Badgers beat Purdue in Lafayette!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the Badgers, going into Lafayette and beating Purdue, it's a real program boost. We haven't won a game there, against Purdue, since 2014. Johnny Davis hit for 37 points, and Brad Davidson had 15. They were the only two Badgers in double figures.

What won the game for the Badgers was their tough inside play, and constantly being in the face of their 3-point shooters. Inside, it was a war, and 3 Badgers actually fouled out. But, they did their jobs, keeping the Boilermakers from making easy shots.

Purdue was ranked #3, and Wisconsin #23. This year, the only two losses the Badgers have, Ohio State and Providence, were to top 20 teams. They've also won two games from top 20 teams. This young team has a lot of wins ahead of them beyond this year. It's fun watching them play.

OP
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you missed this last night....well worth a watch!

He was on fire. Had a great night. Five guys hitting double figures. You're tough to beat when you get that kind of a spread.

When I look at where they stand in national rankings on offense and defense, I wonder how they can be playing this well. It won't be long and we'll see how good they really are. They're going into the meat of their conference schedule.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must admit...I thought the UW team would be bottom dwellers..not so. I dont know about sweet 16, but they play hard.

OP
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must admit...I thought the UW team would be bottom dwellers..not so. I dont know about sweet 16, but they play hard.
I'm with you on this. I had no idea they were anywhere near the level they're playing at. I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off the bus.

It's a fun team to watch.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Johnny Davis has been a big part of the surprise success of the Badgers. He was over shadowed by the upper classmates last season and didn't get a ton of minutes. Nobody saw this coming, probably even his coach. I have heard he might be a top 5 pick in the draft.

I think his play is not only attracting a lot of national attention, but on the court as well. Opponents are trying to slow him down and much like Giannis and the Bucks, that's just going to free up other players and make the whole team better as a result.

Badgers are really exciting to watch this year and the MSU game tomorrow should be a fun one between the top 2 teams in the Big10.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmmm...Juwan Howard open hand slap to Frankenhofft....very very classy. Lets all join Bill in singing with the Leeds crowd...:mad::sneaky::roflmao:

OP
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmmm...Juwan Howard open hand slap to Frankenhofft....very very classy. Lets all join Bill in singing with the Leeds crowd...:mad::sneaky::roflmao:
He has to be suspended. Two infractions. Grabbing the front of Gard's shirt was an assault, and the swing at Krabbenhoft was actually battery. My opinion is he should be gone for the year, and let Michigan decide if they want to go beyond that. But, it's up to the NCAA and the Big 10 to do the suspension.

He obviously has some anger issues that need to be addressed.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Classless act for a coach that left starters in down by 15 with a minute to play. He puts full press on and gets PO'd because Gard calls a timeout to explain to his reserves that they have 4 seconds to inbound the ball (under the basket) and get it past half court.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
He pulled this kind of crap a couple of years ago according to ESPN. He and Harbaugh must have a blast at the annual company Christmas party

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
How about this Badger Basketball Team!!? From predictions of being 10th in the Big10 to 1st in the Big10 and 10th in the country! Love this team, they just find ways to win. Different players stepping up in different games. Coach Gard has to be in the conversations for National Coach of the year.

If they win Sunday (VS. Nebraska @ home) and win the Big10 Tourney, at minimum they will be a #2 NCAA Tourney Seed and possibly a #1 in their bracket.

Go Bucky!

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Jonny Davis is the x-factor. Hepburn is the game manager and turning into quite the player himself. Davison is the leader or hype man if you will. I used to dog on Wahl, but I'll admit he is the hustle guy. Does all the dirty work and is great around the rim. Then they have a slew of big men that are almost interchangeable (Crowl, Vogt, Carlson). It's a nice mix of players that could make a deep run. Hopefully they don't run into one of those cinderella teams like they did when Curry was at Davidson.

OP
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jonny Davis is the x-factor. Hepburn is the game manager and turning into quite the player himself. Davison is the leader or hype man if you will. I used to dog on Wahl, but I'll admit he is the hustle guy. Does all the dirty work and is great around the rim. Then they have a slew of big men that are almost interchangeable (Crowl, Vogt, Carlson). It's a nice mix of players that could make a deep run. Hopefully they don't run into one of those cinderella teams like they did when Curry was at Davidson.
I hope they can claim the #2 seed of the NCAA Tournament in Milwaukee. If that happens, they could end up playing two rounds in Milwaukee, and move on to Chicago all the way through until the Final Four, which would leave them in a great position because of fans.

Such an amazing year, no matter how it ends. I'm just amazed at the way these guys have played.

Members online

Latest posts