5th year option pick ups

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah this was scrolling on the bottom of the screen last night on NFL Network. This could mean they don't take a 2nd DB until the 7th round now. Hoping 132 and 140 are edge and DB. Hoping Bellinger is there at 171. If not grab another WR. 7th round another DB, WR and then a LB with ST chops. Hopefully some of the guys I have in the contest.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly if they’d picked up a high safety in the draft I think Savage wasn’t getting picked up….still kinda surprised

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was reported they were going to pick up his option before the draft started.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers exercising the fifth-year option on Gary was a no-brainer. I'm surprised they did it with Savage as well though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It's way too early to make this call on Savage. Back end of last year he looked lost.
I sincerely hope I'm completely wrong about Savage but after last year's showing here is my assessment of him.

Has poor football instincts
Can't tackle
Can't cover TE's
Does not create turnovers

He's everything you don't want in a safety. Needs to be replaced ASAP.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sincerely hope I'm completely wrong about Savage but after last year's showing here is my assessment of him.

Has poor football instincts
Can't tackle
Can't cover TE's
Does not create turnovers

He's everything you don't want in a safety. Needs to be replaced ASAP.
Played pretty well in '19 & '20 (PFF grades over 86 both years), '21 was under a new D coordinator (PFF grade of 59.7) ... hopefully he was thinking too much and instinctively reacting too little. I'm hoping '22 is a more comfortable year for him & we see a return to very good play?

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt they assessed his performance and talked to him and clearly have faith in him still to pick up the 5th year.

Or they are hunted by the Mika fiasco and are overreacting.

Let's wait and see.

Members online

Latest posts