support than a CB would. Anyway, I'll leave it up to the coaches......if I left it up to my sons it would be Harris.

16. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    yea it sucks to see he isn't healthy enough yet, maybe he will still be on the team, but 35 years old isn't an attractive age at that position, it's going to be hard to see him go...if he goes

17. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Like all of you, I hope Harris is a Packer next week. But I wonder how effective he is at his age, with an injury that takes most younger players 2 years to recover fully? I'm afraid they may cut him. He's been a great player for us.

18. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I hope we activate Al next week, I would hate to see him go. Sheilds has been playing at a good level though and I would hate to see him lose his in game experience, but at the same time, having a guy like Al back could help him along. I think Tramon came to be such a smart player getting to learn from Al and Woodson.. Hopefully Sheilds can do the same!