Another NC poster aboard

faninOz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very disappointed when I heard that the NC site was closing as it has become so special when the real posters were talking about the Packers.

I come from the land Down Under and so rely on the Internet and especially the forums to find out what is happening in Packer land.

I think I will be sticking around this site for awhile even if I don't post all that often.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
faninOz, we sure hope you post your heart out, but you are welcome to lurk in the shadows reading until you feel ready to do so.

Glad to have you on the site!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Faninoz. Welcome to the best Packer Forum, Don't be shy, post when the feeling hits you. We will be gentle on you over here at this Packer Forum. I guess, your an Aussie. We, old Packer fans really like to hear about Packer fans from other counties, how they became Packer Fans etc. and it also means football is catching on everywhere. Green Bay has always felt that football was a great game starting way back in 1919, when the Packers were founded by E.L. "Curly Lambeau. It has always been # 1 in Green Bay. If you ever get a chance come over to the U.S.A and see us in Green Bay. Take in a Packer game at historic Lambeau Field. We will give you a warm & friendly Green Bay Packer Fan welcome. We had Aussie over here last year. He is a football player in Austrialia. I didn't realize that football was played there until the story about him appeared in the Green Bay Press-Gazette . If you have any questions about the Packer Franchise or the City, I will be glad to answer them. I live in DePere, Wi. located 5 miles from Historic Lambeau Field.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome faninOz. I think you will like it here whether you are lurking or posting. It is a good site with a lot of good people.
:welcome:

OP
OP
F

faninOz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do hope to make it to the US again one day.

When I was there in 1979 my only thoughts on American Football was how can anyone play with all that rubbish on and how can you watch a game that goes for over three hours.

Those thoughts changed in 1999 when I was challenged by one of my students to actually watch a game from beginning to end. I did and I was hooked.

The other great thing was that I became a fan of a sport without my big brother forcing me to do so, which is what happened with the two rugby codes and cricket. As he is a sports commentator by profession (and one of the best down here, working for our national broadcaster the ABC) I was really pleased to have done so.

The NC board people also helped as no question was too silly to be answered and I got a real thrill when I actually read one of Bruce's long analytical posts a couple of seasons ago and I didn't need to look up any terms as I actually understood the whole thing. Those people have made watching the game so enjoyable and I think I will find a new home here.

I hope so anyway.

Members online

Latest posts