2020 draft late round sleepers thread.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you guys have as sleeper picks in the 5th or later rounds?

I got :

• Tanner Muse, S/LB Clemson

• Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa.

• Quez Watkins, WR, Southern Miss

• John Reid, CB, Penn State

• McTelvin Agim, DT, Arkansas

• Dane Jackson, CB, Pittsburgh

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Isaiah Coulter, WR, Rhode Island

Cohl Cabral, C, Arizona State

Danny Pinter, OL, Ball State

Carter Coughlin, LB/ED, Minnesota

Josh Metellus, S/LB, Michigan

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The some of the players I'm listing are probably going to fall between 3-5 rounds(Sorry), with a few sprinkles of 5-UDFA guys. I like your list of guys and a few are on my list too.

Cole McDonald, QB, Hawaii
Kenji Bahar, QB, Monmouth
J.J. Taylor, RB, Arizona
A.J. Dillion, RB, Boston College
Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland
K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio State
Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty
Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota
Stephen Sullivan, TE, LSU
Trey Adams, OL, Washington
Justin Herron, OL, Wake Forest
Garrett Marino, DL, UAB
Mike Panasiuk, DL, Michigan
Shaquille Quarterman, LB, Miami
Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming
Jacob Phillips, LB, LSU
Khaleke Hudson, LB, Michigan
Geno Stone, S, Iowa
Lavert Hill, CB, Michigan
Dane Jackson, CB, Pittsburgh

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

RHODY THE RAM would be so proud of you right now!

Coulter is one of those smaller school guys that you have to wonder is he legit, or is it merely the competition he faced...flip that coin and see. He is 100% the type of player you want to roll a dice on! He and Gandy-Golden both intrigue me, however Gandy-Golden I believe has better odds of success than Coulter for sure and is probably a mid rounder not a late rounder. He did well when he faced Virginia Tech which is promising because you know VT's plan was set on stopping him.

Last edited:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The some of the players I'm listing are probably going to fall between 3-5 rounds(Sorry), with a few sprinkles of 5-UDFA guys. I like your list of guys and a few are on my list too.

J.J. Taylor, RB, Arizona
Antoni Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty
Garrett Marino, DL, UAB
Jacob Phillips, LB, LSU
Geno Stone, S, Iowa

Tyler Johnson is a guy I am really intrigued by. I think he is underrated as a prospect. Would love to have him on the Packers.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyler Johnson is a guy I am really intrigued by. I think he is underrated as a prospect. Would love to have him on the Packers.
He reminds me of a lot of James Jones. Big body, not the fastest but fast enough, super reliable hands, unorthodox (route running) but it works - can be redzone threat. His route running can be tuned in the pros to help.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He reminds me of a lot of James Jones. Big body, not the fastest but fast enough, super reliable hands, unorthodox (route running) but it works - can be redzone threat. His route running can be tuned in the pros to help.
The games I watched he caught everything thrown his way and bunch of the passes were in traffic. I cant stand the Gophers but came away very impressed

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldnt call Tyler Johnson a sleeper. I think he will be gone mid 4th. He was productive player and he looked really good in drills at the combine. He doesnt excell at anything, but is really good at all things. He is very smooth and just a natural pass catcher. I suspect he is a dedicated hard worker. If there weren't so many WRs in this draft, he would be early 3rd maybe even late 2nd. He will produce at the NFL level.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldnt call Tyler Johnson a sleeper. I think he will be gone mid 4th. He was productive player and he looked really good in drills at the combine. He doesnt excell at anything, but is really good at all things. He is very smooth and just a natural pass catcher. I suspect he is a dedicated hard worker. If there weren't so many WRs in this draft, he would be early 3rd maybe even late 2nd. He will produce at the NFL level.

100% gone by end of 4th. If it were for attitude question marks I suspect he'd be a 2nd rounder to some honestly...albeit tail end.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you guys have as sleeper picks in the 5th or later rounds?

I got :

• Tanner Muse, S/LB Clemson

• Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa.

• Quez Watkins, WR, Southern Miss

• John Reid, CB, Penn State

• McTelvin Agim, DT, Arkansas

• Dane Jackson, CB, Pittsburgh
Agim is awesome.he has some tape where he looks outstanding. He plays well most of the time. I am on board with him.

Robinson has made most of my mocks. I cant see why he isnt being thought of as a day 2 pick. Maybe the GMs have a different opinion as published pundits. Curious to see where he goes.

I am on board with either of these guys in the 4th.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree. I was mainly just going off the original list that had him as a sleeper. I do think he is underrated though.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

J.J. Taylor, RB, Arizona
Garrett Marino, DL, UAB
Jacob Phillips, LB, LSU
Geno Stone, S, Iowa
I'll take Bahar off that list and add his teammate Pete Guerriero (RB) to the list. Track star turn RB. Has the ability to take it to the house with 4.3 speed and it shows up on tape SOMETIMES. I can see the Philip Lindsay comparison but I cant call him Lindsay 2.0 because of level of competition and hes yet to demonstrate he can run slot routes. Guerriero has experience in punt/kick return which will be beneficial to sticking on a team. When asked to block - he does it very well, which suprised me. Though Guerriero has that 4.3 speed it isnt consistent, there are times where his legs gave up or fatigued once he got to second level when he could've taken it to the house, which is something Lindsay did often. Then there are times where you see that Lindsay-ques run, where he gets to that second level and takes it to the house. I want more of that, maybe its conditioning. I also love how Guerriero knows when to bounce it outside and when to just take it up north.

One thing I hate seeing is when RBs consistently try to bounce it outside because they think they have the speed to burn (or impatient) when they couldve just lowered their shoulders take that 2-3 yards instead of -4. Only a few have that ability in the NFL

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anthony McFarland and Pete Guerriero are late-round RBs I am rooting for. McFarland is definitely going to get drafted. Guerriero might be drafted in the 7th round or UDFA. Guerriero has to show up on special teams and ball out in practice to have a fighting chance.

Bojack

"All pro DL , you sure the hell dont play like it"
Reaction score

J.J. Taylor, RB, Arizona
Garrett Marino, DL, UAB
Jacob Phillips, LB, LSU
Geno Stone, S, Iowa
Dillion should sneak into mid 2nd or early 3rd he is a beast. Quaterman watched some tape on him after the all star games he gets down hill I thought he was better in coverage than his scouting report suggests 4th rnd. Gandy Golden reminds me of a bigger Geronimo Allison and with a 4th rnd pick thats good value. I like kyle Dugger big saftey with decent cover skills our 3rder who will fill a nice hybrid role for us

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks "sleepers" don't go in the mid rounds....discussions should be about 6th at earliest.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks "sleepers" don't go in the mid rounds....discussions should be about 6th at earliest.
If the guy is round 5 or later he's a sleeper for me but agreed guys like Tyler Johnson don't belong on a list of draft sleepers.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree ONLY because there are plenty of guys who we think are in 4- 5 round picks that end up in 6-UDFA.. TBH, 5-7th rounders you have to bet on traits or if they lack trait, go with gameplay. Just a quick look at Amish's 53rd mock draft. EX: I had Penny Hart in the 5th, who went undrafted. Tre'Von Coney was also a player many people thought would go 4th - 5th that went undrafted... More 4-5th rounders - Tyree Jackson.. Brailford.. Caleb Wilson (Mr. Irrelevant 2019). Theres also the other way around where the "consensus" was that they were going to go in the 5-7th but end up 3-4th round.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a sleeper is someone like our pick of ILB Burks. He appears to be dozing off most plays he is on the field.

But seriously, I think of a sleeper is a player not talked about much, who plays well above his draft position. Not many of us thought Burks an option. Had Burks played lights out, nobody nobody would have seen that coming. I would have called it a sleeper pick.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Draft season trope you can set your watch to:

Arguments about what constitutes a "sleeper."

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry but there are names here in this thread which is hilarious to mention as a "sleeper" is all I'm saying.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Sorry but there are names here in this thread which is hilarious to mention as a "sleeper" is all I'm saying.

No apologies necessary! I'm not criticizing anyone. It's just funny to me. You can count on it every year.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody heard of this CD Lamb? I saw a highlight tape and he looks good! I'm hoping we can get him late in the draft!!!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Here's a sleeper by anyone's definition:

Zane Lewis, CB, Air Force

It's unusual to find legit NFL talent at the service academies. It's basically unheard of to find it at a position like corner.

Lewis is 6'1" 196 lbs, ran a 4.43 and had a 6.87 3C at his pro day. He had 16 PBU's and a pick last year in the MWC. He actually has 2 career INT's and BOTH went for 99 yard touchdowns... 2/198/2. Pretty good clip!

Anyways, I'm sure he's a project but he has NFL tools so he would be a nice late rounder or PFA.

Members online

Latest posts