Adrian Peterson signing with saints for 3 million

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good signing by the Pats today. Bills don't match their offer for Gillislee. For a 5th round pick, and $3m+ year, Pats get a good young back.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if the price was 3 million I would have taken a gamble on Peterson just in case he has one more season in him.

I would rather have had RFA Mike Gillislee from the Bills on a 5th round tender. AP doesn't do much for me.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think if the price was 3 million I would have taken a gamble on Peterson just in case he has one more season in him.

Taking a look at the Saints' payroll they would be paying Peterson less than Ingram next season, possibly not even considering him a starting running back.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Saints and Peterson are finalzing a two-year, $7 million with the former Vikings running back.

Interestingly both teams will play each other in week 1.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams say to Peterson, wait until after the draft...... Peterson defies the norm again, and paves the way for a great season. With Bree's, Peterson has a great qb... that's all he really needs imo.

7 for 2 years..... that's like passing on moss. Epic failure on GB managements part.

Oh Yea, I forgot. One of the greatest rbs to ever play the game ,can't run out of the shotgun.... pffffft!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yes, New Orleans is such a model of efficiency in free agency. They're the model franchise in this regard. AP is basically a lock to work out now!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm glad somebody else signed him so people could quit talking about him coming here.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams say to Peterson, wait until after the draft...... Peterson defies the norm again, and paves the way for a great season. With Bree's, Peterson has a great qb... that's all he really needs imo.

7 for 2 years..... that's like passing on moss. Epic failure on GB managements part.

Oh Yea, I forgot. One of the greatest rbs to ever play the game ,can't run out of the shotgun.... pffffft!

AP won't even get the majority of carries in New Orleans. And he is a complete zero in the passing game. He's no longer an impact player.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers put Rodgers into the shotgun on 76% of the team's offensive plays last season. It would have been absolutely stupid to ignore Peterson struggling in that formation.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers put Rodgers into the shotgun on 76% of the team's offensive plays last season. It would have been absolutely stupid to ignore Peterson struggling in that formation.
and the fact that he seemed to struggle from ANY position last year even BEFORE HD got hurt again.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's stupid is ignoring the fact the vikes have terrible qbs during Peterson's career. Defenses respect their pass about as much as they do our run game.
So you take a bad pass blocking oline, and a qb that no defense respects. And then blame Peterson when a draw or delayed hand off doesn't work???
Comparing Peterson's stats out of the shotgun vs what he would see in Greenbay is comparing apples to oranges...

Also, when your qb sucks and there is no respect for the pass attack. It's safer to just hand it off to the stud rb. Where as in Greenbay, the safest place for the ball is in Rodgers hands.... big differences...

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess some people are not big on forgiveness.
If that is directed at me.... my main issue with Petersen is my opinion that he no longer has it... despite Slacker's blind worship, what I saw last year was not a guy that can still be a great running back. As far as "forgiving" him goes, that is a completely different issue. Frankly, while I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it where he is concerned. I watch the game for entertainment and I want to be able to root for the individual as well as the team. If I do not like a particular player for whatever reason... that becomes more difficult. I am not required to "forgive him". Frankly, I will follow my own moral compass and feel no need to justify it. In my personal life, I get along with people just fine which, of course, occasionally require me to forgive some transgression or another. I do not feel the need to extend this courtesy to strangers on the TV screen.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WTF is up with the Patriots. IMO they got two of the best potential RBs in FA this year in Gillslee and Burkhead and I think they were both restricted. I guess that should give us better odds at landing Blount if we want but I wouldn't put anything past BB.

As far as AP I don't think he will be the leading rusher in NO. I think he will be effective in a reduce role but at this point in his career I don't think Ingram will have any problem fending him off. Still its not a bad move by the Saints for an insurance policy. I can't think of a better #2 RB in the league right now even if he is washed up.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
WTF is up with the Patriots. IMO they got two of the best potential RBs in FA this year in Gillslee and Burkhead and I think they were both restricted. I guess that should give us better odds at landing Blount if we want but I wouldn't put anything past BB.

As far as AP I don't think he will be the leading rusher in NO. I think he will be effective in a reduce role but at this point in his career I don't think Ingram will have any problem fending him off. Still its not a bad move by the Saints for an insurance policy. I can't think of a better #2 RB in the league right now even if he is washed up.

Burkhead was no restricted, but he was a good pick up.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that is directed at me.... my main issue with Petersen is my opinion that he no longer has it... despite Slacker's blind worship, what I saw last year was not a guy that can still be a great running back. As far as "forgiving" him goes, that is a completely different issue. Frankly, while I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it where he is concerned. I watch the game for entertainment and I want to be able to root for the individual as well as the team. If I do not like a particular player for whatever reason... that becomes more difficult. I am not required to "forgive him". Frankly, I will follow my own moral compass and feel no need to justify it. In my personal life, I get along with people just fine which, of course, occasionally require me to forgive some transgression or another. I do not feel the need to extend this courtesy to strangers on the TV screen.
Last year Peterson got hurt game 1 or 2.... so this comment/excuse means zilcho to me.
He is one of the best conditioned athletes to ever play the game. He has had 2 out three of the last 3 seasons shortened by injury, and led the league in rushing yards the other....
Blind worship looks a lot like common sense to me....

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted elsewhere.....but rumor is, for what they are worth, is that Blount could be headed to the Giants. Blount was the one FA RB that I would have liked to have seen land in GB, but oh well.....just one more pressing need in Teddy's draft!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year Peterson got hurt game 1 or 2.... so this comment/excuse means zilcho to me.
He is one of the best conditioned athletes to ever play the game. He has had 2 out three of the last 3 seasons shortened by injury, and led the league in rushing yards the other....
and he's not getting any younger. His body is breaking down. They don't make PED's strong enough for him anymore. They're taking their toll anyway. I'll be surprised if he gets to 600-700 yards this year.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol last 2 out of 3 seasons shortened by injury... and you post this in support of him....

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
3 million isnt much but I am not feeling AP this season. His best days are long behind him. Getting a decent RB in the draft or other means would of probably been better in the long run.

Members online

Latest posts