All coaching hires

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers: Matt LaFluer. A. Big gamble that I like.

Cardinals: Kingsbury F - failed as a college coach. No pro experience. Thought of as a QB guru.

Broncos: Fangio - B+ love this move because of taking something away from the bears

Buccanears - Bruce Arians D. I dont think very highly of Ariens as a HC. He should have stayed at coordinator level.

Cleveland - Kitchens. B. Well they have a Baker for QB. Dont know very much about him, but the Browns should.

What do you all think?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I probably liked Arians more than you and I give your Kitchens/Baker reference a big Amish "A" with a bunch of +'s

not sure on the Browns hire. Don't really know much about him, but there are bunch of good guys running that program now, so I'd probably feel pretty good about their decision if I was a fan.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw Fangio mentioned, but i guess nothing more than what I was hearing about MaLF before he officially signed last night. Seems like a done deal, but i haven't seen that a contract has been signed yet. I just heard Kitchens on here, and the Amish don't lie.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Arians is a great head coach. Getting him and Bowles is great for Tampa Bay.

I think it was smart of Cleveland to keep Kitchens and have that continuity for Mayfield. He's not tremendously experienced, but it's not unheard of either. His trajectory is similar to Anthony Lynn's.

Fangio... meh. He's a great DC, but they already have a great defense. I don't see what he's going to do to fix what's actually broken in Denver. But I applaud getting him out of the division.

Kingsbury is a huge gamble, but I understand why it happened. President Michael Bidwill has made a mistake in letting Keim stay while Wilkes leaves. It is now known that Keim is on thin ice. Most strong HC candidates aren't going to want the job as there's every chance you could be one and done. So they're going way outside the box and hoping to hit a homerun.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cardinals: Kingsbury F - failed as a college coach. No pro experience. Thought of as a QB guru.

Broncos: Fangio - B+ love this move because of taking something away from the bears

Buccanears - Bruce Arians D. I dont think very highly of Ariens as a HC. He should have stayed at coordinator level.

Cleveland - Kitchens. B. Well they have a Baker for QB. Dont know very much about him, but the Browns should.

What do you all think?

Yeah, I know the Cardinals have a young QB they're trying to develop, and I know his connection to some of the NFL's new star QBs may be why they think he's a good choice. But the man to me is probably in over his head here and I don't see any changes coming at all that will fix the team. They bought into Steve Wilks being a good hire last year, and that was dumb. They're really reaching on this one imo

I think the Broncos made a good move. Guy has led some high quality defenses and definitely seems a better team organizer than Vance Joseph.

I think the Bucs made what should be a good hire on paper, but can he fix what appears to be a broken Jameis Winston? Are the Bucs going to need a new QB soon? Arians is plenty qualified as a HC, but I don't know if he's walking into a very favorable situation.

Cleveland decided to hire in-house probably figuring Gregg Williams wasn't the long term answer and after weighing the other options figured Kitchens was the best choice to continue what works with Mayfield.

Reaction score
I assume he wants the Jets because of Darnold. In the words of Colin Cowturd "Darnold is a thick, trunky coastal kid". He wont rely on running. He will grow up and be a pocket passer. Long story short- a young QB who will keep it simple and stay in the pocket. Simple is what MM does best. Match made in heaven honestly

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Reports are he only wants to go to the Jets. Who knows why
They have their QB for the future, the Bills and Dolphins still haven't found their QBs of the future (I'm not sold on Rosen at all), and Brady is 41 and on the way out sooner than later. And who knows if Belichick will hang around.

A pretty nice situation to be in.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have their QB for the future, the Bills and Dolphins still haven't found their QBs of the future (I'm not sold on Rosen at all), and Brady is 41 and on the way out sooner than later. And who knows if Belichick will hang around.

You calling Josh Allen a bust in Buffalo? Or you forget about him?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers shut him out. The GBP, for cryin' out loud! Obviously a bust.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You are higher on Darnold than me. Watched him a couple times and it seems earlier to call him a qb of the future compared to say Josh Allen

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy puffing his chest and going for the job he wants. Almost makes it seem like other teams didn't want to speak to him. Mike might be better off doing an Arians, take a couple years off... study what the new offenses are doing and come back primed.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Trump seems to think McCarthy and Capers could make the Jets Great Again.

Not The SAMe DARN OLD Jets!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

What do you all think?

Arians did awesome for the Cards his first 3 years and then tanked his last 2. I think it was due to health issues why they fell hard the last 2 years.

Kitchens did well with replacing Todd Haley as Baker mayfield excelled under him. I think kitchens is in over his head though as a HC.

I'm on the neutral side of Kingsberry. The coaches that come up from college dont fair well. I can only think of on that has success and that's Pete Carroll. So its show me what you can do before I jump on the bandwagon.

Dont know much about Fangio but hearing jt might be a good get for the Broncos. We will see.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gase to NYJ. This is TERRIBLE. Now MM will sit out a year and his garbage assistants like Whitt and Lovat have no one to skip town with.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That's a great hire by the Jets. Gase makes offenses better everywhere he goes. He will get Darnold moving in the right direction.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess the rest of the league has seen the same in MM that we have the past 3 years. Old,stale,offenses. Why ruin a up and coming qb with his coaching?

Members online

Latest posts