1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Al Harris holding out?!?! Skipping camp?!!?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, May 20, 2006.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    our boy Bruce found this one:

Packers | Harris skipping minicamp because of contract Published Sat May 20 12:58:00 a.m. CT 2006
    (KFFL) Jason Wilde, of the Wisconsin State Journal, reports Green Bay Packers CB Al Harris is skipping the team's three-day minicamp because he would like the team to upgrade his contract, according to a team source.
    ---------------------------

I hope this is an error by the Wisconsin State Journal...

:gulp:

2. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol must be a mistake!

(btw why the hell aren't you sleeping tromadz?)

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    (sleep is for the weak)

4. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    and the sane!!! :wink:

as far as the harris thing goes - it better be a rumor!!! :twisted:

5. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There are many Veteran Packers skipping this three day minicamp because it is not manditory. Brett Favre, KBG and others are not there. Al Harris deosn't have to be at this minicamp and he risk no fines etc. for using this occasion to voice his dis satisfaction with his contract if this report is accurate.. So far this is no holdout!!

Al Harris and Donald Driver were one of the few players to have good '05 season. Donald Driver's unhappiness with his contract came out in the the middle of Javon Walker controversy a few weeks ago, Javon Walker said Donald Driver was very un happy with his contract. Presto!! All of sudden Donald Driver got a contract extension and almost $4m more for '06 season.

Now is it any wonder, that all of sudden, this time there is a report, only it is not Javon Walker saying something, but this time it is a sports reporter Jason Wilde. only it is CB Al Harris who is unhappy about his contract.

Should be no surprise this is happening. Will Al Harris succeed like Donald Driver has and recieve hefty raise? Will it work for Al Harris, a CB ,as for WR Driver who had a great '05 season? The next couple of weeks will tell.

But this happens all the time in NFL. the Packers are not the only team, it happens to all NFL teams. That is why are those free agents are out there, looking for the big money contracts because they are not happy with what they are being paid. It is Free agency era in pro football.

6. LambeauEast

LambeauEast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't Harris get a fat new contract when the whole Mckenzie debacle went down?

7. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes he did. I wouldn't over-react, but it is from the WSJ and is it is likely very real that he is grumbling. It was kind of inevitable with the BIG deal thrown at Woodson.

8. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, what a world we have created when there are people unhappy with receiving millions of dollars for something they love to do. Greedy idiots.

These people make more in one week than most people do in one year and that's still not good enough. I'm so sick of hearing about these baby pro athletes that don't make enough money. Self-serving assholes is what they are. :x :x :x

9. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hopefully its a rumor if not JUST PAY HIM

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Me too Rabid! Some of these guys make more in one game then most working people make in 5 years! It makes me sick! They never will have to worry about their future, or their kids futures (if they don't just blow the money).
    Back in the "old days", players played because they loved it. Most had to get SUMMER jobs to make a living. These brats are spoiled!!!

11. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    4PackGirl you dropped this...
    [​IMG]

12. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    where is my greg jennings banner? :p:p

13. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LambeauEast Modified.
    [​IMG]

14. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read in the paper he's not taking part in mini camp because of a a soar back.

15. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Let's see. Go in the direction of the lame hi-jack or the thread's initial post? Decisions...

We'll go with the thread's initial post.

Al Harris was the Donald Driver of the Mike McKenzie saga. Driver got ka-ching after Walker left, just like Al go Ka-ching after McKenzie left.

I'm thinking this is false.

16. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I found it, here ya go Gakk...
    [​IMG]

17. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Should the league do something about these contract re-negotiations? Say worst case, Harris does hold out and not play. It is bs that the packers have had to continually deal with this issue.

18. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I agree 4th. Unfortunatly the NFLPA will not stand for anything that limits the players ability to get more money. :mad:

19. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    OMG - i LOVE it, GP!!! you are THE BEST DUDE!!!!!! :D

20. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I got tired of these guys picking on you about the other one. No problem... :lol:

21. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, they kept saying she had on too many clothes - guess that's NOT a problem anymore, huh??

now we better get back on the topic before we get into trouble!! :)

how the heck is that al harris guy doing anyway???

22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Looks like everyone on the board will have a fancy siggy except me. I guess that will make me stand out in the crowd! :wink:

23. DeusNova

DeusNova Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I will reserve judgment until either Harris or his agent confirm it.

24. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah thats what im doin, like i said..i hope it was an error on the wisconsin journal.

25. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    TOO LATE! 4 packgirl, please report to AADP's mod office for appropriate punishment. :twisted: :wink: Ahem....

:p :lol:

I think perhaps Harris wants more money, specially after the Woodson deal. Unfortunatly, agents don't tend to look at the ACTUAL deal, knowing that Woodson's deal is no more than a 3 year deal worth roughly 5-6 million per year.

If Harris wants more money, I believe he will follow the same path Driver did, and keep it private. Unfortunatly, I am a little concerned now with what is going on with Packer's players thinking they deserve a pay raise. :-?