2nd round pick for Surtain

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miami is asking for a 2nd round pick for CB Patrick Surtain. I think the Packers should seriously consider this. It would upgrade our defense, not to mention Surtain played under Jim Bates in Miami. Thoughts?

source: blocksports.com

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sad fact is..... how much would it take to put him in Green and Gold?? Money talks in this day and age and the pack has little to spare. Would be a real solid addition if we could swing it.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he already stated that he doesn't want to play in GB or Minnesota. I think it has to with the bad weather or maybe the horrible defenses :). Even if Bates was his old coach, I believe he stated clearly that he didn't want to play here.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Surtain's cap number is very close to what Sharper's contract was? Even though he's injury free and has a lot left in the tank, I think making a play for Jason Taylor would have more impact for our Def. For a pass rushing DE, Taylor does a very good job playing the run as well; he would provide Def. help on both fronts whereas Surtain is mostly a cover CB. Taylor would be nice; it might only take a 2nd rd pick to get him, but I don't think GB could fit him under the salary cap?

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's the weather why would he be willing to play in New England,Philly,NY, Buffalo, Clevland etc since they also have cold weather. Also the Queens are in a dome. Could it be he didn't want to play for those 2 coaches?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If the Packers can con him into a visit, I bet he would sign. GB has one of the finest facilities in the NFL. Plus we have fat chicks and brats!

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait i dont get it....... where did Surtain say he did not want to play with Minny or Green Bay at all?
:-?
Because on www.kffl.com it says the Vikings are possible suitors for acquiring Surtain in a trade.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Surtain has stated from the beginning that he was not interested in going to GB or Minnesota so I doubt he would even give us a look like it or not our D is a long way away from being Super Bowl caliber.

LOREN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i take this deal in one second

he automaticaly becomes the packers best player on defense---period

and at the spot where they are most in need

look at the receivers the other central teams have added this off season, and the vikings may end up with a great one, and the bears will most likely add edwards or williams, after getting mushey already

gbay covered no one last year at all--play the indy tape boys and girls

loren

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It'd be great if it's workable. We need veteran leadership and Pro Bowl caliber of play.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOREN said:
gbay covered no one last year at all--play the indy tape boys and girls

loren

yeah...like thats the only game we got torched in. heh.

everybody here is aware of our special-ed cover schemes, so im willing to bet our front office is as well. the fact is, if we had money to throw at a high profile free agent we would have done it already.

LOREN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
arrowgargantuan said:
LOREN said:
gbay covered no one last year at all--play the indy tape boys and girls!
Loren
"Yeah...like thats the only game we got torched in.. heh.

I'll second that AG....

Question for Loren - Were you "at" the Colts game?

no i wasnt at the colts game , it came in real sweet on my sat dish

so gbay didnt get torched in the secondary last year??

i seem to remember a playoff game where a ceratin team scored on like 3 straight plays

just in case someone asks for some numbers

heres some from 2004

gbay --- a nfl worst 33 tds allowed from passing

gbay -- only 4 teams in the nfl had a worse yards per pass attempts average than gbay did at 7.1 yars per attempt

gbay---a league worst in number of pass interceptions 8 team total and even less for the secondary

and even more scarey, only 2 iinterceptions from 2004 are on the gbay secondary roster at this minute

i dont understand why it would matter if i was at the colts game last year, how ever a good question may be, did anyone who thinks the packers secondary wasnt very poor last year, even own a tv set

loren

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THANKS GUYS -- I got this one.... IF I'm leadin' a 400 Member Club - I think Loren can sit back and watch a few fireworks with breakin' his elbows pattin' himself on the back all the time.

IF YOU'D CARE TO HAVE ATTENDED - WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE SEEN?

Numbah One _ I could have made sure you were sittin' in privileged Company
I purchased over 430 tickets ($40,000) for a few close friends to attend with me.
I threw one whale of a tailgate party which the Colts Thunder Crew are still peeeooo'd about!
We have over 6 barrels of beer & 1500 brats and about 800 pals (Cheeseheads) showed up!
So ya-hey... I think I know a llittle about what I'm doin' and why I'm askin some very specific Q's !
You would] have been very welcome in our crowd.. ya see, it's like this ---

OUR MOTTO (If you'd care to have taken a gander at our web site)

"There's always room for one more Packer Fan!"

Other than that - we all know about the stats - guys are always quotin' STATS...
BUT IF YOU'D ACTUALLY BEEN.... at the game.....

You would have heard almost 30,000 Cheeseheads shoutin' (our fav phrase)
You would have heard us "drowning out" the Colts fans with our CHANT!

You would have had probably one of the most memorable times ever....
(Seein' as how it's ONLY Lambeau Midwest & not Lambeau Field... just the same)

In the second half - The Pack came back - it was "vintage" Brett Favre - Hands down, it was!
We were within 7pts and the whole DOME was so silent (except for us, of course) that you could hear ponies fartin'!

You would have seen the FEAR in the Colts fans eyes.. as we were actually on the tying score run,, and about midfield when, even though (I think) Driver was already down, they still called it a fair stripping of the ball... and that ended our chances to make these Eagles wannabe fans, called Colts fans... know exactly what it would have meant to be beaten by the Packers and namely Brett Favre - WE ALL KNOW Brett felt he owed them that,, in the Dome - You know it - I know it!
(If you check yer STATS, you'd see the Colts came to Lambeau and had their hat handed to 'em)

Had Driver been able to hang onto the ball - we would have certainly tied the game and what's more our D was on a roll and had shut out the Colts almost ALL of the second half up to that point....

SO YEA - speak stats all day... but BEING AT THAT GAME... would have you speakin' a different story.. hands down!

EVERY PACKERFAN THERE... was proud of the brave fight the Pack put on...
And that's despite, being poor on Defense - the PACKERS had waaaay more heart in that game than the Colts did..... and you could see it in the Fans eyes and hear it in our CHANT... GO PACK GO... bein' heard over and above the Announcer's in the booth - Every person I talked to after the game said so... Colts fans, that is!

In this Forum - we're not hear to outdo each other - go do that in the other Department in this Hangout - I'm quite sure a few Vikings fans would luv to chatter that type of talk with ya! (Right Vikes?) But watch yer *** - You may find yerself with a new one when they git dun wichya!

GO PACKERS / Go IndyPackerBackers / Hey, What about that now? (VL)

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to pick as unimportant details, but it was Walker that lost the "fumble". I remember thinking that it was an unfortunate ending to his coming out party.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts