Am I just paranoid or?...

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it possible that Minnesota has a fairly intimate knowledge of our offense (via Greg Jennings) and defense (via Desmond Bishop)?

The Vikings have gained both our former #1 (arguably #2) receiver AND our former starting MLB. Both of whom were on the Packers last season and both probably still have a good memory of the playbook. I cannot help but think of that back-up QB who was on the Patriots (Huard?) that was formerly a Colt. He was able to recite a BUNCH of Peyton's audibles and the Patriots were never really caught off guard in that AFC championship game. Also, Manning threw 4 INTs in that game IIRC?

Obviously McCarthy, Rodgers, and the rest of the offense will be working on a new audible system. They will more than likely also be working on entirely new plays, or at least changing the name/number of existing plays. We also have a fairly solid run game now in DuJuan Harris (I list him first because he is who we have seen play in the NFL.) and we also added Eddie Lacy and Jonathan Franklin. Maybe that ability to move the ball on the ground will throw opposing defenses off their "pass first" gameplan for us.

Defense I am not so sold on us being able to improve upon so quickly. We still have Dom Capers and we will still be running a 3-4 more than likely. I don't know if Dom has addressed the issue that our defense has faced the last couple seasons, but judging by the past he probably hasn't. This season we face RG3, Kaepernick, AND Vick. All of whom are mobile QBs. Ponder can get loose on occasion too, and will if we give him the space to do so.

All in all I think we will have a better season than the Vikings, and I think that we are the more talented team. However, talent will not always win you the ball game if the opposition knows your every move. I hope I am just looking too far into this and we will end up just fine. I do have GREAT expectation for our running game and we all know that we can throw the ball. I just hope no one knows WHERE we will be throwing the ball.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre could tell the Lions about our offense with spite and malice in mind, and we still stomp the Lions, I can't imagine how this information helps tremendously now. The Vikings still don't have the horses to execute, however, they've stolen some plays out of our GM's playbook. They are drafting well and cutting players (Kluwe) before their contracts hamstring the rest of the team.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Is it possible that Minnesota has a fairly intimate knowledge of our offense (via Greg Jennings) and defense (via Desmond Bishop)?

The Vikings have gained both our former #1 (arguably #2) receiver AND our former starting MLB. Both of whom were on the Packers last season and both probably still have a good memory of the playbook. I cannot help but think of that back-up QB who was on the Patriots (Huard?) that was formerly a Colt. He was able to recite a BUNCH of Peyton's audibles and the Patriots were never really caught off guard in that AFC championship game. Also, Manning threw 4 INTs in that game IIRC?

Obviously McCarthy, Rodgers, and the rest of the offense will be working on a new audible system. They will more than likely also be working on entirely new plays, or at least changing the name/number of existing plays. We also have a fairly solid run game now in DuJuan Harris (I list him first because he is who we have seen play in the NFL.) and we also added Eddie Lacy and Jonathan Franklin. Maybe that ability to move the ball on the ground will throw opposing defenses off their "pass first" gameplan for us.

Defense I am not so sold on us being able to improve upon so quickly. We still have Dom Capers and we will still be running a 3-4 more than likely. I don't know if Dom has addressed the issue that our defense has faced the last couple seasons, but judging by the past he probably hasn't. This season we face RG3, Kaepernick, AND Vick. All of whom are mobile QBs. Ponder can get loose on occasion too, and will if we give him the space to do so.

All in all I think we will have a better season than the Vikings, and I think that we are the more talented team. However, talent will not always win you the ball game if the opposition knows your every move. I hope I am just looking too far into this and we will end up just fine. I do have GREAT expectation for our running game and we all know that we can throw the ball. I just hope no one knows WHERE we will be throwing the ball.
Hopefully to somebody in green and gold !

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think we go 2-0 vs them.
Sharper, Longwell, Ferguson didn't help them much against us.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I used to be paranoid, but now I KNOW everybody is talking about me !!

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your fears will turn out to be unfounded. vikings aren't going anywhere this year.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bottom line is, they are forming their roster with players the Packers cast off. How are they going to overtake with that?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Vikings had intimate knowledge of the Packers defense last year after watching AP run for 400+ yards in two regular season days. I think the knowledge was "run the ball any where".

Members online

Latest posts