1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Alex Van Pelt OC candidate for Browns

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by captainWIMM, Jan 22, 2014.

1. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,396
    Jason LaCanfora reports that if Mike Pettine will be Browns next head coach, Van Pelt would be high on the list of possible offensive coordinator candidates.

2. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    That is a promotion worth turning down. The Browns are proving this off season that they are a **** show of a front office and their owner should stick to European Futbol.

3. I_am_smoked_cheddar

I_am_smoked_cheddar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    True, but if one were to rise above that handicap and succeed, many more doors could open up . :sneaky:

4. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    I would just be extremely skeptical of an organization that would fire a head coach in less than 12 months, during a rebuild and after trading away their #1 draft pick of a year ago rb and giving him Brandon Weeden as a QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +294
    At this point, I'd have to rank even the useless Jaguars ahead of the Browns and this is sad. I was at the Packers-Browns game this past season and the Browns have some of the best, die-hards fans known around. Those poor people have not only had to watch their former team (Ravens) win two Super Bowls, but also witness the worst ineptitude in every way, from the owners on down to the players. Absolutely an awful, sad travesty.

6. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    2 QB coaches 1 fell swoop.

7. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,375
    Without passing judgement on the Browns or Van Pelt, that's a poor wager in any walk of life if you're not the guy in control.

8. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,375
    Richardson and Weeden were inherited from the Holmgren regime. Dumping Richardson for a 1st. round pick looks like a decent move; he's looking like a bust. Weeden was benched for Hoyer who was playing well until he went out for the year. I can't speak for the coaching situation or what was going on in the clubhouse, but these guys did make some right moves.

9. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Weeden was also benched for Campbell.