1983 Packers Redskins

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With no sports on TV (and I only get a couple channels anyway), dug out the ole 10 Greatest Packer Games Boxed Set (apparently the really mean 10 greatest of the 80’s and 90’s). This gem was indeed a classic well worth the go back and watch. ****ey took a lot of punishment but was The Man.... as was Paul Kaufman. Lofton dropped a lot of bombs or the Packers would have scored 60. They talked about Starrs 9th year as HC.... love Bart RIP but good god did we really suffer him as a HC that long. It was fun listening to Juice, Gifford and the Danderoo call the game... Howard was on hiatus after the World Series... Thank God the Skins kicker missed a fairly routine FG right at the end. Green Bay had some hot women in stands back in those days. Maybe they brought them in for MNF?

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With no sports on TV (and I only get a couple channels anyway), dug out the ole 10 Greatest Packer Games Boxed Set (apparently the really mean 10 greatest of the 80’s and 90’s). This gem was indeed a classic well worth the go back and watch. ****ey took a lot of punishment but was The Man.... as was Paul Kaufman. Lofton dropped a lot of bombs or the Packers would have scored 60. They talked about Starrs 9th year as HC.... love Bart RIP but good god did we really suffer him as a HC that long. It was fun listening to Juice, Gifford and the Danderoo call the game... Howard was on hiatus after the World Series... Thank God the Skins kicker missed a fairly routine FG right at the end. Green Bay had some hot women in stands back in those days. Maybe they brought them in for MNF?
My first wife and I were there!
It was like watching a track meet.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
My first wife and I were there!
It was like watching a track meet.
The only game I’ve ever been to at Lambeau. Absolutely incredible. Terrible defense and great offense. Thank you Mark Moseley!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on, the run defense was pretty good on both sides. The Packers weren't giving old Riggins any space to run. They just couldn't cover a thing.

Lofton did drop a few that he should have, but they were bombs and not always easy to catch.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Which version do you have? The first one without Rodgers Super 45 win, or the updated one?

Also I was 6 when that game was played we didn't have a VCR then, so I missed the game. When my parents told me the Packers had beaten the Superbowl Champs I was HOT! So a couple years later they get another Monday Night game against Denver...I cut a deal with my parents cause A.) I'm a huge Packers fan B.) They screwed me out of the Redskins game and C.) I loved Elway that I didn't have to go to bed until the Packers got down 14. I think we fumbled the opening kick off for a Denver TD...then we fumbled on offense or ****ey threw a pick 6 or something, and I'm in bed before Elway takes a snap!

Members online

Latest posts