1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

49ers Scouting Report from a Niner fan...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Marvin49, Jan 6, 2013.

1. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52
    Excellent post!
    16 games takes its toll on every team. Ironically, you beat us when we were at our healthiest.
    I wish Akers started his slump in week one. That 63 yarder had an effect on the momentum.
    Truthfully, few teams can match up with the talent of the 9ers across the board. How the Rams were the one team to baffle you twice in one season mystifies me. You have Pro Bowlers in the secondary, the LB corp, the DL, the OL, and the backfield. In week one your offensive line blew out our defensive line. And your defensive line blew out our offensive line. That spells defeat in most instances. We made it a game because of a punt return that could have been called back if they had called the right player for a block in the back. Our obvious coaching flaw in week one was that we played Jerrod Bush in our secondary who cannot cover his own grandmother. That has not happened since.
    The way to beat the 9ers is a formula we struggle to achieve. The Giants went in to the Stick and played physical on both sides of the ball the way they played in 2011. But then they have Osi, Tuck, and co. up front. We are built around finesse and speed. So some magic will be needed.

2. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    OK...I'm not sure how many different times or ways I can say this to make it clear....

I'M NOT COMPARING COLIN KAEPERNICK TO AARON RODGERS!!!!!!

READ THE ACTUAL POST BEFORE YOU REPLY.

Aaron Rodgers, in IMO, the best QB in the NFL. I've now said that about 20 times now. If anything, I'm only comparing Kaep to Alex Smith.

3. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Post #29 of yours sure as hells looks to be posted for comparison purposes........tell us again why it wasn't?

Yeah, thought so.

#1 and #2 on your LIST are there for YOUR list in a comparison form......let that kid play an entire season.....

4. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I think your idenity crisis theory is right on the money, it's something I've noticed too.

5. CandlestickBum

CandlestickBum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +23
    One thing that nobody west of the Mississippi noticed this year is that the NFC West went from being the worst division in the NFC (and probably the NFL) to the best. I could not find the end of the regular season stats, so things might have changed, but last I looked they had the best record in the NFL playing teams outside their division.

St. Louis is not quite ready for prime-time, but they have a solid defense and a developing offense. The only team that beat them by more than two scores this season was the Patriots, and they defeated the 49ers, the Seahawks, and Arizona (in the starting weeks before Arizona imploded).

If they were playing in another division, they probably would have a winning record and might have even sneaked into a wildcard spot.

And everything else you said was spot on. St. Louis beat and tied us this season because they played very physically, knocked out our QB, did not give up yards easily, and were prepared to capitalize on every mistake that the 49ers made. To be honest, the team that concerns me the most is Seattle, because they are built like that.

The wild card round of the playoffs went pretty much as everyone expected, which means that the four teams left really are the elite teams, and any of them can beat any other remaining team any given Sunday. That being said, some teams measure up better against other teams.

For instance, I think overall Green Bay is a better team than Seattle, but I am a lot more concerned about Seattle than Green Bay, because they are like the Rams x2. They measure up well against the 49ers for all 4 quarters, but if we can get a good lead at the beginning, I don't see them having much of a chance at a come-back.

Green Bay, on the other hand, is a very different team. The 49ers should be able to get ahead early so long as the defense plays at 90% or better for the first three quarters. The 4th quarter against Green Bay will be dangerous, because with some luck, Rodgers is fully capable of coming back and winning the game, regardless of how far he falls behind. Now will he be able to do it? Probably not. But you can never count out teams like GB and NE in the 4th quarter, because with a little luck, they can move the ball all the way to the end zone in a minute or two, and they are the types of teams best in the position to capitalize on lucky passes.

But overall, I think the 49ers have shown the ability to beat offensively balanced teams like Green Bay a lot more than they have shown the ability to beat defensively balanced teams. Green Bay may be better than Seattle against the average team, but I think Seattle is a far more potent foe against the 49ers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    From that same post BEFORE the stats are listed...

"He is nowhere near Rodgers class right now. I'm not arguing that...but this isn't just some grand experiment. Kaep is both the present and future in SF.

EDIT: I looked it up...actually he is the BEST passer by Comp% of passes over 20 yards. Rodgers is number 2, tho I think he'd be #1 if not for the drops. Thats OK tho, I was never comparing them...I'm simply saying Kaep is better than peeps are giving him credit for."

Is that unclear?

Sometimes actually READING can be informative.

7. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    ^ Sometime READING can be helpful to you too. Let the kid play an ENTIRE season, then compare. less than 1/2 a season a garbage way to compare

8. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    Nice change of topic.

The entire post was in response to someone calling Kaep a "grand experiment". That was the response.

At no point was I comparing Kaep to Rodgers. I was actually more comparing him to Smith...and both had the EXACT same number of attempts this season.

9. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    No topis change for me, again read !!!! I have mentioned that before. AND NOWHERE in that stat list did you mention or have a Alex smith stat included to compare Kap to Smith...LMAO...nice try on your part.

10. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    I don't need to "try" because I already know what I was talking about. I didn't mention Smith by name because I was talking to a previous poster who had essentially stated that the move to Kaep was a mistake and that he was a "grand experiment".

Dude.

You were wrong. Just accept it. You didn't know what you were talking about and now tried to make it about "half a season" BS that had nothing to do with anything I said.

Seriously. Walk away.

11. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    ^ lol....nice try. This is our forum and you are telling me to "walk"...lol...step off your damn self. YOU were WRONG, you did a crap a$$ wannabe comparison and now you are trying to back track.......go away.....go back to your SF forum....you WONT find us there.

Isn't it lunch time out there by you? I'm sure you will feel much better after eating your cali vegan lunch and seaweed salads.....go away, semi-troll.

12. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    R
    ROTFLMAO

I'm not telling you to get off the FORUM. I'm telling you to walk away from THIS CONVERSATION.

Again...Don't need to TRY. I was responding to SOMEONE ELSE. YOU misinterpreted what I was saying. In fact, I even said MYSELF that Rodgers was better and that his numbers would have been better if not for drops.

Ya know what the worst part is tho? The fact that Rodgers was #2 on that list was IRRELEVANT. It wasn't my point...as I stated time and time again. I would have osted that REGARDLESS of who was #2. My point was ONLY that Kaep was #1. It was an argument to refute the "grand experiment" theory.

Its like I'm saying, "Hey, the sky is blue" and you are saying "Yeah, but we don't have that much Jello". I say "I never said we had that much Jello...that had nothing to do with it", and you say "HAAAA...I know you were talking about Jello.....NICE TRY!!!".

This is my last post on this because I'm wasting WAY too much time talking about this dumb crap. I know what I was talking about and whom I was talking to. I know who I believe is better (and he wears a Green Jersey on Sundays).

13. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    okay then.....buh-bye

Ignore button useage incoming....

14. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
  15. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
  16. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    He's our disgruntled Packers.com editor. He hates us, and says you guys play football "the right way" He's been very excited to see our opponents play all year long.

17. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    LOL.

We've got those guys out here too. "Its all about the QB". "It doesn't matter whose behind center, all that matters is the O-Lin and Frank Gore".

18. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Thank God we play 3-4 so he has something good to say about us.

19. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030