Another u.k game

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theres gona be another u.k game to be chosen on the super bowl week i hope it goes alot better then the last 1 which i thought was a total joke

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they should stop this out of the United States BS.

I loved the preseason game in mexico the other year.

Those fans were so excited. I dont know why, they might nto have cared, they may have been drunk, but man....excitement through the arena, and that was cool.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think games outside of the US are an interesting idea and would love to see the Packers and Packer fans take over London or Berlin or Frankfurt.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont like the idea the NFL was ment to stay in the USA. You might get more fans which is great the NFL might get more money which is great but its unfair for the teams because they lose home games. Imagine taking a game away from Lambeau!!!!! The players have to travel across seas so it makes it harder and messes up practice and how much time they are going to have between games. The Giants and Dolphins game the field was awful for football players they were falling and couldnt do crap because the field was meant to have soccer played on it.

Coltsgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
I think games outside of the US are an interesting idea and would love to see the Packers and Packer fans take over London or Berlin or Frankfurt.

I would sell my mother to get a ticket to that game :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:

I would sell my mother to get a ticket to that game :D
How much ya want for her??? :lol:
j/k!!! :wink:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
If they add games outside the US, the games should count as away games Period (if that's possible). Don't take home games away from US fans. Also do it with a bye week before so teams have two weeks to travel, and prepare. It's not impossible to have games outside the U.S. that wouldn't put the US fans at a disadvantage.

I'd like to see a Canadian team and Mexican team before they try and expand over to Europe or Japan. I'd love to see an English, German and Japanese team. The japanese have the 2nd largest number of American football teams outside of the US. Japanese have been playing American football since the 30s. Believe it or not and have over 350 teams (schools, and semi-pro). Their world cup team was pretty damn good and almost beat the U.S. team. I was impressed.

I just don't know how teams in Europe could compete with the crazy travel times. Scheduling would be a nightmare plain and simple.

Maybe when they have those space planes that can travel 2 hours from NY to Paris we'll see Japanese/European teams in the NFL.

Beerleader

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know an understand all of your arguments, but when the nfl follows their own plan with "outside us games" , every team would loose 1 homegame in 16 years. i think thats acceptable for us-fans...and the nfl gets the chance making a lot of money outside the usa with new pay-tv contracts.
for example. i just heard (dont nail me if its not for real) that , after the london 2007 game, the british pay-tv got 40% more clients just for nfl. so i think the plan of the nfl just was successfully.

Members online

Latest posts