2022 Pick #228 Tariq Carpenter

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many of you remember I liked him in sixth or later. He isn’t a LB or a Safety purely but is part of both. Such a unique and special guy that staff is already saying will spend time in both rooms possibly but STs just got better with him.

I knew some of his story but dude….you watch this you’ll fall in love with this man and those around him.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Not to mention…..I mean….

Attachments

• B8B0E0FE-4008-4BAE-A304-7F3E286D2D92.jpeg
    B8B0E0FE-4008-4BAE-A304-7F3E286D2D92.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 115
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I’m a betting man, Aaron Jones Will want to meet his mom. Son of a serviceman himself, he will want to thank that five tour veteran and he will feel like the honored one.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm probably biased, but the Packers seem to really draft high character guys.

No it is a known thing in the league. It is a reason why a guy like Cole Madison shocked folks or when rumors swirl with wuestionable attitude guys to GB folks doubt it.

Honestly, I think part of it is GB doesn’t have the attractive city life which divas and ********** gravitate to

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
No it is a known thing in the league. It is a reason why a guy like Cole Madison shocked folks or when rumors swirl with wuestionable attitude guys to GB folks doubt it.

Honestly, I think part of it is GB doesn’t have the attractive city life which divas and ********** gravitate to
Hornung and McGee found plenty of off field success in Green Bay and Appleton.
Just sayin.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Looks like the Packers are planning on moving Tariq to inside linebacker. With his size and speed, that sounds like a position he would excel at. This guy is going to be big on special teams.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like the Packers are planning on moving Tariq to inside linebacker. With his size and speed, that sounds like a position he would excel at. This guy is going to be big on special teams.

Damn…Quay Walker, Ellis Brooks and a hybrid LB like Tariq. I see a serious route to where Summers and McDuffie are not on the 53

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This doesn't help safety depth unless my guy Tre Sterling is good enough to stick as an UDFA.

Reaction score
Damn…Quay Walker, Ellis Brooks and a hybrid LB like Tariq. I see a serious route to where Summers and McDuffie are not on the 53
I know Ty has been heavily involved on ST, but we needed these changes in Philosophy and Personnel. I for one won’t miss anyone who our Staff thinks is not playing at a high level. Sufficient doesn’t cut the Mustard anymore. We need Exemplary level ST guys or better.

We may be getting used to seeing our new Punter, Punt Returner, KR, LS, Gunner protection Bookends, Lineman Etc.. or all of the above. Give Rich whatever he needs to get that thing fixed, I can’t watch another playoff disaster transpire in slow motion or either be forced to predict another ST debacle.. here take it.. here is the company C/C.. please help to make it go away. :cautious:

Last edited:

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Idk about divas, but Green Bay just isn't an attractive destination for many players and never will be.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk about divas, but Green Bay just isn't an attractive destination for many players and never will be.
Preston Smith
Zadarius Smith
Adrian Amos
Billy Turner
Devondre Campbell
Whitney Mercilus

All starters that chose to come here

Sammy Watkins
Dennis Kelly to less extent...Veldheer....both starter-ish

That is just what the last three years?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Preston Smith
Zadarius Smith
Adrian Amos
Billy Turner
Devondre Campbell
Whitney Mercilus

All starters that chose to come here

Sammy Watkins
Dennis Kelly to less extent...Veldheer....both starter-ish

That is just what the last three years?
How many of those involved the most money. Not to mention a good chance at a ring. I think those two factors outweigh the attractions a city has to offer by a considerable amount. In most cases you are looking at what maybe 3-4 years. I think most players can deal with that.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
How many of those involved the most money. Not to mention a good chance at a ring. I think those two factors outweigh the attractions a city has to offer by a considerable amount. In most cases you are looking at what maybe 3-4 years. I think most players can deal with that.
It' a J. O. B. .....that makes most of them instant millionaires and can set them up for the rest of their lives. Not to mention they probably have the most vacation time of any profession. I doubt many of them actually live in Green Bay between the end of the season and August.

If they want to live where the night life is non-stop and parties are easy to find, then they might be in the wrong profession anyway. If they want to work somewhere that Football is THE focus of the City, Green Bay has proved to be a good location to find yourself.

This whole "no body wants to play in Green Bay " is way over hyped.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It' a J. O. B. .....that makes most of them instant millionaires and can set them up for the rest of their lives. Not to mention they probably have the most vacation time of any profession. I doubt many of them actually live in Green Bay between the end of the season and August.

If they want to live where the night life is non-stop and parties are easy to find, then they might be in the wrong profession anyway. If they want to work somewhere that Football is THE focus of the City, Green Bay has proved to be a good location to find yourself.

This whole "no body wants to play in Green Bay " is way over hyped.
I agree.

I think a lot of us at times get locked into our own way of thinking or living as THE way or only way of doing things.

I call bs.

I can objectively say as a Packer fan that I can understand why many players are not interested in playing in and/or for Green Bay.

While many take offense to someone disagreeing with something they feel strongly about, like the appeal of Green Bay or lack thereof, that doesn't mean opposing views are invalid.

Everything is relative.

This includes where a player wants to play.

Reaction score
Tariq apparently already left a good 1st impression. I know he’s glorified UDFA n the late 7th, but if he gets converted to that Star position? He’s going to roll with Barry putting him in positions to succeed.

He played 4 years at the Safety position for GA Tech, but his coaches in GB have already been speaking to Tariq having fluid movement for a big player.

I just noticed off the top of some of past his tape, he really is strong when greeting a ball carrier. Maybe needs less arm tackling, but he’s quick to greet and plays with a high intensity aggression you don’t see very much. His 44 consecutive starts are impressive and that goes a long ways in transitioning. He also had 400+ ST snaps in College, so he’s already got a good amount of starting time logged in College.

I could really see him starting as a ST ace and proving himself to play more that Role that Oren Burks couldn’t grasp.

He’s faster than HaHA Dix at 3” taller and 20lb heavier. 4.52 X 40. This kid has the athleticism eventually to win that 3rd Safety role
or the size to convert to OLB.

Very intriguing and I’m curious to see where he ends up being utilized.
I love he plays with a ferocious attitude. Kinda has some “Big Mike” in him

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tariq apparently already left a good 1st impression. I know he’s glorified UDFA n the late 7th, but if he gets converted to that Star position? He’s going to roll with Barry putting him in positions to succeed.

He played 4 years at the Safety position for GA Tech, but his coaches in GB have already been speaking to Tariq having fluid movement for a big player.

I just noticed off the top of some of past his tape, he really is strong when greeting a ball carrier. Maybe needs less arm tackling, but he’s quick to greet and plays with a high intensity aggression you don’t see very much. His 44 consecutive starts are impressive and that goes a long ways in transitioning. He also had 400+ ST snaps in College, so he’s already got a good amount of starting time logged in College.

I could really see him starting as a ST ace and proving himself to play more that Role that Oren Burks couldn’t grasp.

He’s faster than HaHA Dix was at 3” taller and 20lb heavier. 4.52 X 40. This kid has the athleticism eventually to win that 3rd Safety role
or the size to convert to OLB.

Very intriguing and I’m curious to see where he ends up being utilized.
I love he plays with a ferocious attitude. Kinda has some “Big Mike” in him
To be fair I think the loaded up 2022 Draft actually pushed him slightly deeper than he should have been in a normal draft pool year. Rasheed too...now we are still talking Day 3 level guys but still. Tariq started A LOT of games, and has PRODUCED a lot. He is that hybrid defender that fits the dropped down safety role to a "T" but like you said and many others have, he is what you get if you sent a mad scientist into the lab to create a perfect body and athlete type for a special teamer.

I don't expect him to hit the defensive field barring injuries a ton, especially early in the year, but don't be shocked to see him out there in sub packages more and more as the year rolls on.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record Green Bay was just voted 3rd best city in America to live. I don't know all the criteria but its obvious that professional sports team was not among them or it would have been #1 for sure

To be fair I think the loaded up 2022 Draft actually pushed him slightly deeper than he should have been in a normal draft pool year. Rasheed too...now we are still talking Day 3 level guys but still. Tariq started A LOT of games, and has PRODUCED a lot. He is that hybrid defender that fits the dropped down safety role to a "T" but like you said and many others have, he is what you get if you sent a mad scientist into the lab to create a perfect body and athlete type for a special teamer.

I don't expect him to hit the defensive field barring injuries a ton, especially early in the year, but don't be shocked to see him out there in sub packages more and more as the year rolls on.

I sounds like we got lot of talent later because of the deep draft and that could certainly help those later round picks make a contribution and help the team more than a typical player picked at those spots would. Guys who we got in the 6th might have been 4th rounders in an ordinary year. I know we had one of the top "value" drafts according to some experts. On the other hand the same most likely holds true for the the other 31 teams as well. You would know better than I about that but when the Packers made those picks were there any others around that spot who you might have said I had him graded 2 or even three rounds higher.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record Green Bay was just voted 3rd best city in America to live. I don't know all the criteria but its obvious that professional sports team was not among them or it would have been #1 for sure
for the record, it was not "voted" the 3rd best city to live. it was ranked the 3rd bet city to live by u.s. news. and their ranking criteria heavily weighted the fact that housing is cheap. it actually was rated very low in desirability.

https://realestate.usnews.com/places/wisconsin/green-bay

and when describing the virtues of green bay, the packers were mentioned in the very first sentence.

Reaction score
I know we had one of the top "value" drafts according to some experts. On the other hand the same most likely holds true for the the other 31 teams as well.
This is true. However the teams that will benefit the most would conceivably be the ones that are 2-3 pieces away from greatness.

As an example. It could push a team like GB over the top if they hit a few early selections as good quality starters and a few later selections as nice ST upgrades to pair with a few others brought in for ST.

Also last years starters that get beat out are likely going to ST. That in itself is huge when you inject guys like Barnes into ST.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts