2010 Packers Mock Draft

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early to be discussing the draft? Some of you may think so, but I was bored and needed to waste some time. Here is my mock draft with explanations, please tell me what you guys think.

1. Charles Brown OT USC
2. Kyle Wilson CB Boise St
3. O'Brien Schofield OLB Wisconsin
4. Jared Odrick DT Penn State
5. Robert Vaughn FS Conneticut
6. Matt Dodge P East Carolina
7. Marlon Winn OT Texas Tech

1. Wanted to put Bryan Bulaga here but I think he will be taken by the time we pick. Charles Brown will be the best tackle available on the board, and we certainly need help in that area.

2. Al Harris is out for the season and now we have to put up with Jarret Bush as the Nickel Corner. Not to sure on Pat Lee since he got injured, and I'm unsure if Harris will be back next year, so we should go corner here. Kyle Wilson will be a great pickup and will help out in 2 areas. He's a dominant corner, having 11 career interceptions and breaks up a lot of passes. He's also a great return man, taking back 3 punts for a TD in '08 (Though he has none this year).

3. O'Brien Schofield is an absolute monster! So far this season he has 8 sacks and 19.5 TFL. A big improvement over Kampman at OLB.

4. We may lose Ryan Pickett, so we are going to need to add some depth on our D-Line. Odrick is having a good year with 6 sacks.

5. Collins is a great safety and Bigby is good. But behind them we have absolutely no one. Vaughn is a solid safety who has amassed many interceptions (13) in his college career .

6. We absolutely suck on special teams this year. One thing we must do to improve that is get a better Punter. Dodge is the top Punter in this draft class. Dodge is averaging 45.4 yards per punt and his long is 73 yards.

7. Might as well add more depth at the OT position.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i pretty much agree with all those positions needing to get addressed in the next draft. I've seen draft sites have Selvish Capers ahead of Charles Brown. Would he be more realistic as the next best Tackle? He might have gotten hurt and just haven't heard about it. i would maybe throw in a running back in one of the later rounds. Wouldn't hurt to have a running back given that Grant and Jackson are shaky.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i pretty much agree with all those positions needing to get addressed in the next draft. I've seen draft sites have Selvish Capers ahead of Charles Brown. Would he be more realistic as the next best Tackle? He might have gotten hurt and just haven't heard about it. i would maybe throw in a running back in one of the later rounds. Wouldn't hurt to have a running back given that Grant and Jackson are shaky.

My personal opinion is that Brown is much better than Capers. Most draft sites I've seen have Charles Brown, Trent Williams, Jason Fox, and Sam Young over Capers. I really wanted to throw a running back in my mock draft, but I figured with all of our concerns, I just addressed the other ones and thought we could put up with Grant/Jackson for another year. If I were to put a Runningback in there I would maybe remove Odrick from the 4th selection and replace him with either Evan Royster, Toby Gerhart, or Montario Hardesty.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mock draft

Agree with the logic but I thnk Anthony Davis LT (Rutgers) if he is available will be the 1st pick. I am torn between Corner and safety for the 2nd round and the play of Ford and Underwood will have much to say about this issue. Should Trevor Ford play up to his potential then I think TT may wait unless one of the top corners slips a bit then no doubt the age of Woodsen would prompt him to take advantage of the situation and get a top flight talent to succeed him
Pack88

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That draft will never happen... there isn't a WR taken anywhere in that draft. ;)

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean it's not like our 5th string receiver is that great, but then again I don't think anybody's is.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A definant need at the tackle position. Bryan Bulaga would be a great pick, however it still isn't certain if he will go for the NFL. I also agree with the picking of Odrick (a monster) and O'Brien Schofield (another beast who can get in the backfield)

Members online

Latest posts