1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Al Harris

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by slowsinistermo, Jan 21, 2008.

1. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Omg you did not say bring in pacman. That guys a thug and I dont want anybody like him on our team at all

2. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    *Edited by AADP - removed quoted post.

Giants corners were so good that they limited Driver to only a 90 yard TD pass. Take my advice crackhead. Go back to the slum that you stole the computer you are on and join your mother for another hit on that crack pipe.

3. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Am I alone in thinking we should play more Nickle Package instead of the 4-3 D? I just feel like Poppinga and Barnett, or Barnett and Hawk would provide enough pass rush and the extra secondary help would be a huge benefit. I don't like seeing one-on-one match-ups. ESPECIALLY when we're talking about 6'1 Woodson or Harris against 6'5 Plax.

Or maybe just some more Safety interaction in the coverage game. More double-teams, more zone coverage.

What happened to the incredible physical presence we've come to know and love as Al Harris? 5-yard bump and run, right? Where was the bump?!? All I saw was running! Usually with too much of a cushion, leading to more first downs than I like to see in a game.

4. packer_backer

packer_backer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    harris sucks

5. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    At what point does the head coach or def. coordinator make an adjustment? CLEARLY Al Harris was getting OWNED by Burress.

6. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Seriously. Give the man some help. Switch him off with Bush for a bit. Let him recover. Something. Anything!

7. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bush is awful and he showed that in the Dallas game, he better be gone next year. He would have looked 1304 times worse then Harris on Burress and that saying alot because Al looked bad.

8. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    True... So CB first round? :)

9. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As long as he's not #28.

10. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Next Year

we'll do it....

11. evad04

evad04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Next Year

? I'm confused. What about Al Harris?

12. Defense92

Defense92 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +74
    Re: Next Year

I will pray every day he is a Viking next year. There are only two places for Al Harris in the NFL in the eyes of a Packer fan. He needs to be a Viking, or carrying the jockstrap of the person he should be covering.

13. evad04

evad04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Next Year

Are you kidding me? He had a bad game. He had SEVERAL excellent games this year.

You guys are ridiculous. Call yourselves true fans... don't know a damn thing.

14. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Next Year

Woah, this dude can still play.

The Packers employ bump and run, which requires a CB to have great technique. Having a vet around like Al to learn that technique from isn't a bad thing.

And let's not forget that Al can teach the younger CBs a thing or two about work ethic and taking care of your body.

Oh yeah, on the play before the 1st half ended, where Burress caught the pass that was eventually ruled incomplete, after Burress went down and the ball popped loose, Al had the presence of mind to go and pick it up in case it was a fumble.

Yes I know it was eventually not ruled a fumble, but I bet almost all of us were staring at the ref to get the signal, while Al was aware enough to go after the ball.

You want your young players to learn stuff like that.

That said, Al was terrible today. This might be the start of his decline, or it might be the aberration. Still, I bet you Al would make an excellent nickel back for a few years yet if he isn't starting.

15. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Next Year

Al was burned by burress all night long, but I hope to see him a packer next year

16. packer_backer

packer_backer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

to me harris is nickle, nothing more than that. he is faaaar from shutdown. i dont care what CJ or roy williams said. and about that bump n run, the packers need to drop that ****, its a thing of the past. the nfl wants defenses to be soft, they have all the rules aginst it, illigal contact and hands to the face. if the harris isnt getting burned he's gettin flagged.

17. BlueMoose

BlueMoose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My observation...Harris is great when he's up against someone that he can physically dominate/intimidate. But when he goes up against big, strong WRs like TO or Plaxico, well, you saw what happened there. Oh well.

18. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Oh come on Trom. Yeah he had a bad day and Eli capitalized on it. But geez - unless a Packer ran into the wrong endzone with the ball you just can't blame a loss on one guy.

I just hope the board doesn't have to update the acronymn listing now to include "AH"

19. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Next Year

we will win it with harris next year

20. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Next Year

If anyone should go it should be Bob Sanders.

21. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585

Yeah, those pass interference and illegal contact calls drive me nuts when otherwise it would be 4th down. Ugh.......

22. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Next Year

I still think about what could of been had we recovered that fumble with about 2 mins left or something

23. evad04

evad04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Care to expound?

Hasn't the defense been a STRONG POINT this year? Why, after one bad game, are people so quick to forget that? It's beyond me.

It's one thing to be critical. Heck, let's have a discussion about it. We can talk Bob Sanders strategy. We can break it down. But say he should lose his job? That's unsubstantiated at this point.

24. jbroad70

jbroad70 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

i've always thought that woodson is a much better player than harris. is this not true? why wasn't woodson covering burriss tonight? i think that harris is a good #2 cb and probably has 1 or 2 more years left in him.

25. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I remember Woodson on Burress a few times tonight, and well let's just say Woodson didn't much better than Harris.