Bates Gone

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"We're going to get the best defensive coordinator out there that gives us the best chance to win on Sundays," McCarthy said.
I believe you just let the best one leave.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
No, DePack......cronyism is STICKING with your pals when they have PROVEN themsevles UNWORTHY of their posts......or hiring your pals WITHOUT other INTERVIEWS being afforded other CANDIDATES!

Something Sherman did with regularity. Of course ANYBODY is going to hire those they have professional/personal relationships with all other things (qualifications) being equal.

If the distinction is lost to you...well, sorry!

Slowik lasted one year. C'mon digs....as soon as Sherman hired some of these guys the term cronyism was thrown around.

Tell me how Jag is qualified. How about the other guys MM is looking at. You can't have it both ways. I hope they work out, but if Sherman hiring Slowik is "cronyism", then MM hiring Jag and apparently others is also.

The distinction is not lost to me, but selective criticism is.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah...that explains Frank Novak, Tom Rossley and Joe Bonamego....Slowik was SO glaring that MS HAD to remove the stench of his defense from GB.

By your logic, nobody who should dare to move up the coaching chain is worthy as they are not qualified in the increased responsibilities that such a move would demand! So, by that logic, we will have career assistants and coordinators who will never grow within their profession. Hell, man....how the heck are you supposed to grow from french frier to counter service at McDonalds?

As far as Jags...all I know is that he turned around the Atlanta running game almost instantly....which should be a nice complement to McCarthy's QB and passing game instincts.

And perhaps the reason "cronyism" was thrown around so liberally with MS is because he had that reputation early in his tenure and did nothing to dispel it in 6 seasons.

Believe me, if McCarthy pulls the same ****, you will hear the same ****.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
As far as Jags (goes)...all I know is that he turned around the Atlanta running game almost instantly....which should be a nice complement to McCarthy's QB and passing game instincts.

And perhaps the reason "cronyism" was thrown around so liberally with MS is because he had that reputation early in his tenure and did nothing to dispel it in 6 seasons.

Believe me, if McCarthy pulls the same ****, you will hear the same ****.

I would agree, here -- A lot of you posters are forgetting a major issue, with regards to New Orleans and their losing ways - it always starts with Mgmt - if you don't get the backup from Mgmt - (ask Haslet) - then you'll never be a winner. The Saints situation reminds me of a Father's Son running the business into the ground and draining the bank account for his Party stash.... hence the constant losing seasons - once in awhile getting near the top just to refill the piggy bank....

Many's the time when an Assistant Coach was saved from such situations, just to go on to great success elsewhere - causing such Owners to freeze their faces into nasty sneers from then on.... The more I watch this little soap opera play out - the more it looks like we got us something ..... well, I don't know (yet) what definition to give it.... let's just leave it at 'something' .... My ESP does tell me one thing - it's NOT bad.... what's happened so far - and, it stifles the imagination why so many of you have to find fault with it all - you have no idea what's being discussed inside the walls of Lambeau Field. It'd be different if some of you worked there - but none of you do... What say you armchair experts start a thread on the good (positive) things that have happened so far - anyone got the moxie for that?

Give it time....

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DePack...

-Just let him go...

(Like my buddy in my avatar here....HE IS GONE!)

(..and lucky he wasn't ridden out of town on a RAIL!)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's all I ask. It seems to me that MM is putting together his staff the EXACT same way the Sherman did. Hopefully he wins three divisional titles doing it but we'll see.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
You know, it's just been one heartbreak after another since TT has been around. I bet he'll trade the #5 pick for a 6th and 7th round pick and take 2 left tackles.

page 2 is as far as i have to read in this thread. well said gopher, well said.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Apparently, when Sherman chose his friends to work with, it was "cronyism". Now that MM is doing it, it is called "choosing coaches he is comfortable with".

yeah it has nothing to do with the fact that JJ has history with the team. :roll:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts