Best hit on sunday!

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to go with Peterson hit on Gay and rolling him up backwards. that was hilarious or The jeff Duggen hit on the ref on Percy Harvin TD run. His head about came off and just seconds earlier that ref flagged him for a BS call so the ref had it coming in my book. I wonder if Duggen gets fined because I have a feeling he didn't try to avoid him. It was hilarious I am just sorry the ref lived to tell about it. NFL will fine him I am sure but maybe that whistle heavy crew will get real and let the players decide the game. To take a TD away after Favre doing his magic is a joke. Duggen for NFC special teams player of the week for that hit alone!:happy0005:

liljohn5115

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to go with Peterson hit on Gay and rolling him up backwards. that was hilarious or The jeff Duggen hit on the ref on Percy Harvin TD run. His head about came off and just seconds earlier that ref flagged him for a BS call so the ref had it coming in my book. I wonder if Duggen gets fined because I have a feeling he didn't try to avoid him. It was hilarious I am just sorry the ref lived to tell about it. NFL will fine him I am sure but maybe that whistle heavy crew will get real and let the players decide the game. To take a TD away after Favre doing his magic is a joke. Duggen for NFC special teams player of the week for that hit alone!:happy0005:

Well I disagree with your position on the ref's hit although it was funny to watch ;). But I must agree, if it wasn't the best it was up there, Peterson completely steam-rolled his ***. I kinda even cheered for a second even though he was on the vikes. I'm a football fan and it was an awesome display of power so I didn't see team for that.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_62tLlpZU]YouTube - Adrian Peterson trucks Steelers William Gay - NFL 10/25/09[/ame]

I agree that was a good run and hit. But you definitely lose me when you said the ref had it coming. He definitely could have avoided the ref or at least tried to jump out of the way. His pursuit of the Steelers player was useless at that point.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
One at a Time. AP's hit was great, like the Al Harris one.

So you think a 300lb dude running down a defenseless old ref from behind is cute? Guess the loss was pretty painful for ya wasn't it? Watching the replay, Dougan did trip/leg whip so it was a good call. Blatant get back hit on the ref. League should fine him and suspend him for a few games.

You don't think other Refs saw that? Just wait till next game and Dougan and co. is flagged for holding on every down. Vikes just pissed off every Ref in the league.

You come across as a real nasty person sometimes Skol Guy.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Yo I agree 100% with ya skol. Call me an @$$ but i luv to see me some refs eating dirt. And I too jumped up cheerin when AP ran down Gay, even though it was for the vikes. That was an amazing play.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, AP's hit was awesome, but did you see that Terrence Newman hit???????
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz9xgOOIjYI"]YouTube - Terence Newman Hits Roddy White[/ame]

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So you think a 300lb dude running down a defenseless old ref from behind is cute? Guess the loss was pretty painful for ya wasn't it? Watching the replay, Dougan did trip/leg whip so it was a good call. Blatant get back hit on the ref. League should fine him and suspend him for a few games.

You don't think other Refs saw that? Just wait till next game and Dougan and co. is flagged for holding on every down. Vikes just pissed off every Ref in the league.

Thats what she said

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I felt pretty bad for the ref.... hit in the back and unprotected. Dirty intentions Skol Guy says... if so then Duggan or whatever deserves a suspension. That was terrible.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
There was also another HUGE hit on Boss from the Giants, can't remember who hit him tho.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AP's hit was stunning since he had just caught the ball and turned to meet Gay, so Gay had all the momentum, but AP just powered through him. And the best part came at the end of the run when the sideline mike caught AP giving up the war whoop after getting tackled. That was cool no matter what team you like.

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I felt pretty bad for the ref.... hit in the back and unprotected. Dirty intentions Skol Guy says... if so then Duggan or whatever deserves a suspension. That was terrible.
i have no idea as they say it is like running with the Bulls. Harvin was crossing the field so hard for me to say as players were changeing directions. I think he will hear from league office anyway

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And we'll still be penalized less than the 3 yr in a row leading penalized team the Green Bay Packers

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

they talked about that on first down today ESPN and all the guys on the board thought the tripping call was a bad call and stated the refs are part of the playing field so not alot can been done. It was a ticky tack foul so I think the espn boys thought he had it coming as well. Childress went to the league office to point out that call so a grievence was filed. So if you think the Vikings are going to get flagged because of that hit i doubt it as all refs are graded for each game. Nobody is going to throw their rep on the line to get back at the vikings.

Members online

Latest posts