Anyone else concerned about Ryan Grant?

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey. Is anyone else concerned about the sophomore year for Ryan Grant as GB's featured back?

Okay...he was a little exposed in the NFC title game as not having short footwork for bad conditions. (not terrible but still some exposure).

ALSO...the rest of the league now has a year's worth of tape on him,
to now prepare for his running style. Ryan Grant's not gonna sneak
up on anyone anymore.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I'm worried about is our O-Line.

We have enough depth at the RB position that if Grant's getting stopped, we can sub him out for a few plays (assuming everyone is healthy).

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A little bit but I also think Aaron Rodgers could sneak up on some people and if that happens it will open things up for Ryan Grant. I think he'll be fine.

packersfan4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know with Aaron Rodgers now the starting QB I wouldn't mind have TT trade up for either Jonathan Stewart or even DMaC. I think the key to this offense is going to be a running game and ARod will be more of a game manager. Just my 2 cents and I do think we need to fix the Oline as well.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey. Is anyone else concerned about the sophomore year for Ryan Grant as GB's featured back?

Okay...he was a little exposed in the NFC title game as not having short footwork for bad conditions. (not terrible but still some exposure).

up on anyone anymore.

Not as concerned as I am about Favre not leading this team next season...ok, just had to throw that in there.

I think Grant will have his work cut out for him now because the defenses will force A-Rod to beat them. Before anyone gets all bent out of shape over that comment, I'm not saying he's not capable. I'm just saying he's "unproven" right now. If Rodgers is the real deal, he'll beat teams by throwing the football. I can see 8-9 in the box real easily next season until A-Rod proves himself.

wranglerjeansfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
grant cruises against 8-9 in the box, remember seahawks and the 62 yarder against dallas and most of his other big runs; when we run the formation with 2 fullbacks there is no stopping us; plus grant showed he was a winner in that game vs the seahawks, coming back after two fumbles in the first two minutes

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who I'm concerned about right now is Koren. He'll be on the hot seat without Favre there to defend him.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

up on anyone anymore.

Did he have poor footwork in the previous game vs. Seattle in much worse conditions? You just can't run through a hole that is not there. I don't care if you have good footing or not.

I am more concerned about Arod's ability to make plays and read the defenses once they get him on film a few times.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried about Grant......the O-line yes, Grant, no.

I don't get it, the O-Line has improved consistently over the last 2 years. Having a top 5 O-line is probably the hardest thing to build.

I'm not worried about either.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:

up on anyone anymore.

Did he have poor footwork in the previous game vs. Seattle in much worse conditions? You just can't run through a hole that is not there. I don't care if you have good footing or not.

I am more concerned about Arod's ability to make plays and read the defenses once they get him on film a few times.

Grant also didn't get a lot of carries either.