2016 Playoffs round 1 -- Giants

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Julius Peppers (not injury related), Quinten Rollins and Joe Thomas (back) didn´t practice on Wednesday. Randall Cobb, Jayrone Elliott, T.J. Lang, Nick Perry and Damarious Randall were limited participants.

I'm starting to wonder how much longer Cobb has here. We need more from him. As for Randall, I'd be quite okay with him not playing.

D

Deleted member 6794

I thought he was retiring. Just thought TT could've reached out. Even if he's the coordinator next year.

Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak retired. It will be interesting to see what happens with Denver´s coordinators and positional coaches once they name a new HC.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder how much longer Cobb has here. We need more from him. As for Randall, I'd be quite okay with him not playing.

Yes, Randall hasn't been playing very well as of late, but I would be very happy to hear he is available considering the current state of the secondary. An option is better than no option. While I haven't seen Herb Waters play CB in the NFL, I have to think Randall is the better option.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Game still isn't sold out. Season ticket holders get to sell their tickets for profit during the regular season. One of the rules should be that if you don't purchase playoff tickets, you lose your season tickets.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Game still isn't sold out. Season ticket holders get to sell their tickets for profit during the regular season. One of the rules should be that if you don't purchase playoff tickets, you lose your season tickets.
Lambeau better be LOUD

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Wade Phillips is out there. Would've preferred we pick him up.

Wade Phillips is good but let's be honest, it helps when your team has two great corners, one of the best pass rushing OLBs in the NFL, another really good pass rushing OLB and a good dline. In Green Bay, he would have none of that.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wade Phillips is good but let's be honest, it helps when your team has two great corners, one of the best pass rushing OLBs in the NFL, another really good pass rushing OLB and a good dline. In Green Bay, he would have none of that.

BINGO... a lot of fans seem to have forgotten he had some real stinky defenses in Buffalo, Dallas and Houston. The Broncos D being good last year was more so the boatload of talent and having all their guys healthy all the way to the big game that helped him succeed. You can't just assume a DC is good based off of one year.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me or has the atmosphere changed? Always opposing fans. Not noisy. The Packers have lost the most home playoff games since 2000. That's hard to believe. 5.
Couldn't tell ya. I went to Lambeau for the first time this season, and I was very surprised to see how many Giants fans came. They travel well.

KTH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn't tell ya. I went to Lambeau for the first time this season, and I was very surprised to see how many Giants fans came. They travel well.

I'll never forget how well I was treated in 07/08. I have another chance to go, but I think I may be pushing it.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know one thing for sure. The past 6 weeks has been the most fun I've had watching the Packers since the middle of the 2014 season. I am HYPED for Sunday.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have promoted WR Herb Waters from the practice squad to play cornerback while putting Makinton Dorleant on injured reserve. Finally the bold move by Thompson I was looking for. ;)

Are teams allowed to bring in free agents for the playoffs? If so, there is no old vet CB's that they could bring in instead of changing an inexperienced WR into an even more inexperienced DB?

D

Deleted member 6794

Are teams allowed to bring in free agents for the playoffs? If so, there is no old vet CB's that they could bring in instead of changing an inexperienced WR into an even more inexperienced DB?

Teams are currently allowed to sign free agents for the playoff run. It's hard to believe there aren't any better options out there than a converted wide reveiver from the practice squad but that's the way Thompson is running the show.

NYGiants516

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion this game will be gritty, hard nosed, and a defensive battle on both sides..

In week 5, Green Bay played the Giants with DRC & Apple not playing in our secondary.. 2 key parts of our defense. Eddy Lacy was a problem for the Giants defense 12 carries 80 yards (approx #'s from my memory).

This was 14-6 game late in the 2nd quarter when Tye dropped a walk in 60 yard TD pass.. The next play ELI was sacked and fumbled and you got a late FG.. 17-3 at half.. Thats a 10 point swing and momentum.

Green Bay scored only 24 points while controlling the clock.

I cant see this game playing out the same way.

The Giants had NO run game in that week with Jennings being out , and Cruz was injured in the pass game..

The Giants are 7-0 when running the ball 25+ times, 4-5 when under 25 carries..

The yards dont matter, the attempts run the clock and keep your offense off the field.

My concern in this game is two fold.. Your TE Cook and Erik Flowers vs Matthews.. Matthews looked great 2 weeks ago, but vs the Lions he was putrid. (Shoulder can still be an issue)

The Giants wont shred your defense, but they also wont try to..

Eli will play it safe and when he gets his single high safety look he will try to exploit it.

Vegas is always leaning towards the Giants with the line only being 4.5..

It will be a great game.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see cobb is practicing, honestly how G-Mo been playing I would rather cobb sit out and rest that ankle. Sort of a Dak/Romo situation .:sneaky:

D

Deleted member 6794

I see cobb is practicing, honestly how G-Mo been playing I would rather cobb sit out and rest that ankle. Sort of a Dak/Romo situation .:sneaky:

The Packers offense benefits from having a healthy Cobb at its disposal but Allison should still continue to get snaps.

Members online

Latest posts