Your most prized Packer possession

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are two......a sepia tone photo of "Lambeau Field" done the day it was originally completed.....sits right next to my photo of the "New Lambeau".

and,

An 11" x 14" of the classic photo of Ray Nitschke standing over the poor Redskin he leveled...grimacing and looking nasty as could be....with the comment "Nitschke Never Wore An Earring" framed right below.

He is my original and all-time Packer....followed shortly by LeRoy Butler and Brett....in no particular order.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Mom has a limited edition GBP lawn tractor from Simplicity Mfg ( she worked there for 25 years ) with about 100 autographs on it, including 50 from the 96 team. She unbolts the hood and takes it to autograph sessions. She rides it in local parades and such and has been in the paper a few times. It's quite a unique item.
Hammer

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fvre4mvp said:
... my throwback helmet signed by 18 packers on the '66 championship team.

WOW! I'd kill for something like that... could you give me your address?

I love my Hornung and Starr autographed football, my Brett Favre rookie cards, my framed and hung share of Packer stock and of course, my cheesehead.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have too many things to just say one. But the full sized Packer helmet i got a few years back that i had signed by 44 Packers (all in one day at practice) is right up at the top. Also, the football card that Favre signed for me after practice in 1993, the Bart Starr football card personalized to me, the Favre signed football, many photos i took that i got signed by players, the pic of me and Bob Harlan i took up to Fan Fest and had him sign, the photo and cards Ray Nitschke signed for me back in 1989 when i got to meet him........and i could go on.
Mostly, the memories i have of meeting players over the years is what i wish i had a recording of.

Bob......you have a REAL stub to SB ONE??? Were you there, or did you buy it?

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not my Favre Jersey,GB Polo shirt,GB Boxers, GB mug, GB coffee cup, Cheesehead or ticket stub from GB @ SD. It is in the future and will be the Ticket stub from a Lambeau game TBA!You lucky bastards. Some great items all of you have.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
jdlax said:
Probably my Packer colored shovel, signed "Gilbert Brown 93 The Gravedigger".
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Like that?

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
jdlax said:
Probably my Packer colored shovel, signed "Gilbert Brown 93 The Gravedigger".
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Like that?

I'll post a picture when I have more time. Mine doesn't have the fancy *** graveyard on it, and "The Gravedigger" is in Gilbert's writing on the one I have.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When i got Gilbert's autograph, i asked him to add "Grave Digger" on it, and he was real cool about it and said "Sure!"

Sterling

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My most prized possession is the two season tickets (green package in my name) that I waited 33 years to finally get. I applied in 1968 and watched my named work its way up the list until 2001, when they began charging the seat license fee and I had my chance. We are in row 53 in the north endzone and everytime we go to a game, I think I have died and gone to heaven.
Second I would have to say a large picture, probably about two feet high by four feet long, of Brett Favre in all different phases of his game, hanging on my living room wall. It was a Christmas present from a good friend a couple of years ago.
And thirdly, would have to be the souvenirs I have from the Super Bowl game in San Diego. The Packers lost, but I still felt it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience to go.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow Sterling.......getting to go to a Super Bowl.........i know how bad it hurt sitting at home to see them lose. It must have been hard to see in person. I was at the NFC title game in Dallas 2 years before that, and it was a LONG plane ride home.

Sterling

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The loss was hard to swallow, especially because they didn't have to lose that game. It just seemed the Broncos wanted it more than our Packers. In spite of the loss, it was exciting to actually be at a super bowl game.
We just lucked out to get tickets at the regular price at the time. ($275 each) A friend of mine had season tickets and so did her brother. Both of them had their names drawn in the lottery. Her brother talked about scalping them (he didn't want to go) and she told him in no uncertain terms that she was family and wanted his tickets. So four of us diehards went. We flew to Phoenix, rented a car and drove to San Diego proudly waving our Packers flag all the way there and back. The trip was a hoot, in spite of the loss.
San Diego was full of green and gold from the time we got there until we left. I think the majority of Bronco fans flew in for the day just prior to the game. But we did some sightseeing and enjoyed the moment.
Us Wisconsin folks like to make the most out of every fun opportunity and we did.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They only sold the stock to shore up their finances at the time. The stock has no monatary value, as the team can't be sold. I don't see them ever doing the sale again, but you never know.

Sterling......sounds like you had fun at the SB anyway. I doubt that i will EVER get to go to one. But the 52-3 drubbing of the Saints last year was fun for me!

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The cover of the Wisconson newspaper when the Pack beat the Pats to win the SB. Keep in mind I was living in arizona at the time! My aunt in Menominee(?) sent it to me and a cheesehead along with it.

Leelee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A 3/4 life size cardboard Brett that says "Got Milk?" My sister-in-law the lunch lady retrieved it for us at the end of a school year. He reigns in the media room each football Sunday!

Reaction score
cheesey said:
They only sold the stock to shore up their finances at the time. The stock has no monatary value, as the team can't be sold. I don't see them ever doing the sale again, but you never know.

Sterling......sounds like you had fun at the SB anyway. I doubt that i will EVER get to go to one. But the 52-3 drubbing of the Saints last year was fun for me!

I was at that Saints game too !!

My most prized piece of packers stuff is a Reggie White starter jersey that is signed by the whole superbowl winning squad, all the starters in sharpie in the "92" and the other huys on the green in gold marker.

Its framed on my wall at home

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The_Gray_Ghost_of_Gonzaga said:
cheesey said:

I was at that Saints game too !!

My most prized piece of packers stuff is a Reggie White starter jersey that is signed by the whole superbowl winning squad, all the starters in sharpie in the "92" and the other huys on the green in gold marker.

Its framed on my wall at home

You were at that game too!?!?! WHY didn't you say HI to me!?!?(J/K!)
Thats a cool jersey! I can see why that would be #1 on your list!!! :D

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably having the Raiders-Packers game on VHS when Favre played right after his dad died. I know it sounds pathetic, but I shed a few tears watching that game because I can't begin to understand how that must have felt for #4...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Probably having the Raiders-Packers game on VHS when Favre played right after his dad died. I know it sounds pathetic, but I shed a few tears watching that game because I can't begin to understand how that must have felt for #4...
ND........a REAL man sheds tears. It shows you have a heart! I cried also, and am not ashamed to say so. My Dad used to tell me, that God gave us emotions for a reason, to use them. My Dad died of a heart attack at age 44 when i was 16, so i knew the loss Brett was feeling. I guess that made me identify with him on that issue.
To me you showed you were a bigger man by being able to admit what you were feeling.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
NDPackerFan said:
ND........a REAL man sheds tears. It shows you have a heart! I cried also, and am not ashamed to say so. My Dad used to tell me, that God gave us emotions for a reason, to use them. My Dad died of a heart attack at age 44 when i was 16, so i knew the loss Brett was feeling. I guess that made me identify with him on that issue.
To me you showed you were a bigger man by being able to admit what you were feeling.

:cry: Thanks man!!! :cry:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a great thread, and a good read.

I can not hold a candle to any of you as far as Packer memorbilia is concerned.

Other than store bought stuff all I have is a autographed photo from Jerry Tagge taken in 1977 when he was playing for the B.C. Lions... I asked him to sign it "Go Packers!" and he did. That was kind of cool of him since he was released by the Packers and playing in Canada at the time.

I have a picture of Al Davis in my wallet though.

Just kidding.

R.P.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I can not hold a candle to any of you as far as Packer memorbilia is concerned.

I have a picture of Al Davis in my wallet though.

Just kidding.

R.P.

yeah, they make my 20 dollar cheesehead hat look silly(which it is) :(

but I have a picture of TT in my wallet....am I joking?

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My season tickets because I know what it's like being on the outside looking in.

What makes them even better is I was on the list for 2.5 years before I got the Milwaukee tickets and I was on the list for 7 years before getting the Green Bay package.

I signed up for the Milwaukee tickets early 1994, 6 months later they announced the move from Milwaukee and closed the Milwaukee waiting list. I got my Milwaukee tickets in 1996 and was very appreciative to be sitting in Lambeau Field in my own seats after waiting only 2.5 years. They're "leap" seats and I was on Monday Night Football once, that was Antonio Freeman's miracle catch against the Vikings in overtime.

I had figured that signing up for the Green Bay package would be futile but after what happened I figured anything could happen so I signed up for the Green Bay tickets in 1995. It did. They renovated the stadium, initiated a User Fee, and the turnover got me the Green package starting in 2002.

Yes, there is a catch in how I beat the 30 year wait; I have two SINGLE seats but I had learned a few things over the years concerning Packer tickets. When I came up I was able to get two seats that are in adjacent ROWS and the same seat number so they'ye back-to-back, about as close as you can get without sitting side-by-side. About a third to half the time I'm able to sit side-by-side with my game buddy depending on how the people around me come and go. The seats are corner end zone but there is no bad seat at Lambeau Field and it is such a great thing to be able to go to any game. If I ever do get side-by-sides I'm not sure if I would want them, the people around you become family almost.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have so many Packer things that I can't begin to mention them all. However, I think right now is my Italian charm which says #4 on it. I found it at Packers Plus in Park Falls, WI. Pretty spendy, but I bought it anyway. Plus all of the autographs we have from the cruises we have been on with the players.

Members online

Latest posts