2021 Senior Bowl

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s this wonderful time of year again. Senior Bowl will be more important than ever this year.

Please post any senior bowl information in here.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far it's a go for next week. With no Combine this will be EVERYTHING for the players invited.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a long snapper at the SR Bowl named Cameron Cheesman.

We need a new long snapper.

This is our destiny.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aight.

I’ve heard good things on Shi Smith (WR). He’s a baller, I like him.

I think Alex Leatherwood is gonna have to move inside to OG.

Dillon Raduncz has played at LT, LG, and C. Sounds like a GB type.

Quin Meinerz has been good on the iOL. D3 guy! Wisconsin Whitewater baby!

Daelin Hayes has been good on the DL. Marvin Wilson hit and miss, he’s streaky. Lots of talent.

Jabril Cox is the best coverage LB. athletic. Struggles a bit getting off of blocks. I like him in GB a lot.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aight.

I’ve heard good things on Shi Smith (WR). He’s a baller, I like him.

I think Alex Leatherwood is gonna have to move inside to OG.

Dillon Raduncz has played at LT, LG, and C. Sounds like a GB type.

Quin Meinerz has been good on the iOL. D3 guy! Wisconsin Whitewater baby!

Daelin Hayes has been good on the DL. Marvin Wilson hit and miss, he’s streaky. Lots of talent.

Jabril Cox is the best coverage LB. athletic. Struggles a bit getting off of blocks. I like him in GB a lot.

Being a ND fan, I've seen a lot of Daelin Hayes. The dude's frame is that of a man. Since he came to ND, no joke I believe he put on like 70 lbs or so, but the dude is a physical specimen. I will say, he is NOT a home run hitting type big play guy. He is however a VERY solid dependable knows his roles and jobs and does it type guy. Kind of like what Preston did this year, SOLID SOLID value - just don't expect him to light up the world with sacks a ton - he will be a boom or bust type sack guy.

Jabril is a guy I like also, however most scenarios I play out I've looked elsewhere. I think the way we nab Cox is if Gute does a little move back, placing us with two 2nd rounders and we grab him with one.

Raduncz is a guy a LOVE but also hesitate with. You are going to have to surely grab him in the 2nd, but what you could arguably be getting is a very good Lane Taylor type guy, literally capable to play for you everywhere, but never at STUD level. He's a guy if say you're grading on a 10 scale all attributes of a lineman, he gets 7's literally across the board - to me very high floor, with an unknown ceiling IMO. I would clap and smile if he joined us, but also have some intrigue and worry to see what he becomes.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was looking for some analysis on Cox. I know a lot of people are enamored with Barnes and Martin, but there's still a lot of improvement to be desired from that position. I know Summers and Burks are cheap and experienced commodities but at least one more player should be brought in to force one out who can play meaningful snaps.

I like Haynes as a priority Day 3 guy.

I don't see value in Radunz before the 4th Round but I'm sure he'll likely be overdrafted. But I want another team to take that risk, not mine.

If anyone should be taking an OT 1st Round, it's definitely the Packers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was looking for some analysis on Cox. I know a lot of people are enamored with Barnes and Martin, but there's still a lot of improvement to be desired from that position. I know Summers and Burks are cheap and experienced commodities but at least one more player should be brought in to force one out who can play meaningful snaps.

I like Haynes as a priority Day 3 guy.

I don't see value in Radunz before the 4th Round but I'm sure he'll likely be overdrafted. But I want another team to take that risk, not mine.

If anyone should be taking an OT 1st Round, it's definitely the Packers.

Unless the draft just purely falls in a way forcing only a reach, I suspect LB is on Gute's mind. Something tells me though he is hoping to spend high draft equity elsewhere and a LB 4th round - 7th.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a deep OT class with quality guys who can start immediately. My concern is he pulls that crap he did in 2020 and assume one is going to be around in the 3rd Round. Just like 2020 with WR, the dropoff is steep after the 1st Round, not saying there aren't good guys to be had, but drafting in the back of every round if he waits until the 3rd the guy we chose is possibly someone somebody else would have took mid 4th to early 5th.

At least he's got his QB:rolleyes:

But I honestly wouldn't be shocked if we ended up with Najee Harris in the 1st Round.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a deep OT class with quality guys who can start immediately. My concern is he pulls that crap he did in 2020 and assume one is going to be around in the 3rd Round. Just like 2020 with WR, the dropoff is steep after the 1st Round, not saying there aren't good guys to be had, but drafting in the back of every round if he waits until the 3rd the guy we chose is possibly someone somebody else would have took mid 4th to early 5th.

At least he's got his QB:rolleyes:

But I honestly wouldn't be shocked if we ended up with Najee Harris in the 1st Round.

I don't see the cliff till end of round 2 on Tackles IMO...LT I'm with you, but guys I personally feel are RT starter caliber can be hand in 2nd for sure with maybe one or two creeping into the 3rd...then it becomes more a roll of a dice or projecting well type guys.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the cliff till end of round 2 on Tackles IMO...LT I'm with you, but guys I personally feel are RT starter caliber can be hand in 2nd for sure with maybe one or two creeping into the 3rd...then it becomes more a roll of a dice or projecting well type guys.

Just a reminder our future HOF left tackle was a 4th.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a reminder our future HOF left tackle was a 4th.

Oh for sure, and nothing i said spoke ill of anyone, personally my grading and expectations changes around end of 2nd to early 3rd.

Doesn't mean a surefire 10 year stud isn't possible in the least.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you research the probability of draft picks and their rounds believe it or not DBs is a position of the main ones that beyond the third the % likelihood is nearly identical.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mocked Vera-Tucker to us, and as far as I'm concerned, that's the pick. I know I waited til after Sunday but I already had him as both my Best Player Available and Best Player Available Based on Need.

I tell ya, we'll find out how good Gute and his scouting department really is in this Draft, one way or another.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too am locked into a draft pick in...January.

Relax people.

Also, let’s try to keep it to the SR Bowl. Thanks.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sad that the East vs West shrine game isn't happening this year. These are the players that we pick up mid-late rounds and undrafted.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like that Radunz worked out at OT and OG. In a perfect world, nabbing Vera-Tucker and Radunz to complete the OL would be a home run triple.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really in a pickle for who we get to address this DL:

Levi Onwuzurike, my only real standout, got hurt. I'd take him in the 2nd Round if necessary but prefer the 3rd.

Marvin Wilson didn't look bad, he didn't look great either. I'd still take a chance on him but not with the same draft capital as before. Round 3 or 4 maybe?

Wilson's teammate Janarius Robinson looked good though with great measurables. Poor man's Rashan Gary? I don't really have a good sense of where he'll go....Maybe a priority in the 4th.

Patrick Jones couldn't stay on his feet but he did get a sack in the game. Late Day 2 for me as well.

Rashad Weaver was better than Jones, as he should be but still kinda meh. I don't like the injuries.

Tulane's Sample and UCLA's Odighizuwa don't hit my threshold for size. But I wouldn't mind then 5th Round or later.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Quinn Meinerz from Hartford,Wi/Whitewater apparently made waves and possibly a lot of money last week. Carter (RB) from North Carolina as well.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quinn Meinerz from Hartford,Wi/Whitewater apparently made waves and possibly a lot of money last week. Carter (RB) from North Carolina as well.

Before this weekend I had Quinn graded as a mid/late Day3. Insane to think he may have just played his way to early Day 3 or tail end of Day 2

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep circling back to and watching/reading up on Sage Surratt. The dude just oozes Packer type.

Members online

Latest posts