52 different QBs

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Discussing this week's crop of starting QBs on NFLTA - 52 other QBs have started games in the NFL this season. Some teams have had 2 and 3 different starting QBs. 246 consecutive starts just looks that much more amazing.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Discussing this week's crop of starting QBs on NFLTA - 52 other QBs have started games in the NFL this season. Some teams have had 2 and 3 different starting QBs. 246 consecutive starts just looks that much more amazing.

It is probably the most incredible of his stats/records.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's so many of these stas already I don't think anyone truly understands anymore what 246 means.

I understand what the stats mean - we need to thank our lucky stars we were able to witness first hand Brett Favre for 15 years. When he retires, history shows that we may very well be one of the teams searching for some stability and then excellence at this vital position.

OP
OP
P

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is for sure. These days teams are lucky to have the same QB start all of one season let alone for 17 straight. I don't have actual numbers but I don't believe very many if any of Favre's starts were "garbage" - where a coach just put him in to get the start. He played every game until he couldn't walk...

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't mean to belittle the stats but the guy is such an iron man that everytime he starts another game you just figure "well of course he's starting" and don't think that there's actually another option

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is for sure. These days teams are lucky to have the same QB start all of one season let alone for 17 straight. I don't have actual numbers but I don't believe very many if any of Favre's starts were "garbage" - where a coach just put him in to get the start. He played every game until he couldn't walk...

That's true, no garbage starts.

I think I remember Peyton Manning going in, throwing one pass, and sitting the rest of the game a few years back.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:

It is probably the most incredible of his stats/records.

Good point. And as a result of him starting that many games..it has helped set up those other amazing records that he has too! Cant set the records if your not out there playing.

Members online

Latest posts