All coaching hires

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I guess the rest of the league has seen the same in MM that we have the past 3 years. Old,stale,offenses. Why ruin a up and coming qb with his coaching?

For what it's worth, it sounded like he could have had the Arizona job if he wanted it. He decided he wasn't interested.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
With all these apparent HC signings, sounds like Murph and Gute beat the rush and got the guy they wanted in the process. Nothing worse than being slow on the draw, to find out all your targets are gone.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess the rest of the league has seen the same in MM that we have the past 3 years. Old,stale,offenses. Why ruin a up and coming qb with his coaching?

Exactly. McCarthys reputation for years has been his inability to change and adjust accordingly. That seems to be biting him in the ****...I wouldn’t want him anywhere near my offense.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? You think he had a big ego? What have you seen in the past 12 years that makes you think he wasnt humble?

When someone has to refer to themselves in the media as a very successful coach it kinda throws up some red flags for me. If you're good, you don't have to convince people.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zach Taylor to the Bengals. He is off the potential OC list.

Bad hire for a HC. I would want at least 3 or 4 years as an coordinator, even MLF is short here with 2 years. Taylor has some games as an interim ( but that isnt the same thing - you cant install am your system - you have to maintain the existing). He was an OC for 1 year in college

Maybe the thinking is you better grab these up and coming offensive creative guys quickly, even if they are not ready.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When someone has to refer to themselves in the media as a very successful coach it kinda throws up some red flags for me. If you're good, you don't have to convince people.
I never heard that. He seems so humble to me in all of his interviews.

H

HardRightEdge

Cleveland - Kitchens. B. Well they have a Baker for QB.
It makes perfect sense. Given what transpired in KC, it's fair to say Dorsey is one those "I pick the ingredients, you prepare the meal" kind of guys. I guess that makes Mayfield the sous chef baking the breads and deserts. Maybe a souffle.

Last edited by a moderator:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zach Taylor to the Bengals. He is off the potential OC list.

Bad hire for a HC. I would want at least 3 or 4 years as an coordinator, even MLF is short here with 2 years. Taylor has some games as an interim ( but that isnt the same thing - you cant install am your system - you have to maintain the existing). He was an OC for 1 year in college

Maybe the thinking is you better grab these up and coming offensive creative guys quickly, even if they are not ready.

Well, here's the problem for the Bengals. They've been one of the most risk averse franchises in NFL history and have missed out on big opportunities to hire some real coaching geniuses over the years. Marvin Lewis was in town way too damn long and should have been kicked out years ago for mediocrity and all that team did was fail fail fail once they made the playoffs, or fail to make them like these last 3 seasons.

Zac Taylor may be a huge risk, but the only way that team is going to have a shot at finally getting back to winning and getting over the playoff loss hump is to take it. Worst thing they could have done was just bump up Hue Jackson as they were expected to do or bump up some other Marvin staffer to that position and just do the same damn thing over and over again.

Members online

Latest posts