1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Al Harris holding out?!?! Skipping camp?!!?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, May 20, 2006.

1. LambeauEast

LambeauEast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Kind of off topic here, but thanks so much for the Lambeau sig modification, GP...great job!

2. LambeauEast

LambeauEast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You already did, my friend...you already did. :wink:

3. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    these re-nogotiations are kind of ridiculous. i mean, the guy did get a raise after mckenzie left. we certainly had some money to play with this year, so some guys got good new contracts and some got upgraded contracts. does harris deserve to make lots of money? yes. but play out the contract you have and then deal with it. it just goes back to all those old gripes we all have with players demanding a raise while they still have several years left to play on their existing contract. Driver's deal was an anomoly for the Packers organization, and i really don't expect Harris to get a raise (assuming this report is even true)

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I highly doubt this holds water. Not sure what this means but Harris has been quoted as saying if he was the opposing team he'd throw to him instead of Woodson.

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm 100% sure it's not true. I live in Green Bay and nothing on the news about in sports and believe me if this was true then it'd be on the news. Also he just got a contract a couple years ago.

And we're are all these BS rumors coming from.

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    You got one up on me. I'm in De Pere, also, have heard nothing. Then again I worked ten hours and studied up til now.

7. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packers | A. Harris not holding out
    Sat, 20 May 2006 20:45:09 -0700

Rob Reischel, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers CB Al Harris is not at the team's minicamp this weekend because of his contract. His agent, Jack Bchta, claims Harris is missing minicamp because of his parents. Bechta said that Harris would never consider holding out and added, "If we went to the Packers less than two years into a deal, you know what would happen. They wouldn't even listen to us. Maybe at the end of the year it would be something to explore." Bechta might try to rework Harris' deal near the end of the 2006 season.

8. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont think it is true I saw on the news McCarthy saying it was for family or personal reasons, why he wasnt there.

9. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Oy vey. Not this again.

10. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If Al Harris were holding out he would not show up at team activities and
    would say that his word, given in 2004, is no longer good.