1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

49ers fan in peace, Came to ask about Matt Flynn

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by The Jerm, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    one bad game

2. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    As was said before, I think something like a 3rd rounder and a first round swap would probably get it done. What you get with Flynn is a guy with an average arm and above average smarts. He is a student of the game. He also doesn't get rattled easily... ice in his veins. Still a lot of unknown upside with him, but the Patriots game was huge. With good coaching he'll be a player. Moves well in the pocket. Oh yeah, and for the last three seasons, he's been learning by watching the best ;)

3. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    woodchipper. your avatar. perfect woman. absolutely balanced.

4. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    no way. flynn has built quite some hype for himself a la pats game. i see TT developing harrell as backup. if rodgers is out, consider season gone anyways.

5. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    If we don't trade him this offseason, he'll be gone after next year with nothing to show for it. TT won't franchise him. They'd have to pay him the average of the top 5 salaries for QBs. Not gonna happen. TT will likely draft a QB in the 5-7 round somewhere.

6. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Not necessarily, I think the Packers go one more preseason before trading Flynn. Here's the rationale, they have to see how well Graham Harrell or some other QB that they bring in via FA or draft performs in order to be safe with letting them become the No. 2 QB. Then they'll entertain trade offers for Flynn, the reason why teams won't be so hesitant to wait till Flynn hits FA is the fear that the packers may actually hammer out a deal before the season ends, not likely but very possible. Seeing as how TT has gotten a handful of deals done this season, other teams would be scared into thinking that Flynn may not even hit the open market at all...

7. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    I would like to see Flynn stay another year but if we can get a second or first round draft pick we should take it. Just because we need to get something for him. It is nice to have some depth at QB for sure though.

8. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    Go Packers

9. Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Rodgers2Finley4TDs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Matt Flynn is awesome. I don't wanna trade him at all unless the offer blows us away. I don't think I've heard anything officially about him being on the trade block.

10. The Jerm

The Jerm Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I haven't either and without a CBA there can't be any word about him being on the block but I was just wondering what you guys thought about possibly trading him and how well he's performed in preseasons and OTA's.

11. dobolina

dobolina Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The Pack shouldn't trade Flynn for anything less than a 2nd round pick. He's more valuable to them as a backup next season than a third round pick is.

12. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    woo hoo

13. Krymestone

Krymestone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    flynn was OK; probably one of the better qb's we've had at LSU in my memory.

if i'm the 9ers i'd take anybody at QB at this point. be done with The Smiths. "let me, let me get what i want"..