A look to next week

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers Defense vs. Giants Offense

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Two words -- Eli Manning. Eli isn't very good, or at least doesn't play it. Mobile QBs have given the strong Packers defense problems since the preseason, and it carried over into the regular season a little with McNabb. Well Eli isn't mobile. He's going to be killed. 3 sacks at least before that game is over.

The Giants don't have Tiki Barber anymore, but Brandon Jacobs is a load, and will lay down some lumber, but compared to Westbrook, I think the Packers defense will be relieved for the most part.

Packers Offense vs. Giants Defense

The Packers struggled in week 1. There were many culprits. Favre, Oline, Bubba, Playcalling,etc. Things will improve. They HAVE to. There's no possible way they play this bad again. And oh yeah, Greg Jennings is going to be back. Sorry, Giants.

Packers Special Teams vs. Giants Special Teams

That is all...

Overall, the Giants are not as good as the Eagles. The Packers offense will get better, and the defense and special teams unit will continue its dominance.

[The Giants play tonight on NBC. A chance to see what the Giants have in their aresenal]

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Giants will be horrible this year. We need to get the running game going. Favre shouldn't have to throw the ball 42 times.

*Grossman just through a pick*

Some thoughts after the Eagles game:

1. Our defense is getting confident.
2. Al Harris is tough. (Why is he playing special teams???)
3. Collins and Bigby > Collins and Manuel
4. O-linemen need to be chastised. Brett had no time. B-Jack had no room.
5. McCarthy needs to send the burner(s) deep. Martin can't out run a corner. Jones is better doing crossing routes.
6. We need Vernand Morency back.
7. Kudos to our rookies. Jackson and Jones played about as well as I expected them too. Crosby was awesome.

*Grossman just fumbled.*

For next week:
1. O-linemen need to work on everything. Staying onsides. Pass protection. Opening running lanes.
2. Favre needs to work on his deep balls (which used to be his strong suit.)
3. Defense needs to stay hungry.
4. Jennings and Morency need to get healthy.

If these four things happen. I think Green Bay will have no problem with the Giants.

*Grossman sucks.*

Reaction score
Giants best DE Osi Umenyiora got injured early in the game, and I believe I heard the sideline reporter say he was done for this game and would have further tests tomorrow.

Huge blow for the Giants.

RB Jacobs is a real hard runner. But the Giants D looks weak.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Giants best DE Osi Umenyiora got injured early in the game, and I believe I heard the sideline reporter say he was done for this game and would have further tests tomorrow.

Huge blow for the Giants.

RB Jacobs is a real hard runner. But the Giants D looks weak.
Good! A bad D might just give our O a chance to score!

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli's got over 100 passer rating so far.

He's good. I hope we beat them, but I wouldn't take them lightly.

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check it out, good news for us

JACOBS OUT WITH A SPRAINED KNEE

Andrea Kremer of NBC reports that Giants running back Brandon Jacobs is out for the remainder of Sunday night's game with a sprained knee.

Jacobs will have an MRI on Monday to determine the extent of the injury.

Derrick Ward and Reuben Droughns are carrying the load in Jacobs' absence.

Jacobs, who became a short-yardage touchdown machine last season as the backup to Tiki Barber, is supposed to become the workhorse in 2007. Jacobs' ability to stay healthy was the primary concern; but no one thought that Jacobs would go down so soon.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's something to consider:

1)Road game. Home team gets three points.
2)Giants aren't that good, but have much to prove at home.
3)Run game that floundered in Green Bay could be even worse in New York.
Close game...field goal will win it.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's something to consider:

1)Road game. Home team gets three points.
2)Giants aren't that good, but have much to prove at home.
3)Run game that floundered in Green Bay could be even worse in New York.
Close game...field goal will win it.

I disagree with #3. I think there is only one way to go and that's up. That's how bad I thought it was on Sunday. Hopefully Morency is back and hopefully McCarthy can call more running plays. He seems to not allow the backs to get in a rhythm. By no means am I making excuses but the only way the packers are going to establish the running game is by sticking to it and he didn't do that today.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good pictures and preview.

Packers should destroy the Giants, not just because I hate Eli Manning more than any other player in the NFL, but because like you said, the Giants are nothing compared to the Eagles. They no longer have Tiki and their D isn't nearly as much a pain in the *** as the Eagles D was.

Plus, we'll have Jennings and Morency back. Our 3 WR sets are going to kill them. Hopefully the OL will open up something for our RBs though. Giving credit where it's due, I don't know if it was so much our OL failing or the Eagles D being that good. I think it was the latter.

Reaction score
I think the o-line will be the key.

They barely opened a few running lanes today. B-Jack has the ability to be a starting RB, but he isn't good enough yet to make something out of nothing consistently.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They barely opened a few running lanes today. B-Jack has the ability to be a starting RB, but he isn't good enough yet to make something out of nothing consistently.

It seemed as if the Packers focused so much on picking up the blitz that they really didn't come in prepared to run block. I think the gameplan from the get go was to air it out and if the run game come then let it come. If not then so be it. Hopefully this week, Mike McCarthy focuses more on run blocking.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It seemed as if the Packers focused so much on picking up the blitz that they really didn't come in prepared to run block. I think the gameplan from the get go was to air it out and if the run game come then let it come. If not then so be it. Hopefully this week, Mike McCarthy focuses more on run blocking.

The Cowboys are lighting up the Giants D. I'm not worried. The Eagles are way better than the Giants. Our O will do much better against the Giants and we all know how good our D is.

Morency + BJack will combine for at least 120 yards.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre should have a good game as well. he should get at least 2 td passes. if our o does not do good against the giants i think we will have something to worry about.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning, Umenyoria, AND Jacobs all left the game with no idea when they'll return.

If Eli doesn't play, this could be the Seattle preseason game all over again..

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre could have the biggest passing game of this season against the Giants passing D.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Eli plays next week, he is going to get pummeled. And Yared-Yam, your score prediction looks accurate.

Members online

Latest posts