1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else concerned about Ryan Grant?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Cal2GreenBay, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Cal2GreenBay

Cal2GreenBay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey. Is anyone else concerned about the sophomore year for Ryan Grant as GB's featured back?

Okay...he was a little exposed in the NFC title game as not having short footwork for bad conditions. (not terrible but still some exposure).

ALSO...the rest of the league now has a year's worth of tape on him,
    to now prepare for his running style. Ryan Grant's not gonna sneak
    up on anyone anymore.

2. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What I'm worried about is our O-Line.

We have enough depth at the RB position that if Grant's getting stopped, we can sub him out for a few plays (assuming everyone is healthy).

3. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A little bit but I also think Aaron Rodgers could sneak up on some people and if that happens it will open things up for Ryan Grant. I think he'll be fine.

4. packersfan4life

packersfan4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You know with Aaron Rodgers now the starting QB I wouldn't mind have TT trade up for either Jonathan Stewart or even DMaC. I think the key to this offense is going to be a running game and ARod will be more of a game manager. Just my 2 cents and I do think we need to fix the Oline as well.

5. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Not as concerned as I am about Favre not leading this team next season...ok, just had to throw that in there.

I think Grant will have his work cut out for him now because the defenses will force A-Rod to beat them. Before anyone gets all bent out of shape over that comment, I'm not saying he's not capable. I'm just saying he's "unproven" right now. If Rodgers is the real deal, he'll beat teams by throwing the football. I can see 8-9 in the box real easily next season until A-Rod proves himself.

6. wranglerjeansfan

wranglerjeansfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    grant cruises against 8-9 in the box, remember seahawks and the 62 yarder against dallas and most of his other big runs; when we run the formation with 2 fullbacks there is no stopping us; plus grant showed he was a winner in that game vs the seahawks, coming back after two fumbles in the first two minutes

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm not worried about Grant......the O-line yes, Grant, no.

8. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Who I'm concerned about right now is Koren. He'll be on the hot seat without Favre there to defend him.

9. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Did he have poor footwork in the previous game vs. Seattle in much worse conditions? You just can't run through a hole that is not there. I don't care if you have good footing or not.

I am more concerned about Arod's ability to make plays and read the defenses once they get him on film a few times.

10. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    That's a great point.

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't get it, the O-Line has improved consistently over the last 2 years. Having a top 5 O-line is probably the hardest thing to build.

I'm not worried about either.

12. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Grant also didn't get a lot of carries either.