A must read article by Tom Andrews on the Packer Report...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The Dolphins were a force with their Marino, The Broncos were a force with their Elway and the Packers will also be a force with their Favre.

There is hope.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He certainly makes many valid points. As I was reading his article I was thinking back to the 1970's and 80's when we spoke very highly of the hopes of many other "no name" players. The bottom line to this game is that you have to draft good players and then you have to have good coaches prepare them and get them better and then you fill in the missing parts with free agency. As I look at this up-coming team, my hope is that so many of these young "no name" players become big name players. Maybe we have a diamond in the rough and we develop a Reggie White type player. The reality however dictates something quite different. This is a team that hasn't drafted very well. Mike Sherman hit on Javon Walker as an example, but there just weren't enough hits and that's why we're looking at Donnel Washington and saying, "wouldn't it be nice if he could find a way to show up on Sunday's and maximize his great potential." The truth is, where in his history has this every happened? We can say the same thing about Hunt..

The one bright light at the end of the tunnel is that I do think Mike Sherman has finally put together a credible coaching staff that might be able to take these very average players Sherman drafted and make them players.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes Packed House I agree with you, Sherman has been a good coach but a lousy GM, he made mistakes in the draft and in free agency and giving huge contracts to players that underperfomed and he hasnt been able to get a good coaching staff, yes big mistakes like Hunt, Carroll, Slowik, etc., that lead us to loosing post season games in Lambeau and to the situation that we now have in our team, but things also look not so bad if you try to be positive Collins adn Hawkins look good, Favre is in very good shape, Cole and Whittiker are surprising the coaches, we have Ferguson, Driver and Walker to catch the ball... We have TT at GM and that leaves Sherman free to do what he does best COACHING, we habe Beightol and Bates and new staff as assistant coaches for our Defense. So id better see the glass half full the only thing is that i would love to get some help for our LB corps in free agency, but TT is not inot free agency a lot and we have cap problems.

I think that we acted right to correct the mistakes made in the past and we are in a very good situation to harvest on what we have been doing right !!!

Hopefully everything pans out the right way !!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Did you hear what they said about the Packers fans on ESPN? They were raving about how its unheard of having a full stadium for a scrimmage and made reference to how the Packers even sell out every PreSeason home game as well.

I thought it was pretty cool. Really shows how great of a fan base the Packers have which I don't really know how anyone would not want to play for a team that has such strong support group. Really made me proud to be a Packer fan.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts