Add any 2 players

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still a few days to kill, and I am tired of going over the same things over and over and over..... so try this for hypothetical/fantasy.

You can magically add ANY 2 players from ANY other team onto the Packers. Right now.
Any positions.

If you don't want to play around with this fantasy topic, that's okay. Plenty of other gameday-related threads.

Which 2 players to you take, thinking those 2 will help this team the most?

Write in any 2 you choose.
I realize there are some Packer fans who really have no idea who someone like Tyron Smith or even Jairus Byrd.

Here's the 2 I'd add:

• ILB Luke Kuechly
  • S Earl Thomas

Why: Besides them being great players -and young, those positions IMO are our biggest weaknesses. We'd turn weaknesses into strengths.
What sucks is Nick Collins and Dezmond Bishop, before catastophic injuries, were strengths.

Close:
DE JJ Watt (he's the best player of the whole bunch, but I think we need more help at S and ILB, plus Capers' system would waste much of Watt's ability)
OLB Aldon Smith/Tamba Hali/Justin HoustonBrian Orakpo/Jerry Hughes
ILB Novorro Bowman
TE Jimmy Graham

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would choose no defensive players for the simple face that 1 all-star defender won't make a huge difference in this game. My picks are easy; Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson. Thank you very much for the first three digit score in the NFL.

H

HardRightEdge

Watt, certainly. I don't think even Capers could keep that light under a basket. I'd take Pat Willis except for age...so Kuechly gets the nod being 6 years younger. I'd have a hard time devoting such a pick to safety no matter how bad we need one.

Some guys you did not mention:

Megatron is the elephant in the corner in this discussion. While we don't need a WR, at least for the next 12 months, it would be hard to pass up that kind of talent with several prime years left.

So, Von Miller smoked a little dope and got caught...three times it would appear. I don't think that would deter me. It's the ACL that knocks Miller off the top of my list.

I like Calais Campbell quite a bit both as a player and as a fit in this D, though Watt gets the nod. Campbell is, and has been for a couple of years, the best defensive player nobody ever talks about.

For a third 3-4 DE, Muhammad Wilkerson would be worth a hard look. Breakout year; only 24 yrs old.

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't necessarily believe the answer to a more stout pass rush is a "bookend". 2010 looked pretty good with Walden/Zombo (the Combo) when they were complemented by Raji when he was worth a d*mn and Cullen Jenkins having a very solid 3-down season. With Raji (FA, dead weight) Pickett (age, knee) and Jolly (neck) having question marks, I think you have to look hard at the DL (which should be a draft priority) despite the fact we need to be better and more physical up the middle (ILB, SS).

Last year at this time I had Shady McCoy, not AP, on a similar list, for his dual threat capability. That appears vindicated, though with Lacy it's not a need position. I continue to maintain the opinion that McCoy is the premier tailback going into next season.

I'd also want to take a hard look at some young LTs though one name does not immediately leap to mind. We're thankful for Bhaktiari as a solution to the "human sieve" problem (Newhouse), but unlike most here I don't see him as a long term solution. A young stud at LT and Bulaga back at RT would jack this offense back to 2011 proficiency or beyond.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

I would choose no defensive players for the simple face that 1 all-star defender won't make a huge difference in this game.

Really? I submit Charles Woodson, circa 2010. You need a straw to stir the drink.

Or how about Reggie White who elevated the franchise?

J.J. Watt is that kind of player even if he's currently forced to wallow in a sea of disfunction.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, obviously you're going to take Kaepernick and Gore. Without those two, SF has no chance.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two players I would add to the Packers:

1. Dan Quinn. He never played in the pros, however, he was an average player in a small college losing program (Salisbury State) . But he turned into a very good DC for the Seattle Seahawks. I would fire Dom and put Dan in charge.

2. Luke Kuechly - Probably the DPOY. He would provide the emotional boost that the defensive side of the ball could use.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would choose no defensive players for the simple face that 1 all-star defender won't make a huge difference in this game. My picks are easy; Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson. Thank you very much for the first three digit score in the NFL.
Our offense is great already.

Fix the defense.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) MLB Luke Kuechley - He's a tackling machine and impact defender. Next to a healthy Clay Matthews, the defense just got a lot stronger.

2) TE Jimmy Graham - Has a team ever had a 100% touchdown percentage in the red zone? Rodgers to Graham would be INSANELY effective.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to agree Earl Thomas and Luke Kuechley would be the ultimate adds right now. If I was to go offense I'd take Alex Mack or Chris Myers at Center and Andrew Whitworth, Nate Solder, or Ryan Clady at Tackle.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gerald McCoy and JJ Watt.

We would most benefit from secondary players (Revis and Eric Berry would dramatically help our team) but McCoy n Watt are just so much better than everyone else and their positions. It wouldnt even be fair.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gerald McCoy and JJ Watt.

We would most benefit from secondary players (Revis and Eric Berry would dramatically help our team) but McCoy n Watt are just so much better than everyone else and their positions. It wouldnt even be fair.
But Capers would just ask them to occupy blockers so that Hawk & Brad Jones can flow to the ball.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Earl Thomas. Just give me him twice.

Seriously though, Justin Smith as the second. Watt and Poe just missed it.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Thomas. Run predator behind him all day.

Whichever OLB that led the nfl in sacks this year.
Our offense is fine, and Joe Thomas isn't even the best.

Someone has said Megatron. We have great WRs. I like Dez Bryant though.

Good call on Dontari Poe Hypon. But again, Capers just wants his DL to occupy blockers and let Hawk and Brad Jones flow to the ball carrier.
That might work great with a pair of great ILBs such as Willis, Bowman, Keuchly.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The MLB mentions above is why I think we need to draft CJ Mosley from Alabama in the 1st round.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Our offense is fine, and Joe Thomas isn't even the best.

Someone has said Megatron. We have great WRs. I like Dez Bryant though.

Good call on Dontari Poe Hypon. But again, Capers just wants his DL to occupy blockers and let Hawk and Brad Jones flow to the ball carrier.
That might work great with a pair of great ILBs such as Willis, Bowman, Keuchly.
We could still use a decent 1 tech in Nickel to push Daniels to his natural 3 tech, and Poe can 2 gap as well as any of our DL not named Pickett. I can deal with keeping Hawk, but Jones lacks instinct.

I can think of several receivers I'd rather have than Bryant. He's the ultimate "athlete." He runs around the football field doing footbally things, but he's anything but a football player.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
The MLB mentions above is why I think we need to draft CJ Mosley from Alabama in the 1st round.
I'd feel a hell of a lot better about Mosley if he wasn't from Saban. His style compares favorably to Sean Lee though, and that makes him terribly attractive.

Members online

Latest posts