2024 Round 5, pick 169 (compensatory): Kitan Oladapo, S

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Why He Will Succeed: Oladapo will establish himself as core ST player and thereby get active on gamedays. He will then be used in specific circumstances that play to his strengths as a box safety, acting as an enforcer in the run game and across the middle of the field in the passing game. He won't get exposed in more difficult coverage situations because he won't be asked to play them.

Why He Would Fail: If they try to make Oladapo a full-time starting safety, it's hard to see how it would work. Even in a defense that uses a lot of true free/strong concepts, it's hard to see how he could handle the coverage.

My Guess: I think Oladapo will be much like Hopper-- a core ST player who has a specific role on defense but never becomes a full time player.

Upside Comp: I suppose there's a world where Oladapo is so good in the box that he becomes a SS/Dime linebacker who is somewhere in the neighborhood of Kyle Dugger.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A third safety? Gute backfilling an empty room?

This to me is an intriguing pick...Oladapo could be a sleeper.

He looks like a classic box safety, which could allow for Bullard to play some in the slot. More versatility - I can't wait to see what Hafley does with it.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
For those who didn't know, Oladapo had surgery on a broken toe, shouldn't be anything to worry about from what I have read.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how totally thrilled every single one of these guys is when they find out they're going to Green Bay.

They know what's what...

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how totally thrilled every single one of these guys is when they find out they're going to Green Bay.

They know what's what...
I don't know, I think they would have reacted the same pretty much no matter who it was. I'm sure most players do have their preferences but just to be drafted is reason to celebrate.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said in a different thread, part of his job here is going to be sacking the quarterback. He's has 15.5 tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks in his career.

And he's already begun a long working relationship wth brand new Bears quarrerback Caleb Wiiliams. Here we see him taking the opportunity to meet his future co-worker in 2022.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts