5 or 6 WR's and who will they be?

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the empahsis placed back on the short passing game - which leads to the bigger hits over the middle - do any of you feel we will be carrying 6 wideouts this year?

My order goes:

1: Driver: obvious
2: Jennings: he is earning it
3: Ferguson: how long must we wait for the potential
4: Gardner: see Fergy
5: Ruvell Martin: Big wideout worth keeping
6: Corey Rodgers: Return man

If we were to only keep 5, I try to sneak Martin to the practice squad, but if the coaches feel Martin would be signed elsewhere, I would cut Gardner.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not been impressed with Martin or Rodgers. What concerns me with Rodgers is that he can't even field a punt! Makes sure hand Chapman look like a genius! Ferguson has looked better this preseason and I hope that Carroll has lit a fire under Gardners ****! For now your 1,2,and 3 are the only sure bets we have.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My order still stands as

Driver/Ferguson
Jennings/Gardner
Rodgers/ possible Martin

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AADP said,
Dak you're right, that is the top 6 IMO. Boerigter is gonna get cut, he hasn't done anything of note

"Except run pass patterns like a Frankenstein," according to Bruce!

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like a frankestein yeah and he is the weakest link on the catching side right?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver
Jennings
Ferguson
Gardner
Rogers
Martin

6 WR's in my opinion will be kept. I think it's between Martin, Boerighter, Lucas, and the new guy for the 6th spot.

I think Martin gets it (pretty good camp so far)

Lucas to practice squad.

Boerighter probably gets cut.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you guys think Gardner gets cut? What is your rationale for this? I don't like him either, but he's clearly outperformed Rodgers and Martin. I'll start believing it when you guys provide some backing.

Seriously, please provide some backing. I want a reason to believe Gardner will be cut, because I don't like him. However, to me, he's obviously #4 right now.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
Why do you guys think Gardner gets cut? What is your rationale for this? I don't like him either, but he's clearly outperformed Rodgers and Martin. I'll start believing it when you guys provide some backing.

Seriously, please provide some backing. I want a reason to believe Gardner will be cut, because I don't like him. However, to me, he's obviously #4 right now.

I completely agree. Gardner pretty much has the #4 spot locked down in my opinion.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Martin and Rodger can fight for spot #5 but I agree with Porky and Kmac you may not like Gardner and he may not be the best but he seems to have #4.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:

My reasoning is; I feel MM wants to go with youth over Gardiner. Gardiner just hasn't done anything. martin is what, 6' 4". So he fits the bill for the MM west coast offence.

Rodgers was a TT & MM draft choice, so i just don't see him being cut. Again, Martin & Rodgers are both basically rookies. Gardiner has been passed around for a reason. Lack of effort, lack of athletisism, whatever the reason gardiner, he just doesn't seem to be making an impression in camp.

martin & rodgers are MM & TT players & Gardiner is left over from Sherman. i feel MM wants to go w/his guys & would rather have rodgers at 4 than gardiner

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
kmac said:

My reasoning is; I feel MM wants to go with youth over Gardiner. Gardiner just hasn't done anything. martin is what, 6' 4". So he fits the bill for the MM west coast offence.

Rodgers was a TT & MM draft choice, so i just don't see him being cut. Again, Martin & Rodgers are both basically rookies. Gardiner has been passed around for a reason. Lack of effort, lack of athletisism, whatever the reason gardiner, he just doesn't seem to be making an impression in camp.

martin & rodgers are MM & TT players & Gardiner is left over from Sherman. i feel MM wants to go w/his guys & would rather have rodgers at 4 than gardiner

McCarthy and Thompson decided to sign Garnder to a 1 year deal this off season. It is very unlikely that they let him go. It was between Boerighter and Gardner for the #4 spot and whoever got beat out would probably be let go in favor of youth. Boerighter is gone too probably clear up a spot for Martin or this new guy they brought in.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
dhpackr said:
kmac said:

McCarthy and Thompson decided to sign Garnder to a 1 year deal this off season. It is very unlikely that they let him go. It was between Boerighter and Gardner for the #4 spot and whoever got beat out would probably be let go in favor of youth. Boerighter is gone too probably clear up a spot for Martin or this new guy they brought in.

Gardiner is a former #1 draft choice. I feel either a guy drafted that high is either a starter, or he just isn't good enough to play. i also feel gardiner can be cut , save us some cap money compared to martin, and the pack maybe able to sign another WRer who is released b/f the season starts. kind of like the packers signed noah heron, but instead a WR. more youth at the position.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as I have said before youth isn't always the best packers need people with expierence people who have done this before, but they also need talent.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:
as I have said before youth isn't always the best packers need people with expierence people who have done this before, but they also need talent.

Experience = Driver, Fergie Bubba, Lee, Green, Davenport
Talent = Driver, Jennings, Green

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
porky88 said:
dhpackr said:
kmac said:

Gardiner is a former #1 draft choice. I feel either a guy drafted that high is either a starter, or he just isn't good enough to play. i also feel gardiner can be cut , save us some cap money compared to martin, and the pack maybe able to sign another WRer who is released b/f the season starts. kind of like the packers signed noah heron, but instead a WR. more youth at the position.

He's on a one year contract. His cap number will be put towards the cap next off season anyways.

Actually pending the signing bonus he receive, GB would save money keeping him for now. They won't take a hit. Cap isn't a problem. We're nearly 8 mil under right now I believe. So the money is all good for now.

I can understand the dissapointment but if something happens too Driver (I hate to say it but hey Walker went down a year ago) then GB would be left with Jennings, Ferguson and Gardner. I'll take that over Jennings, Ferguson, and Martin.

Just my couple cents tho.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
dhpackr said:
porky88 said:
dhpackr said:
kmac said:

He's on a one year contract. His cap number will be put towards the cap next off season anyways.

Actually pending the signing bonus he receive, GB would save money keeping him for now. They won't take a hit. Cap isn't a problem. We're nearly 8 mil under right now I believe. So the money is all good for now.

I can understand the dissapointment but if something happens too Driver (I hate to say it but hey Walker went down a year ago) then GB would be left with Jennings, Ferguson and Gardner. I'll take that over Jennings, Ferguson, and Martin.

Just my couple cents tho.

cool on the 2cents. i just wonder what other WRers will be available come the 1st of Sept.

you're from GB huh?

man i got tore up at the stadium veiw after the ATL game

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
porky88 said:
dhpackr said:
kmac said:

Gardiner is a former #1 draft choice. I feel either a guy drafted that high is either a starter, or he just isn't good enough to play.
I felt that your previous post was logical, and it sounded well-informed, but this is just dumb. Does this mean Joey Harrington isn't fit to be Culpepper's backup? Give me a f*cking break. The best player should play, regardless of where he was drafted. Who cares what some coaches thought of him coming out of college? What matters is how he plays NOW.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
dhpackr said:
porky88 said:
dhpackr said:
kmac said:

Gardiner is a former #1 draft choice. I feel either a guy drafted that high is either a starter, or he just isn't good enough to play.
I felt that your previous post was logical, and it sounded well-informed, but this is just dumb. Does this mean Joey Harrington isn't fit to be Culpepper's backup? Give me a f*cking break. The best player should play, regardless of where he was drafted. Who cares what some coaches thought of him coming out of college? What matters is how he plays NOW.

i'm not talking about a #2 QB, I'm talking about a #4 WRer. if you can't tell the difference, you're dumb. #4 & #5 Wrers are usually young prospects, not washed up, has been, underachieving former #1's that can't play. that's all i'm saying.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I feel either a guy drafted that high is either a starter, or he just isn't good enough to play."

You didn't specify. I assumed you were talking about all 1st round picks.

Members online

Latest posts