2016 Preseason Game #2 vs da Raiders

D

Deleted member 6794

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Well, the only way to accurately evaluate a draft class is to do it in hindsight. After two seasons it's pretty obvious there were better players available than Adams and Bradford at the time the Packers were on the clock.

BTW I think it's absolutely hilarious Carl agreed with this post as he's one of the posters repeatedly mentioning it takes several years to truly assess draft picks and experts handing out grades directly after the draft is a waste of time.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the only way to accurately evaluate a draft class is to do it in hindsight. After two seasons it's pretty obvious there were better players available than Adams and Bradford at the time the Packers were on the clock.

BTW I think it's absolutely hilarious Carl agreed with this post as he's one of the posters repeatedly mentioning it takes several years to truly assess draft picks and experts handing out grades directly after the draft is a waste of time.
Khyri Thornton was the worst player we drafted 2014. Followed by Bradford, though he is looking very improved. I really thought Goodson was a waste of a late pick and even though he isn't great he's played better than I predicted.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Khyri Thornton was the worst player we drafted 2014. Followed by Bradford, though he is looking very improved. I really thought Goodson was a waste of a late pick and even though he isn't great he's played better than I predicted.
Goodson might get cut at some point this year and may possibly catch on with another and have a decent career yet. His biggest problem right now is being suspended while we are looking to be pretty flush with young CB's.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heh. But to be fair, the guys the good Captain mentioned were higher rated than Adams and Bradford by just about every analysis I read at the time.

I agree, but looking back, wouldn't the Jaguars drafted Marqise Lee earlier than Allen Robinson and the Seattle Seahawks drafted some receiver named Paul Richardson in the middle of the second round.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree with everything you're saying. The meme was just too good to pass up!

D

Deleted member 6794

I was baffled by Thompson selecting Thornton and Rodgers in the third round of the 2014 draft. Turned out I was right about one of them
being picked way too early.

Goodson might get cut at some point this year and may possibly catch on with another and have a decent career yet. His biggest problem right now is being suspended while we are looking to be pretty flush with young CB's.

I don't expect Goodson to ever contribute a whole lot as a cornerback. He's an above average special teamer though.

I agree, but looking back, wouldn't the Jaguars drafted Marqise Lee earlier than Allen Robinson and the Seattle Seahawks drafted some receiver named Paul Richardson in the middle of the second round.

There's no doubt the draft is a crapshoot. That's why it's important to wait for several years before making a final evaluation of an entire class.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was baffled by Thompson selecting Thornton and Rodgers in the third round of the 2014 draft. Turned out I was right about one of them
being picked way too early.

I don't expect Goodson to ever contribute a whole lot as a cornerback. He's an above average special teamer though.

There's no doubt the draft is a crapshoot. That's why it's important to wait for several years before making a final evaluation of an entire class.
Its fair to judge a player after 2 years seeing he contributes enough. But just because a player may not live up to draft status within 2 years doesn't mean he doesn't still improve after later. Thats just what I've noticed anyway.

D

Deleted member 6794

Its fair to judge a player after 2 years seeing he contributes enough. But just because a player may not live up to draft status within 2 years doesn't mean he doesn't still improve after later. Thats just what I've noticed anyway.

Mostly teams and fans are able to accurately evaluate a player's talent level after two or three years in the league. Of course there are exceptions with guys blossoming later in their careers but it's not the norm.

Members online

Latest posts