3rd rounder for Boldin?

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cards are asking a 3rd round pick for Anquan. Would you make the move? I know we don't need a WR, but would love to see Double D, Jennings, Boldin and Finley line up, plus I don't want him signing with da bares or biqueens.

:viksux:

:chisux:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where did you hear this?

I'd do it. I know we don't need more receivers, and that we could get a very good player with the 3rd, but Boldin IMHO is a 1st round talent.

Plus he's terrific at blocking, which would help us.

The only problem is his injury history...

OP
OP
Ghost of Billy Mays

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reported it earlier. He also points out, and I agree, the problem will be the price that comes with signing Boldin long term. But I'd still love to have him.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'd give Arizona a third rounder and then turn around and put him right back on the market for a second or first rounder.

Seriously.

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where did you hear this?

I'd do it. I know we don't need more receivers, and that we could get a very good player with the 3rd, but Boldin IMHO is a 1st round talent.

Plus he's terrific at blocking, which would help us.

The only problem is his injury history...

He is injury prone but man when it comes to tough SoBs he is definatley up there. I would love to see him play for Green Bay!!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
If this is true, how is he not in Chicago already? They desperately need a receiver, this is a great receiver at an incredibly low price. If he isn't a Bear, someone in Chicago needs to be thrown off a bridge into the weird green St. *****'s Day river of theirs.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just doesnt sound right to me unless he wants out of arizona but you would think they would ask for more then that. he would look really good in green & gold

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing is, he didn't play the last 2 postseasons. And they did fine.

I believe that's why the price is low. He really wants out, nobody's paying what they wanted, and they did fine without him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wants to be paid more than any other receiver we have, and as far as chemistry there is nothing worse for a team. We cant afford him. Spending that much money on another receiver is ludicrous. It would neglect so many other spots on the field. A new contract and a 3rd pick is pretty high to most teams. I know there is no cap this year but no one knows if there will be one in the future and if it will be retroactive. Will not happen.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Free agency doesn't open until tonight at midnight EST, so that's why he's not a Bear yet. I'm willing to bet they take him though. For them to trade for Brandon Marshall would take a miraculous, complicated trade. Boldin can be quite talented and would be an upgrade to their receiving corps.

Although I obviously have no idea who else they might be going after. Their defense needs help as well, so who knows..

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think Nelson and Jones deserve a shot and Boldin will require a decent amount of money, so I would say no. Allocate the money to other player. Pack have alot of holes, WR not one of them. Boldin would be a #3 option on this team. I would ship him off for a second round pick on draft day if they used a third rounder.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts