1st round pick for Jalen Ramsey???

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
Looks like with a few acquisitions this team could have real Super Bowl potential. Should we throw away the future for now ?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's "just" a 1st for Ramsey Gute should make that trade before they hang up the phone.

A 1st and a 4th seems reasonable but if you can get them to agree to a 1st and Jackson that's a done deal to me

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Did the Jags do his option year? Why would they take a $3.7m cap hit? Is his $13m option salary that much of an upgrade over what we have?

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As someone said, I would accept that trade on the first phone call. Imagine Alexander covering every teams 2nd option or slot and put King on the 2nd.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a 1st, another pick/asset, and a new contract.

It's a lot.

In a vacuum, yes...but I'm gonna say no. We have other more important needs, imo. That's a lot of money.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Would rather Minkah for sure.

Minkah has more cheap control, fits our need better, and isn't a total jagweed. Guys like Ramsey ruin locker rooms.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The patriots win Super Bowls with babies and divas every year. It’s time we worry less about character and more about the scoreboard.

I know i heard that somewhere before . . .

"The patriots win Super Bowls with babies and divas every year. It’s time we worry less about character and more about the scoreboard. So yeah, lets get Antonio Brown." John Gruden March 2019

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would rather Minkah for sure.

Minkah has more cheap control, fits our need better, and isn't a total jagweed. Guys like Ramsey ruin locker rooms.
No real comment on Ramsey, but I completely agree I would rather trade our first for a very good player with several cheap years ahead vs one that wants a market setting contract once we trade for him.

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know i heard that somewhere before . . .

"The patriots win Super Bowls with babies and divas every year. It’s time we worry less about character and more about the scoreboard. So yeah, lets get Antonio Brown." John Gruden March 2019
So Ramsey equals Brown?

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
these players requesting trades is really getting to be too much

They have every right. Star NFL players get injured equals cut, have a bad season equals cut or ask for a contract after over performing their contract, let them holdout. Players have every right to be selfish and look out for themselves. With the amount of money being made, every decent player equals a single business.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope nope nope let’s keep riding “Packer People” into medocrity. i mean.... get us a young roster... put them in the weight room this off season (shhhhh .... that’s secret, nobody else knows bout that weight room trick).... yey-yah!!!!

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too think "character issues" are somewhat overblown on this forum sometimes. However, given that Ramsey will join a pretty stacked secondary, will command a high price in terms of draft capital, and lastly will already take up a huge proportion of our cap space come next year (and we wil need all the cap space we can get), I'd pass on paying up a 1st rounder for him.

Maybe you can tempt me with a second, but that would probably still be the heart getting the better off the brains. And there is no way that he will leave for a second rounder. So pass.

If we are to trade for a player, we need to target some undervalued offensive player who can contribute for our team regardless. We can use all the help we can get in that department.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the character issue is going to reduce what the Jags can get a bit more every week this drags out.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agree with SD here
minkah was more interesting to me given what he had left on his rookie deal and the upgrade he represented at slot corner
ramsey is obv a beast wherever he goes, but he's gonna be big, big $ soon
i like what i see with our secondary enough that I wouldn't want to bite that off

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's "just" a 1st for Ramsey Gute should make that trade before they hang up the phone.

A 1st and a 4th seems reasonable but if you can get them to agree to a 1st and Jackson that's a done deal to me

If they didn't trade for Minkah then there's no way they trade for Jalen. Minkah still has four years left on his rookie deal while Jalen is going to want a MASSIVE contract. Minkah, when considering his contact, was the better guy to trade for so I doubt the Packers really try to acquire Jalen.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too think "character issues" are somewhat overblown on this forum sometimes.

I've been saying that for the longest. It's like anyone that has "character issues" no one here is interested due to them potentially becoming a problem in the locker room. My argument is this: If The Packers are truly a well runned organization as we like to believe, then A. This shouldn't be an issue since we'll have a strong culture. B. He'll be bought into that culture because we're winning. C. Chances are this will typically be their last to both win and possibly play in the NFL. I mean if you get kicked off from a classy organization like The Packers that should tell you something.

I believe in second chances, and I believe in redemption. To quote Black Widow from Endgame:
Granted it depends on the player. For example I was devil's advocate in regards to AB, but I said I would rather take Odell than AB. And I'm glad that he's not our problem. But my thing is you see New England take chances on these players and it typically pays off, why can't we take a chance sometimes?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read that he has a $13.5m cap hit next season as his 5th year option has already been picked up.

Despite record, I'm willing to take a gamble on King staying healthy.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been saying that for the longest. It's like anyone that has "character issues" no one here is interested due to them potentially becoming a problem in the locker room. My argument is this: If The Packers are truly a well runned organization as we like to believe, then A. This shouldn't be an issue since we'll have a strong culture. B. He'll be bought into that culture because we're winning. C. Chances are this will typically be their last to both win and possibly play in the NFL. I mean if you get kicked off from a classy organization like The Packers that should tell you something.

I believe in second chances, and I believe in redemption. To quote Black Widow from Endgame:
Granted it depends on the player. For example I was devil's advocate in regards to AB, but I said I would rather take Odell than AB. And I'm glad that he's not our problem. But my thing is you see New England take chances on these players and it typically pays off, why can't we take a chance sometimes?

I think for some fans its a personal issue. They simply don't want to feel obligated to cheer for someone they find repulsive. Sometimes its for moral issues (the player beat someone or did something else illegal) or sometimes its just because a player is a complete ****** (is ****** one word or two?)

Up until these last allegations AB fell into the later category and many fans felt he would simply be a disruption. Now with the recent claims by the trainer he may spill over into the former. All we know for sure is that no matter what category he was in his time in Oakland was no more than a fart in the wind and I'm betting all the fans who approved of that move initially have changed their minds.

Members online

Latest posts