A look to next week

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like how many Giants got injured this game; I'd rather beat them while they're at 100%.

Well, they'll be healthier when we knock them out of the Wildcard playoff game.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the only way the packers are going to establish the running game is by sticking to it and he didn't do that today.
I agree. If we were trailing by 2 touchdowns, then I could understand. But the game was close throughout, and it was pass play after pass play. 42 passes and 17 runs isn't going to win you many games. I think Jackson will do well, but McCarthy didn't give him much of a chance yesterday.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I agree. If we were trailing by 2 touchdowns, then I could understand. But the game was close throughout, and it was pass play after pass play. 42 passes and 17 runs isn't going to win you many games. I think Jackson will do well, but McCarthy didn't give him much of a chance yesterday.

I am sorry... but when the line can't open holes for a couple of yard per carry... when they got yards it was when the whole mob pushed down the field.. you really are hamstrung (not in the Greg Jennings way) to rely on what was gaining yards.. our passing game yesterday was nothing more than a glorified run game... 5 yard pecks at a time.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:

I am sorry... but when the line can't open holes for a couple of yard per carry... when they got yards it was when the whole mob pushed down the field.. you really are hamstrung (not in the Greg Jennings way) to rely on what was gaining yards.. our passing game yesterday was nothing more than a glorified run game... 5 yard peaks at a time.

I agree. Our tackles were getting their butts handed to them out there and it was obvious to MM Clifton nor Tausher was going to get the better of their guy yesterday.

When your physically playing the guy across from you to a draw or occasionally winning that battle theres reason to keep banging away. It was obvious our guys were outmanned yesterday.

We have NY next week and that looks like a great team to get things back on track. I'm not that concerned that the "0" line cannot rebound from a bad game. Taush and Clif play bad once in a blue moon.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:

I am sorry... but when the line can't open holes for a couple of yard per carry... when they got yards it was when the whole mob pushed down the field.. you really are hamstrung (not in the Greg Jennings way) to rely on what was gaining yards.. our passing game yesterday was nothing more than a glorified run game... 5 yard pecks at a time.

The Packers called a run play the first play of the game. It got 2 yards and then McCarthy went away from it. On 3rd an 1 when the team was picking up yardage on the ground (2 carried 9 yards previous 2 plays) McCarthy went for a pass which was incomplete and the Packers had to punt. Why not call the run play and see if they can pickup the 1st down. If so then the morality of Jackson and the offensive line would've definitely went up. The play calling was a disaster against Philly. The holes weren't there but they never really had a good chance either. It was a mixture of play calling and the players as to why the offense struggled so much.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NY is a tough place to play and the Giants are already fighting for their lives, but they are also quite banged up following the Cowboy game last night.

I think a win is definately possible, but GB will have to show more consistency on offense, both running and passing.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers Defense vs. Giants Offense

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Two words -- Eli Manning. Eli isn't very good, or at least doesn't play it. Mobile QBs have given the strong Packers defense problems since the preseason, and it carried over into the regular season a little with McNabb. Well Eli isn't mobile. He's going to be killed. 3 sacks at least before that game is over.

The Giants don't have Tiki Barber anymore, but Brandon Jacobs is a load, and will lay down some lumber, but compared to Westbrook, I think the Packers defense will be relieved for the most part.

Packers Offense vs. Giants Defense

The Packers struggled in week 1. There were many culprits. Favre, Oline, Bubba, Playcalling,etc. Things will improve. They HAVE to. There's no possible way they play this bad again. And oh yeah, Greg Jennings is going to be back. Sorry, Giants.

Packers Special Teams vs. Giants Special Teams

That is all...

Overall, the Giants are not as good as the Eagles. The Packers offense will get better, and the defense and special teams unit will continue its dominance.

[The Giants play tonight on NBC. A chance to see what the Giants have in their aresenal]

Your wrong Manning has that monkey so he will either win or choke im sure of it.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Well one piece of the running game is on the shelf...

JACOBS OUT 3-5 WEEKS

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Giants running back Brandon Jacobs is expected to miss 3-5 weeks with a sprained MCL suffered in Sunday night's loss to the Cowboys.

Jacobs entered the game as the heir to Tiki Barber. With Jacobs out, the rushing duties will fall to Derrick Ward and to Reuben Droughns. Rookie Ahmad Bradshaw also could get some reps.

It remains to be seen whether the Giants try to sign a replacement. Corey Dillon is still available. As is Barber. But Barber made it clear on Sunday night that he sees a return as highly unlikely -- even as John Madden nearly keeled over while guaranteeing that Tiki will be getting a call.

Another potential problem is that the Giants would need to clear a roster spot for any new running back who is signed; as to any player who suffers an in-season injury, the player remains on the roster unless and until he is placed on injured reserve. But if/when a player is placed on injured reserve, he cannot return at all for the balance of the season.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacobs is out?!

That means they're gonna be pretty 1-dimensional (not that it matters, when they run, our big boys up front will stop them anyway).

Oh man....this game is gonna be gross.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacobs is out?!

That means they're gonna be pretty 1-dimensional (not that it matters, when they run, our big boys up front will stop them anyway).

Oh man....this game is gonna be gross.

Like I said before: Our DL will eat their O for lunch. I feel really bad for whoever the QB is, especially if its Lorenzen.

Reaction score
What's interesting to note is that Ryan Grant knows the Giants scheme pretty well, since he was in it for the past 3 years.

I have to think he'll be able to provide our coaches and players with invaluable info on the tendencies of the Giants players.

Hopefully that info translates in to better execution for our O.

favrefourevre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jason Witten / Bubba Franks

Jason Witten was open on play-action across the middle of the field the whole night versus that Giants D. Let's hope the Packers exploit that to death and Bubba can gain some separation from those NY linebackers.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Re: Jason Witten / Bubba Franks

Jason Witten was open on play-action across the middle of the field the whole night versus that Giants D. Let's hope the Packers exploit that to death and Bubba can gain some separation from those NY linebackers.

Well we have to have a little bit of a running game to get the LBers into a read and react mode... even for a split second to allow the TE or hopefully a WR dragging through the short zone behind the LBers and ahead of the safeties... something like Jones was doing in the preseason.. letting him us the skillz in the open field to pick up yardage..

Not being able to run the ball hurt a short passing team like the Packers with young players whom might not get real clean releases off the line. Those LBers you speak of can start to fill those short zones before having to respect the run game.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, I'm going to be at the game Sunday. And the only other time I went to a Packer game they won 52-3, so hopefully the Pack's goodluck charm will come through again with another 52-3.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, I'm going to be at the game Sunday. And the only other time I went to a Packer game they won 52-3, so hopefully the Pack's goodluck charm will come through again with another 52-3.

I doubt it...

I doubt the Giants even score 3 points!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
MidwestFavreFan said:

The Packers called a run play the first play of the game. It got 2 yards and then McCarthy went away from it. On 3rd an 1 when the team was picking up yardage on the ground (2 carried 9 yards previous 2 plays) McCarthy went for a pass which was incomplete and the Packers had to punt. Why not call the run play and see if they can pickup the 1st down. If so then the morality of Jackson and the offensive line would've definitely went up. The play calling was a disaster against Philly. The holes weren't there but they never really had a good chance either. It was a mixture of play calling and the players as to why the offense struggled so much.

MM has no faith in his running attack, i predicted 50 passes i was off by 8. anyone can see, the coach has no confidence in his running attack.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacobs is out, so is their DE Osi? somethingorother, and it is rumored that Eli may be out for an extended period from in injured shoulder sustained in the 2 pt. conversion in the 4th qtr.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Manning will be out for about a month with a separated shoulder. Wow, we should definitely win this game.

Well the big man Jared finally gets his chance to play in NY... maybe he will shut down the PR monster that SUBWAY created with the other Jared.

Remember back in the day when Jason Garrett had to play for Troy boy... we were suppose to win that game too... You never know in this league..

jaybirdknows

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a great opportunity for the Packers. It is an extremely winnable game. However, I think some of the predictions of an easy victory might be a little premature for a team that didn't even score an offensive touchdown this week. I do hope and expect the Packers to win. I am just a little wary of the wounded animal with it's back against the wall. But when all is said and done, our defense should just dominate a team that has lost both it's starting qb and rb.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Pack93z said:
MidwestFavreFan said:

MM has no faith in his running attack, i predicted 50 passes i was off by 8. anyone can see, the coach has no confidence in his running attack.

I completely agree and that's what scares me about McCarthy. I wish he would have a little faith. If he has to be stubborn about running the ball then so be it. Just try and estbalish something. Hopefully the Pack can get out to a big lead and in the 2nd half they try and run the ball. That would be nice to see.

Members online

Latest posts