Best and Worst Grades - Week 9 vs Chiefs

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As always each week here are the best and worst, personal thoughts or observations of mine will be in first comment.

Best Offensive:
1. LT Elgton Jenkins, 84.9
2. LG Jon Runyan, 80.0
3. TE Marcedes Lewis, 76.0
4. RT Billy Turner, 74.9
5. RB A.J. Dillon, 69.2

Best Defensive:
1. CB Kevin King, 79.2
2. S Darnell Savage, 77.1
3. S Adrian Amos, 70.8
4. OLB Rashan Gary, 68.0
5. OLB Jonathan Garvin, 67.3

Worst Offensive:
1. QB Jordan Love, 30.0
2. RG Royce Newman, 41.9
3. C Lucas Patrick, 56.5
4. TE Josiah Deguara, 58.1
5. WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling, 59.6

Worst Defensive:
1. CB Rasul Douglas, 36.9
2. DL Tyler Lancaster, 41.7
3. DL Kenny Clark, 45.4
4. OLB Whitney Mercilus, 52.8
5. S Henry Black, 53.6

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My observations from the game and the grading.

Love's makes a lot of sense, especially because PFF dings a QB for accuracy issues when they deem passes "turnover worthy". It is a MASSIVE part of the puzzle, but for as much of his accuracy issues were there he still somehow completed 56% of his passes which actually surprised me given some of those easy misses.

I LOVE Royce Newman in run blocking....I DO NOT love Royce Newman in pass protection though. When Bahk is healthy and Jenkins can slide back to LG, I wonder if Runyon will get a shot at RG. Honestly, could we do something unheard of and switch Runyon and Newman depending on drive situation and playcalling LOL? I'm mostly joking but seriously, Newman needs to get better at pass protection.

Lancaster's low grade mildly surprised me, he didn't deserve anything above a 55.0 or so IMO but I'm shocked he was as low as he was. His and Clark and really Mercilus (more worthy with his role) were hit due to PFF really weighting grades on pressures, which NONE did deliver on.

Deguara played well, outside of one pressure he delivered honestly a near 60.0 grade and still was one of the worst 5 - illustrating actually how "efficient" the offense was albeit not good.

Kevin King ladies and gentleman, I said it in the Stud and Duds - this man came to play. One of, if not, his best games as far as run support and in coverage the dude gave up only 21 yards on six targets with one breakup.

Gary and Garvin combined for 7 pressures, Gary had 5 of those and was a beast - run support had a few struggles but strong outings.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sooner Newman and Patrick hits the pines, the better. At best, Newman is erratic in run blocking and his pass blocking is a liability. Patrick has done an ok job, but Myers has his arrow pointing upward and needs to get healthy. Maybe Douglas lit a fire under King but his last 2 games were uncharacteristically good.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sooner Newman and Patrick hits the pines, the better. At best, Newman is erratic in run blocking and his pass blocking is a liability. Patrick has done an ok job, but Myers has his arrow pointing upward and needs to get healthy. Maybe Douglas lit a fire under King but his last 2 games were uncharacteristically good.

King is like I've said a roller coaster no one really desires to ride...but it has had some great moments and some terrible moments, let's just hope this final ride on the King experience stays a good one.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Ah, Tyler Lancaster doing Lancaster things. Had a few solid games this year, but over all has really Fackrelled up more than not.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers will still need either Newman or Runyan to start at right guard once everyone is healthy. I agree that Runyan has performed at a higher level lately though.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts