2017 NFL Draft

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally love Mike Williams, but it is hard to say that WR is our biggest need. Like PokerBrat mentioned, it all depends on what happens in the head office during the off season and which guys stick around. If Shields football career is over, CB quickly becomes our biggest need.

Personally I like Corey Davis better than Mike Williams. Davis seems quicker. However, I don't think this is a strong draft for receivers, especially not in the first. We need a CB, TE, and RB and this draft is loaded at those positions. I think we'll go corner with our first pick unless someone like Dalvin Cook falls to us.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Everyone seems to really like Leonard Fournette. I will be honest and say I hate LSU, so I could be bias, and he did have a great 2015 season, but he's injured. I think the last thing the Packers need to draft is another injury prone player. Do not get me wrong, I think he is athletic and talented but I have huge reservations about taking a RB in the first round, when RB is the most injury prone position.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
...TT should have been looking for a vet CB to trade for as soon as Shields, Randall and Rollins went down. Cutting Sitton and getting nothing was a mistake. Keeping Don Barclay, instead of finding someone who actually can play back-up OL was a big mistake...

Another key mistake, which raised eye brows when it was announced, was only keeping 2 RBs on the roster. And it wasn't like either or both of those RBs were considered to be "iron men" either.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A 2017 draft thread in November....for a second I thought I was in the lions forum. Although ours usually start in October.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe this can be our 2015 Cowboys season where wind up with a top 5 pick after an injury ravaged season and we get our Ezekiel Elliott, but knowing Teddy he will probably trade down for the extra draft picks and use the 29th pick in the draft on a guard out of Central Delaware Tech to replace Sitton.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team just isn't that talented on defense point blank. They are missing a playmaker on the d line, at lber, and in the secondary. They don't have a single guy who can impact a game at any level. Nor are they good enough collectively to mask such flaws.

Clay Matthews isn't elite anymore. All I heard was wait, until Matthews comes back! He makes the defense better! Not since 2013. He did jack ish last night. Got single blocked by a backup, ran himself out of several plays, and Got outplayed by Julius Peppers who's 35 or 36 yrs old. NOT ELITE. That woulda never happened to Von Miller , JJ Wattt, or Khalil Mack. Those guys are elite. Time to move him to the inside where he would at least be in on more than 4 or 5 plays.

Mike Daniels is solid.. but he can be single blocked on a consistent basis. Although he Is solid against the run. He's only ok as a pass rusher. He's not a guy who can take over a game either.

Haha is an enigma. He shows flashes...but then he will miss tackles he should make, and be late getting over in pass coverage. I don't think anyone watches the Packers and say we have to be aware where 21 is at.

Should've traded for Hayden when they had the chance and added another pass rusher. Now look at them smh. Terrible at all 3 levels of defense.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team just isn't that talented on defense point blank. They are missing a playmaker on the d line, at lber, and in the secondary. They don't have a single guy who can impact a game at any level. Nor are they good enough collectively to mask such flaws.

Clay Matthews isn't elite anymore. All I heard was wait, until Matthews comes back! He makes the defense better! Not since 2013. He did jack ish last night. Got single blocked by a backup, ran himself out of several plays, and Got outplayed by Julius Peppers who's 35 or 36 yrs old. NOT ELITE. That woulda never happened to Von Miller , JJ Wattt, or Khalil Mack. Those guys are elite. Time to move him to the inside where he would at least be in on more than 4 or 5 plays.

Mike Daniels is solid.. but he can be single blocked on a consistent basis. Although he Is solid against the run. He's only ok as a pass rusher. He's not a guy who can take over a game either.

Haha is an enigma. He shows flashes...but then he will miss tackles he should make, and be late getting over in pass coverage. I don't think anyone watches the Packers and say we have to be aware where 21 is at.

Should've traded for Hayden when they had the chance and added another pass rusher. Now look at them smh. Terrible at all 3 levels of defense.
Agreed. Our best defensive player at this point is probably Mike Daniels, who is probably not even as good as Derek Wolfe, maybe the 5th or 6th best player on Denver's defense. Seattle has at least 5 or 6 defenders at least as good as anyone GB has, as well. Tough to beat teams that are that much more talented.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It's just a shame that we haven't put any effort or resources into drafting defensive players in the last 5 years :whistling:

5 #1 picks!

2012: #1, #2, #2,#4, #4 #5
2013: #1, #5, #5, #6, #7
2014: #1, #3, #4, #6
2015: #1, #2, #4, #6
2016: #1, #3, #4, #4

Reaction score
Based on what we've just watched, I'd Draft the best Corner available early round 1 AND pick up another Veteran Corner through FA
But I'm honestly not confident in Doms ability to integrate full press coverage in unison with a stellar pass rush.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on what we've just watched, I'd Draft the best Corner available early round 1 AND pick up another Veteran Corner through FA
But I'm honestly not confident in Doms ability to integrate full press coverage in unison with a stellar pass rush.
That would be Jabrill Peppers. I would be thrilled if we got him. He's the next Charles Woodson.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be Jabrill Peppers. I would be thrilled if we got him. He's the next Charles Woodson.
He's a safety. But Capers loves playing guys better suited for safety as his CBs. With that being said, Peppers is very talented and I'm sure someone will be able to get the most out of his talents.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I'm honestly not confident in Doms ability to integrate
press coverage in unison with a stellar pass rush.

He depends on zone and keeping his fingers crossed his lbers will hit home. The Packers haven't had pure man to man corners since Woodson and Al Harris.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's just a shame that we haven't put any effort or resources into drafting defensive players in the last 5 years :whistling:

5 #1 picks!

2012: #1, #2, #2,#4, #4 #5
2013: #1, #5, #5, #6, #7
2014: #1, #3, #4, #6
2015: #1, #2, #4, #6
2016: #1, #3, #4, #4

Its equally a shame that all of them are not All Pros by now.:cry:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its equally a shame that all of them are not All Pros by now.:cry:

How about None are. Did Datone Jones even play Sunday? Haha had two good plays the entire game, Perry had sack ...but then suffered his annual injury, I saw Kenny Clark chasing their rb to the end zone from about 25 yds out...otherwise I literally would forget he was on the roster, and Raji didn't enjoy football anymore so he hung it up. Randle? Well you saw the graphic on him..his qb rating when qbs target him was like 112.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone seems to really like Leonard Fournette. I will be honest and say I hate LSU, so I could be bias, and he did have a great 2015 season, but he's injured. I think the last thing the Packers need to draft is another injury prone player. Do not get me wrong, I think he is athletic and talented but I have huge reservations about taking a RB in the first round, when RB is the most injury prone position.
That's a fair criticism. I'd take the risk, personally. There no guarantee that anyone else will stay healthy. He goes to GB in this mock draft:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...olster-running-game-with-playmaker-fournette/

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a safety. But Capers loves playing guys better suited for safety as his CBs. With that being said, Peppers is very talented and I'm sure someone will be able to get the most out of his talents.
Peppers is the most talented player in the draft and could easily make the trasition. Capers will be gone after the season anyway. He can also return kicks and punts like Desmond Howard.

Found this today. It's a long read but worth it.
http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/jabrill-peppers-michigan-nfl-draft-profile/? utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leonard Fournette runs too upright and that is one of the reasons he is always getting hurt. Packers also need a guy that can catch passes and I don't see Fournette developing into a really good pass catching back in the NFL.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just trying to be light-hearted. :) It was more about being able to flash when there aren't any consequences - would have said the same about anybody touted for exception feats in training camp, practice, warmups, that sort of thing.