1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

5 or 6 WR's and who will they be?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by DakotaT, Aug 22, 2006.

1. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    no i just meant rod gardiner. i just want to say that when this guy came outof college, i was all for GB taking him. he was supposed to be a stud that would go after the ball. i think we took jamall reynolds instead. i was bummed out.

rodgers was a draft choice, so he aint getting cut. here is a link on martin. i like it when he says when a jump ball is thrown, its called a 50/50 ball. but in martins mind it is a 80/20 ball. i just like his size and hands and youthfulness over gardiner.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=486067

2. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Martin has outperformed Gardner by a longshot in practice everyday. In fact his 28 catches in team sessions is tops on the team. Aaron Rodgers loves him and is convinced that he belongs in the NFL saying,

"I'm a big believer in him as a receiver," Rodgers said. "I'd like to see Ruvell make the team; I think he's talented enough. But that's not my decision."

As I pointed out weeks ago -- Rodgers is dropping (pun intended) his way out of the NFL before his career starts.
    [​IMG]
    A rarity for a 4th round draft pick.

3. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    after reading the article from where this picture is from, i see rodgers maybe the first 4th roung pick in 15 yrs not to make the packers roster in his rookie season.

i just thought MM & TT wouldn't cut a draft choice in his rookie yr. but it may happen. Cory better show something these nexy two pre season games or he'll be cut, and gardiner will make the team.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=487045

4. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt Gardner gets cut. He's the only WR besides Driver to have had a 1000 yard season. Don't overlook that.

5. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I started a thread on this a couple of weeks ago and shared this picture and others like it then, it is reprinted with the most recent article on this subject -- within days a couple of article appeared in mainstream press:

[​IMG]

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yep.

now ive spit what ive been drinking TWICE looking at that picture.

hilarious.

7. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think almost no doubt:
    Driver
    Jennings
    Fergison
    Martin
    Gardner

8. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Driver
    Jennings
    Fergie
    Martin
    Gardner

9. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Driver
    Jennings
    Ferguson
    Gardner
    Rogers
    Martin

sounds right to me.

10. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From Packers.com news and notes section. http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2006/08/23/3/

Big finish

Two big pass plays highlighted the end of practice Wednesday.

On the second-to-last play, new receiver Carlton Brewster made a spectacular catch on a long pass. While being covered tightly (and perhaps held) by Ahmad Carroll, Brewster was falling to the ground and hauled in the pass one-handed, an eye-popping play by any standards but especially by a player practicing for only the second time after being acquired via trade with Cleveland on Tuesday.

"He made a nice play today and he's fitting in," McCarthy said of Brewster. "We're going to try to get him some work on special teams on Monday night. He's off to a good start."

Maybe Brewster will be the one athlete where scenerey does change things around. Lord knows we could use a surprise pick up once in a while.

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    haha, possibly held.....lol. Thats funny they would bother to mention that.