2022 Pick Zach Tom #140

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes yes yes!!!!!

This guy is a freaking favorite of mine as you all know!

Homerun at this spot IMO.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom will be a valuable back up at center and guard. He replaces the role that Lucas Patrick had with the team. Drafting a guy that is strictly C or OG provides more evidence that Jenkins is a tackle from now on. The Packers will have Runyon, Tom, Ryhan and Royce Newman at Guard and Bahktiari, Jenkins, Nijman and Ryhan at OT. Myers at Center. Looks like 8 of the 9 o line positions on the 53 man roster are pretty well set.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This guy could legitimately become a starting nfl tackle. The length and movement skills are there. He completely shut down Jermaine Johnson. Zero pressures allowed in 51 passing snaps.

He's built and he moves an awful lot like David Bakhtiari.

Stellar pick.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
6'4" 304 lbs
33.25" arms, 10.5" hands, 80.5" wing

4.94 forty (95th%)
1.70 ten split (93rd%)
33" vertical (93rd%)
118" broad (98th%)
4.47 shuttle (95th%)
7.32 three cone (92nd%)

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly can't understand why Tom was there in the 4th round.
I was shocked we picked Doubs instead of him…I predicted we’d take him in third in the contest. Dude is a versatile stud

Reaction score
I always like the stocking of versatile OL. As I said just before the draft, one of the biggest factors of 2021 was our decimated OL. I’m actually surprised we functioned as well as we did with up to 4 replacements in there at one point.
Our Running game suffered tremendously. We now have 2 very capable Blockers in Rhyan and Zack Tom.

Sean Rhyan is our answer for Billy Turner (31yrs)

Zach Tom is an answer for Lucas Patrick (29yrs in July)

Both draftees combined to save us $4.5M when Compared to the $6.5m combined annual contracts Lucas Patrick and Billy signed in Chicago /Denver. Those guys gave us good effort, but it was time to move on.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom could potentially be the answer for everybody, lol. I think at minimum he can be a super sub for every position.

I said this a ways before the draft, but he’s very reminiscent of Bakhtiari to me. If he could be half of that, huge win.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom could potentially be the answer for everybody, lol. I think at minimum he can be a super sub for every position.

I said this a ways before the draft, but he’s very reminiscent of Bakhtiari to me. If he could be half of that, huge win.
He’s more Jenkins than Bakh to me but I agree wholeheartedly

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He’s more Jenkins than Bakh to me but I agree wholeheartedly
Oh I don’t agree with that. Jenkins never really had anybody questioning his size or strength, Bakh and Tom both did. Tom’s role may end up more similar to what Jenkins has done, but coming out of college he’s more similar to Bakh.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I don’t agree with that. Jenkins never really had anybody questioning his size or strength, Bakh and Tom both did. Tom’s role may end up more similar to what Jenkins has done, but coming out of college he’s more similar to Bakh.
Eh just don’t question it as much as some, but to be fair I’ve tooted his horn way more than most so I could be tick bias. Either way I’ll take being wrong cuz he still ends up very good most likely lol

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh just don’t question it as much as some, but to be fair I’ve tooted his horn way more than most so I could be tick bias. Either way I’ll take being wrong cuz he still ends up very good most likely lol
You’ll have to ask me if you can join the Tom fan club. You can expect a 50 question quiz shortly after applying.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
NFL comp if he hits:

At tackle-- David Bakhtiari

Interior-- J.C. Tretter

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL comp if he hits:

At tackle-- David Bakhtiari

Interior-- J.C. Tretter
RAS comps (OT) (9.59 when graded as tackle)
Rashawn Slater (Northwester, 2021)
Garrett Scott (Marshall, 2009)
Xavier Fulton (Illinois, 2009)
Tanner Owen (NW Missouri St, 2022)
Jack Driscoll (Auburn, 2020)

RAS comps (OG) (9.92 when graded as guard)
Joel Bitonio (Nevada, 2014)
Chris Myers (Miami, 2005)
Evan Mathis (Alabama, 2005)
Anthony Fabiano (Harvard, 2016)
Brandon Bulsworth (Arkansas, 1999)

RAS comps (C) (10.0 when graded as center)
Creed Humphrey (OU, 2021)
Jake Brendel (UCLA, 2016)
Eric Kush (California PA, 2013)
Cameron Jurgens (Nebraska, 2022)
Chris Chester (OU, 2006)

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
36 snaps this preseason for Tom...zero sacks allowed....ZERO PRESSURES allowed.

:D

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
36 snaps this preseason for Tom...zero sacks allowed....ZERO PRESSURES allowed.

:D
I think Tom is better at this point than Royce Newman. I hope MLF has learned from his past debacles in the playoffs to put the best five offensive linemen on the field. While 36 snaps is still a relatively small sample size, he's looking like he's taking after Jenkins and needs to be starting.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom ended the 2022 Preseason with 75 snaps at RT and 49 at LG....ZERO pressures allowed in 75 passing plays in those.

He finished with the 5th highest PFF pass blocking grade in the preseason....only blemish was one holding call.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
This guy could legitimately become a starting nfl tackle. The length and movement skills are there. He completely shut down Jermaine Johnson. Zero pressures allowed in 51 passing snaps.

He's built and he moves an awful lot like David Bakhtiari.

Stellar pick.
Yahtzee!!! Nailed that one.

Members online

Latest posts