Your thoughts on the Titans vs Packers game

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: the first half....not very good

tromadz said:
our starters left after 1 series. We scored.

They scored after a a penalty on ahmad caroll when we FORCED THEM TO PUNT.

then it was our backups vs their starters the rest of the way, and only gave up 1 score, which isnt too bad for BACKUPS vs STARTERS.
*EDITED BY AADP - Poster never implied this*

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ya know. Say what you will about Chatman, but atleast he caught it. I think Bruce said we'd be missing Chatman's sure hands. I have to agree.... now.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why? we'll be putting Jennings,Ferguson,woodson, anyone else who isnt inept at catching a ball on sept 10th.

Rodgers was given a LOT of chances to come through, and failed. He wont play(at PR). If he does, im gonna have to smack MM in the lips!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It's ok. I'm not freaking out or nothing. But ... yeah atleast Chatman caught it and you knew he would.

Jennings will most likely be our guy back there so we shouldn't have to worry. I'd just rather seem him opposite Driver and not have to worry about PR.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought it was interesting of the rookies that they took out right away and the ones they didn't. Well, I don't count Hodge because we have nothing else behind our starter Barnett.

They took Hawk and Jennings out after the first series. They left Poppinga in there after he started. I wasn't too impressed with his play. Kenderick Allen played well. Johnny Jolly constantly got a push up the middle. Tollefson played well against the pass. I wish they would cut Horton to be honest. He is another Ahmad Carroll if ya ask me. The backup safeties other than Culver look lost.

OP
OP
U

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im looking fowerd to seeing the packers play week one. i think its going to be a really good game if both teams play good.

it will also be a big test for the packers, like most of you have said.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Green Bay treated it as a scrimmage. The Titans played their starters all 1st half. Green Bay pulled them. So it was a good test for the young guys to go up against some NFL Starters early on.

Depth on the offensive line is a concern. If one of our starters go down we're in trouble. The only guy I feel safe with his Chris White as our backup Center. Colledge is raw and inconsistent. I hope TT has sense to find some guys on the waiver wire.

Noah Herron should make this roster. He had a great game and a solid camp. I think he deserves a spot. I like him and Gado to make it. Vonte Leach probably as the backup FB unless they keep Davenport over him. Davenport didn't have a good game in the limit action he saw. Maybe GB can let him go for a 5th or 6th round pick. I doubt if there would be any takers though.

Aaron Rodgers didn't play to well. He was with the 2nd team against the 1st team. I wish McCarthy gave Rodgers some work with the 1st team O but that didn't happen. Overall he progress nicely from year 1 to year 2 and this game doesn't really make me think otherwise.

Cory Rodgers should probably get release. If you can't catch a punt you don't belong in the NFL in my opinion. He looks awful and scared out there. It's a shame you have to give up on a 4th round pick but I think there are 2 players in Brewster and Martin that you can't let go. They had good games and both have impress in camps. Rodgers might be lucky to stay on though.

Gado looked good at times. Gado looks like he's picking up the system. He'll need to keep it up though. I think he's going to be the back that spares Green and Herron will be used more this year as well. Beach will be a practice squad guy in my opinion.

Overall I don't think you can take to much out of this game. I mean it was the 4th pre season game. McCarthy came in with his mind set that he wanted a fast start. Green Bay got a fast start. He pulled the guys right after that. I'm sure some will complain about how GB lost but in my opinion you can't say much until the Monday after the game against the Bears. That's where it begins and it's time to get ready. Business is about to pickup. Finally Football is back!!!

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
It's ok. I'm not freaking out or nothing. But ... yeah atleast Chatman caught it and you knew he would.

Jennings will most likely be our guy back there so we shouldn't have to worry. I'd just rather seem him opposite Driver and not have to worry about PR.

Amen all around.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts