1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WR Brett Swain

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Arles, Apr 27, 2008.

1. sharkbite

sharkbite Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another interesting note. Brandon Chiller and Swain played together in High School. They are very good friends.
  2. sharkbite

sharkbite Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another interesting note. Swain and Brandon Chiller played at the same High School. They are very good friends.
  3. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't call any pick right now a waste. By this time next year Ruvell Martin and Koren Robinson could be off the roster. I kind of think they will be.

If Swain makes the practice squad this year and works hard at it, you could be looking at your #5 WR for 2009 season and in McCarthy's offense, he'll see playing time.

I'm not saying that will happen but it could.
  4. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    There's a thin line between 7th rounders and the guys signed as FA's the next day that didn't get drafted at all so it's a crap shoot by then anyhow.

Besides, two receivers go down at the same time for a couple weeks and this kids off the practice squad and on the roster. It's not all that unrealistic. There WILL BE a wr on the practice squad waiting in the wings that knows the offense. Just a matter of who that is.
  5. Cubanpenguin

Cubanpenguin Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was watching the rookie players locker room interviews on www.packers.com and he really seemed like a good kid, he seemed proud to be in Green Bay and that he would work very hard to be part of the team either on offence or special teams. I like the pick and I hope he makes it.