Anyone know anything about this guy (RB)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
STOP With the we need so and so

NFL Stats: by Team Category

Jackson gets 4.5 per carry, thats more then Chris Johnson Steven Jackson and Ray Rice

Packers get 4.4 per att which is TENTH!

So stop with asking for a new RB

Call for MM to RUN MORE!!! They are 29th in the league in att

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only that, Starks is going to be available shortly and Dimitri Nance is about to get more involved, that screen play that Jared Allen intercepted was a screen pass to Dimitri...so next week against the JETS could see more of him, I really don't think we need more heads at RB, we need some depth in D-LINE or LB, that I would do, check any CFL candidates, I think their season ends in late October, which would be perfect and our BYE would allow a newcomer to get enough reps to contribute as a good back up

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Kool-aid... YUM!

Ok

Say they bring in someone...you name him RIGHT now

How long before the guy has the play book down

How many rushes does he get in next weeks game

There is a reason why Ryan Grant took almost 8 weeks to get a start and why Nance hasnt had to much playing time yet

They need this time like training camp

sure maybe a new guy can go in for 5 plays a game but Jackson is doing FINE not GREAT but lot better then some of you negative nancys say

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was good in college and..... that's pretty much all I know.

I'll play SpartaChris's role here and ask "Why do we need a running back when Jackson played well yesterday?".

LOL! Well played.

I'm of the belief that some of the folks here just won't support Jackson regardless of how well he does. They want someone else, period. Not really sure why...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok

There is a reason why Ryan Grant took almost 8 weeks to get a start and why Nance hasnt had to much playing time yet

sure maybe a new guy can go in for 5 plays a game but Jackson is doing FINE not GREAT but lot better then some of you negative nancys say

You're not gonna be able to use logic here. Some folks are gonna hate Jackson simply because he's not someone else. Jackson's been playing pretty damn well all season long, yet we still get threads like this..

To touch on what someone else said, we need depth at d-line. Not sure the extent of Jenkin's injury, but I don't like having our backup RT playing D-Line. I'd rather we sign folks to help out there than another RB.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to get on the BJAX bus myself, I wasn't at first, but I guess you have to give him some time to get accustomed to a different kind of RB role...let's face it...none of us really know what the deal is more then our HC

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok

Jeesh, so angry.

I'm not saying the Packers bring in anybody or anything. I'm just thoroughly convinced Brandon Jackson isn't anything special. He's "a guy". He's the best the Packers have. He's nothing special. He tries hard, does what he's told and tries to make plays. He's won't be a key kog to a Super Bowl team.

He's "a guy".

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jeesh, so angry.

I'm not saying the Packers bring in anybody or anything. I'm just thoroughly convinced Brandon Jackson isn't anything special. He's "a guy". He's the best the Packers have. He's nothing special. He tries hard, does what he's told and tries to make plays. He's won't be a key kog to a Super Bowl team.

He's "a guy".

I'm not angry?

But you and a few others are fast to say bring in someone..

So I asked you honest questions..But you dont have answers?

Now Jackson is just a guy..Well YEAH, we know that, but he is just a guy that is doing okay!!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not angry?

But you and a few others are fast to say bring in someone..

So I asked you honest questions..But you dont have answers?

Now Jackson is just a guy..Well YEAH, we know that, but he is just a guy that is doing okay!!

Do me a favor and find a post in this thread where I said to bring in somebody... :to_become_senile:

Brandon Jackson is "a guy". He wouldn't start for any other team in the NFL. He's a third down back. Simple as that. "Okay" is good enough to win a division, not a playoff game or Super Bowl.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please dont bring this guy in!!! He was part of the thunder/lightning backfield at Clemson, and was OK nothing special. He is a Kuhn type running back anyway, nothing that we dont have right now. I would rather see what Nance can do before we try to bring in another nobody.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do recall a lot of Falcon fans being excited about NANCE in training camp...everyone else seems to churn RB's out of their rear, WHY CAN'T WE?!?!?!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I do like his SIZE...he appears to have the body of a 1st & 2nd down back

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do me a favor and find a post in this thread where I said to bring in somebody... :to_become_senile:

Brandon Jackson is "a guy". He wouldn't start for any other team in the NFL. He's a third down back. Simple as that. "Okay" is good enough to win a division, not a playoff game or Super Bowl.

Between Barry Sanders and Gale Sayers they won 1 playoff game.

Timmy Smith is a SB legend

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

http://www.packerforum.com/f8/espn-reports-possible-trade-marion-barber-23508-5.html#post301544

That one we know your being sarcastic, I can tell you want someone else

Or this one

http://www.packerforum.com/f8/official-thread-we-need-running-back-now-22855-39.html#post298698

I don't understand why somebody isn't been brought in, but in TT we trust.

Your post reek of sarcasm in that who we have will not work

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
damn good point there IVO....psssst....so did Ryan Grant....i know he's your boy :)

I have mixed feelings on grant but feel he is/was unappreciated. I have been anti hawk but he has been a force this season.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packerforum.com/f8/espn-reports-possible-trade-marion-barber-23508-5.html#post301544

That one we know your being sarcastic, I can tell you want someone else

Or this one

http://www.packerforum.com/f8/official-thread-we-need-running-back-now-22855-39.html#post298698

Your post reek of sarcasm in that who we have will not work

Nice try. Those posts were from weeks ago, before the trading deadline. Circumstances were different then. Packers can't add anybody now. That's why I haven't suggested it in this thread.

When the Packers were 3-1 and Finley, Barnett and Neal were still playing I wanted a proven back. Now, the Packers have "a guy".

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL.....

Technicality you dont want Jackson point blank admit it

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL.....

Technicality you dont want Jackson point blank admit it

Technicality my ***, its the truth. I wanted a proven RB when the Packers still had a Super Bowl team on the field. Check the dates of the posts. I haven't asked for a new RB in over two weeks.

I want Jackson to do what he does best... be a 3rd down back and pick up the blitz.

I do not want him as the every down back

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jackson ran behind the hogs he would look like Barry Sanders.

Lets focus on a pair of tackles instead of a running back.

Ryan Grant did well behind a worse line last year.

Regarding the tackles, Clifton is playing his best in the past three years. Bulaga, the 1st round pick, is starting over Tauscher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts