2016 Playoffs round 2 -- in big D

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Add "Win Close Playoff Game" to this run which seems to be taking a lot of monkeys off our back.

GPG!

THill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Comments from Dallas Morning News reporter follow. One man team!!

I don't know if anyone has ever played the quarterback position at a higher level than Aaron Rodgers played it for most of Sunday afternoon. He was nothing like the player the Cowboys saw in Week 6. He was basically flawless. Without Rodgers, I don't know if the Packers would win more than five or six games. With him, they have a chance to win the Super Bowl.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say it one more time and let you guys celebrate. You have no running game and no defense. Your receivers are just good (Nelson is Pro bowl worthy though). Rodgers is the guy that makes the plays. The passes are thrown perfectly and the receivers basically just need to make the catch. Their NFL receivers. They should be able to do that. It is a perfect example of a one man team. Nothing that I can ever remember in my 50 years of watching NFL football has come along like this, so you can't compare it to anything in the past.

Just except it because he could take you to a championship.
Im fine with it. Ill except it, this team is nothing with out Rodgers. We are still in the NFCCG and Rodgers is the best ever so we have a great shot!

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowboys forum is pretty funny to read now. Half of them wants everyone except Zeke and Dak to be fired. Rest want Romo back and saying Matt Flynn will flatten us.

I was reading Giants forum after the loss and they went around saying Cowboys will trample all over us. I'm looking forward to reading the Falcons forum next week to see them saying how Pats will blow us off the field!

Hilarious!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Flynn?? oh no!!!

Sky King

Reaction score
The way Capers has cobbled together these awful DBs and protected them just enough to win has me scratching my head. It seems like they can't stop anything but the streak stays alive anyway. The Cowboys should have scored at will today but the defense somehow held them to the eventual game-tying FG that gave the offense one final chance. I didn't think any D could bend that far without breaking.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say it one more time and let you guys celebrate. You have no running game and no defense. Your receivers are just good (Nelson is Pro bowl worthy though). Rodgers is the guy that makes the plays. The passes are thrown perfectly and the receivers basically just need to make the catch. Their NFL receivers. They should be able to do that. It is a perfect example of a one man team. Nothing that I can ever remember in my 50 years of watching NFL football has come along like this, so you can't compare it to anything in the past.

Just except it because he could take you to a championship.

You do realize we are on our 5th string running back right? We also have a great oline. Nelson is one of the best in the leagues. Adams has become a very good number 2 wr. Cook is a solid TE. Obviously Rodgers is amazing but there is talent there.

The defense is rough but hey so is the Cowboys. Their secondary pretty much could only stop the Packers when they mugged adams

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way Capers has cobbled together these awful DBs and protected them just enough to win has me scratching my head. It seems like they can't stop anything but the streak stays alive anyway. The Cowboys should have scored at will today but the defense somehow held them to the eventual game-tying FG that gave the offense one final chance. I didn't think any D could bend that far without breaking.

Well said. I did a lot of head scratching on this too. We don't have a game winning D but it does just enough to give AR12 the edge. For all the abuse hurled Capers way, I'm actually surprised we've come this far.

I think Ryan will be the ultimate test. His strength lies smack where we are weak.

And we shouldn't forget Freeman!

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dont think many of us would have been confident in our secondary if we were going to be without our number 1 and 3 CBS. Our starting safety who is our coach on the field. Missing 3 of our 5 primary dbs going into the season and this team is on to the championship game

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I don't know if anyone has ever played the quarterback position at a higher level than Aaron Rodgers played it for most of Sunday afternoon. He was nothing like the player the Cowboys saw in Week 6. He was basically flawless. Without Rodgers, I don't know if the Packers would win more than five or six games. With him, they have a chance to win the Super Bowl.
Saying a Quarterback is a one man team and saying a team needs a clutch Quarterback are two different things. What would Rodgers be without chemistry with his receivers and an o line thst is amazing? Be a gracious loser.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

So you are saying that the Cowboys aren't good enough to beat a single guy? Wow. I thought that they were much better than that, but if you say so...

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jerry really felt this was a special year..... He was confident... To go down 18 early and come up just short?! lol He must be sick!

JamesCA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't stand Jerry generally but give the man his due, he made damn sure that none of the Cowboys would kneel during the national anthem. He told the team that they're on his stage and they better behave so I'll give him credit for that. Happy he got to see us beat his team at his stadium.

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you are saying that the Cowboys aren't good enough to beat a single guy? Wow. I thought that they were much better than that, but if you say so...
Don't mind him.

A lot of salty fans.

Being at the game I shook hands with a lot of Packer fans.

They were all pretty classy. Telling me Cowboys played a great game and the future is bright.

It really was one of the best playoff games in the last two/three years.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't mind him.

A lot of salty fans.

Being at the game I shook hands with a lot of Packer fans.

They were all pretty classy. Telling me Cowboys played a great game and the future is bright.

It really was one of the best playoff games in the last two/three years.
You guys are getting Jaylen Smith back next year and could potentially stack up on defense in the draft. You guys are going to be good for years to come.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they're getting Jaylon Smith "back" seeing as how he's never played a down in the NFL and docs still aren't sure of the progress in his regenerating nerves. But yeah... I'm always jealous of teams like the Seahawks a few years back and now the Cowboys that get to play with very good quarterback while paying him peanuts. Should be happy times in Dallas for the next 3 years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts